Erasure

The Secrets We Keep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Without prior notice, as she didn’t have any way of contacting her, Dahyun appeared on Sana’s door early in the morning. It occurred to her the night before that Sana had no way of knowing the group’s usual meeting place and time every morning for school, so in consideration, Dahyun wanted to at least inform her by walking with her, and to further her relationship with everyone else. It might just be an excuse to be alone with her, but there was no way for Dahyun to tell. Though she didn’t expect much of anything, Dahyun was astonished by the bright and energetic Sana, who was far from the Sana she spent time with the day before.

 

“Dahyun-chan! Did you come to pick me up? That’s sweet of you!” were the first words that came out of when she opened the door, which only made the little tofu at a loss for words.

 

Sana grabbed her school bag by the doorway and, grabbing a hold of Dahyun’s hand, led the way to school. Dahyun didn’t speak the whole time as she was still in the middle of processing this new personality she was witnessing. Her silence was immediately noticed by the enthusiastic Sana.

 

“What’s wrong? Did you not get enough sleep?” the older one stopped and gazed into the younger one’s eyes. She was unbelievably close that Dahyun was left standing there, wide-eyed.

 

“I-I’m fine,” Dahyun finally managed to say, in which Sana responded with a bright smile and a pat on the tofu’s head.

 

“You’re so cute when you’re shy,” she giggled and continued on with her hand still gripping Dahyun’s.

 

When they arrived at the school’s courtyard, Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Jihyo, and Mina were already there chatting the morning away. Upon seeing the two arrive, Jeongyeon noticed the somewhat unresponsive Dahyun.

 

Jeongyeon pointed at the pale tofu. “Did you drag her out of bed or something? She’s paler than she usually is, and I didn’t even think that’s possible.”

 

“Her? She’s been like this since she picked me up.” Sana finally let go of her hand, which instantly made Dahyun snap out and back to reality.

 

The two maknaes made their appearance and immediately started complaining to Dahyun for leaving them behind. Not a moment was wasted when they got there before Mina instantly magnetized to Chaeyoung’s side and gave her a peck on the cheek, which only made the little one blush as she continued bickering with her roommate.

 

Unlike yesterday, Sana was able to join in on the fun. When the two lovebirds were constantly being teased by the rest, Sana spoke in a way that people wouldn’t believe she was this reserved person just less than 24 hours ago.

 

 

~

Sana was scheduled in the same History class as Nayeon and Jeongyeon. She was more than happy to be able to have similar classes with her new friends. And as Sana barely knew anything about the emperors of Korea, the two were kind enough to guide her through the lectures. They shared their notes with her, filling her in on the topics she missed as Sana enrolled in the school about 2 weeks into the semester.

 

“Wow, you’re handwriting is so pretty,” Nayeon commented upon seeing the Japanese copy their notes.

 

Sana giggled at her compliment. “Thank you,” she said. “Although I still have a lot to learn on the Korean language. Hey, maybe you guys can help me with my Korean class. I have to write this essay about something I’m passionate about, and I need someone to proofread it for me to make sure my grammar and spelling are correct.”

 

Jeongyeon leaned in from Nayeon’s side, “Sure! Nayeon and I are going to do some work too back at the dorm. You can join us there if you want.”

 

“Really?” Sana jumped up enthusiastically, causing her chair to scrape against the floor which caught the attention of the class. The other two snickered and she immediately sat back down. “That’d be great,” she said.



 

~

The group got together as usual during lunch, save for Momo who was currently in her dance studio practicing as she didn’t have classes that day. They got themselves situated at a nearby tteokbokki place, one of their favorite dishes to eat. Although each person had their own personal taste in food, there were many that they bonded over. And the famous Korean staple food was one of them. The friends ate their meals family style, ordering dishes and sharing it amongst each other. Sana liked the camaraderie in everything they did.

 

Dahyun took a bite of the cheese kimbap. And Sana, who was sitting right next to her, looked at the dubu’s movements as if in envy. “Is it good?” Sana asked her.

 

The younger one nodded. “Try some.”

 

Sana leaned closer and opened . She stayed suspended because Dahyun couldn’t seem to react to what she was doing. So the older one moved closer, to where Dahyun was holding her chopsticks, with still open. “Ahhh,” she said while looking at the frozen Dahyun.

 

Dubu looked at her half bitten kimbap and then at Sana. She was pondering on what to do. Should I feed her my half-eaten one, or should I grab a new roll? She asked herself. But from the look on Sana’s face, with her eyebrows all bunched up in such a cute way, Dahyun surmised that she wasn’t going to close until there was food in it. So the pale-skinned tofu fed her the half-eaten kimbap, in which Sana happily chewed, making her adorable cheeks puff even more.

 

“Wow, this is good!” Sana exclaimed.

 

“Which one?” Tzuyu asked from across the table.

 

“Cheese kimbap,” the older one grabbed one with her chopsticks and walked over to Tzuyu to feed it to her, in which the maknae happily ate.

 

Dahyun looked at the whole exchange and became confused as to why it bothered her more than it should. She quietly continued to eat as she thought of Sana’s recent eccentric behavior. Since that morning, she thought that maybe Sana didn’t hate her after all, and it made her happy to a point that she thought the way she was behaving was solely for tofu herself. However upon seeing her act comfortably with the others as well, she wasn’t sure why it was that she was feeling less than pleased.

 

“Sana-ssi, you don’t have classes in the afternoon right? We can do our school work after lunch,” Nayeon said.

 

Hamster Sana nooded with a mouthful of kimbap.

 

“You’re getting together? Can I come?” Dahyun immediately asked.

 

“Don’t you have theater rehearsals?”

 

“Uhh, no. It got canceled,” dubu lied. She didn’t know why she wanted so bad to join their little group study. Such things weren’t necessarily something she enjoyed, nor does she usually feel the need to skip on her classes. But the mere thought of Sana being in such a gathering caused her to forget how much she hated doing homework.

 

As she was enjoying her newly found favorite food, Sana quietly smiled when she heard Dahyun would be joining.


 

~

The study group took place in Jeongyeon’s room since Momo was currently still out at her dance studio. The dorm room was neat and organized as usual. Yoo Jeongyeon was known to keep things clean, even spending time constantly cleaning after her usually out-of-it roommate. Of course, the tidiness of the room weren’t a surprise to her friends. It was definitely a better place to do work in than Nayeon’s room which was constantly filled with the oldest one’s various clothes.

 

As the three situated themselves to get started on their work, Dahyun got on Momo’s bed and started messing around with the stuffed animals.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter