Chocopie

The Secrets We Keep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay Sana-chan, you wanted this. After months of endless begging from your parents, you’re finally living the college life in Korea,” Sana encouraged herself in front of the mirror as she got ready for her first day at the university. She straightened her outfit and made sure her appearance was neat and her posture was composed. “You can do this. It’s your first day, make a good first impression.”

 

Sana looked around at her empty dorm room. She was placed in a shared room with no roommate, a little less of what she was expecting for her new exciting school life, but nonetheless she was ecstatic to finally be the independent sort of person she wanted to be. After one final look at the mirror, triple checking her outfit, and making sure her hair was properly tied back, she grabbed her school bag and went out the door to her new exciting school life as a student of the University of Korea.


~

“Dahyun-ah, it’s 7:30 in the morning, how are you already on your 3rd chocopie?” Jeongyeon teased the younger student by poking her stomach. “It amazes me how you can stay fit with that appetite.”

 

“Have you tried my eagle dance yet? It’s a very good workout routine. I suggest you try it.” Dahyun joked with a mouthful of chocolate. They were seated at the school’s courtyard waiting for the rest of their friends to make an appearance.

 

Completely ignoring her response, Jeongyeon asked Dahyun for her roommates’ whereabouts.

 

“Chaeyoung spent the night with Mina and Tzuyu was still getting ready when I left. She should be here soon though. She’s just taking her time with her lipstick.”

 

“Why are you here first? You’re the least likely person to be here this early.”

 

“I actually haven’t slept yet.” Dahyun yawned as she opened yet another chocopie, in which Jeongyeon grabbed out of her hands. “Yah!”

 

“Save it for lunch time. You’ve had enough.” Jeongyeon shoved the chocopie in her bag for safe keeping. “Anyways, what were you doing all night?”

 

“Watching Goblin. Chaeyoung watched it at Mina’s without me so I have to catch up to where she is so we can watch the rest together.”

 

Jeongyeon smirked. “You don’t actually think Mina and Chaeyoung spent the night watching Goblin, did you?”

 

Dahyun playfully pushed Jeongyeon at her comment. “Nayeon-unnie and Jihyo-unnie slept there, so yes, I would like to think they were watching Goblin instead of whatever nasty thing you were thinking they were doing.”

 

Jeongyeon liked to tease Dahyun about Mina and Chaeyoung’s relationship because even when the signs were there, Dahyun still couldn’t fully grasp the idea that her two beloved friends developed feelings for each other beyond that of friendship. A full month had passed and Dahyun still couldn’t fully get comfortable when they call each other ‘babe’. To her, Chaeyoung was still her cute little sister and Mina whose aesthetics she highly looked up on. Never did it occur to her that the two would profess their love for each other at Chaeyoung’s graduation ceremony.

 

Although it wasn’t that Dahyun didn’t support the two’s relationship, it was more that she missed Chaeyoung company whenever she needed someone to have nightly chats with whenever she couldn’t sleep, or for Chaeyoung to scold her whenever she went overboard with her dancing at parties. Chaeyoung’s attention was magnetized to Mina, and that made Dahyun somewhat melancholy. But nonetheless, she was happy for them. Chaeyoung’s smile never faded when she was with Mina, and that in itself was Dahyun’s own happiness for her good friend. And as if on cue, Chaeyoung’s bright face came into view as her an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter