Drunk Driving

What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas....?

Drunk Driving--------Chapter 2 ---------------------JaeJoong’s POV

“Why are we drinking again?” Hyun Joong asked me.

“Because my wife can’t seem to remember that she has a husband,” I answered, gulping down the shot in front of me.

“Dude, you need to back off, she’s busy,” he replied.

“Hyun we have not spoken to each other since that morning when we left my parents house and her bodyguards took her back to the US and that was almost four months ago,” I answered getting angry, gulping down his shot.

“Yah that was mine,” he exclaimed.

“Whatever. How come she can’t call me? I mean isn’t she worried about me at all?”

“Dude why don’t you call her if you want to talk to her so much?” he smart assed.

“Because she’s the wife damn it,” and then muttered, “Besides she changed her number.”

I guess Hyun Joong heard me because he was on the floor laughing his stupid off.

“Yah this is serious! Why the hell are you laughing?” I was getting irritated.

“You really like her don’t you?” He said seriously.

Yes.

“No.”

“Then why are you tripping about her calling you?”

“That is beside the point,” I answered, drinking another shot.

“What is the point?” he asked smiling.

See I knew asking him out for a drink was a bad idea in the first place…but he is one of my closest friends other than the rest of the guys and was also in Japan. Now I was paying for the bad choices I made earlier.

“The point is that she is my damn wife and she should call and check how her damn man is doing at least once a week if not for her then to at least let me know how she has been,” I yelled, slamming my fist down.

 Hyun Joong smiled for a minute before saying, “I see what the point is now.”

I scoffed, as if!

“You’re jealous. You’re mad that she hasn’t called you but has been hanging out with her boyfriend,” Hyun Joong declared.

That’s exactly it!

“Shut up,” was the only thing I could muster up.

Hyun Joong started to laugh.

The rest of the night went like that.

“Let’s go home, I have an early flight back home to see Buin and I am not going to be late,” he commanded pushing me into my car.

“Maybe we should call someone,” I slurred...sort of.

We were on the road back to our apartments when everything turned bright before turning pitch black.

 

I woke up to Changmin hovering over me.

“Hyung you’re alive!” he hugged me.

“Yah get off,” I shouted, well attempted to but my mouth was dry as hell so it came out hoarse.

“Hyung I thought you were a goner! What would happen to Dong Bang Shin Ki,” Junsu squealed.

“What the hell happened?” I croaked.

“You’re an idiot JaeJoong, that’s what happened. Please tell me what got into that idiotic brain of yours?” YunHo yelled.

I’m confused.

“You got in a car accident because you were drunk driving Hyung,” Yoochun answered my unspoken question.

Well that explains why my body feels like it has been ran over by a truck.

“What the hell were you thinking JaeJoong? Thanks to your , Hyun Joong has a broken arm and you’ve got a broken foot,” YunHo yelled.

Will he just shut up!

The door slammed open and an angry Yoobin came in.

Yoobin is here?

She walked straight towards me, her eyes roaming the damage, my casted leg.

“Why the hell didn’t any of you answer your phone or call me?” she yelled, facing the guys that were just as shocked to see her.

Wow, she looked pissed.

“Yoobin,” I whispered.

She glared at me.

“I’m waiting for an answer,” she stated tapping her foot.

No one answered. The guys were actually afraid of her.

“Manager Seo, how come you didn’t inform my manager about this?” Yoobin asked crossing her arms.

She looked hot!

“Yoobin-ah, don’t be disrespectful to Hyung,” I said.

“Shut up JaeJoong before I call the nurse in here and tell them to sedate your intoxicated ,” she snapped.

“Can she do that?” I wondered out loud.

“I don’t know Hyung, but just in case listen to her,” Changmin answered.

“Listen to the maknae,” she exclaimed. “Isn’t it your job to protect this idiot? What were you doing instead of keeping an eye on him? Why wasn’t I informed about his phone number changing?”

I opened my mouth, but soon closed it when I saw Changmin signaling me with his finger placed on his mouth to shut up.

She was angry.

 It looks like even Hyung is scared of her.

“I didn’t inform Manager Oh about this because it isn’t as grave as everyone thinks…he only has a broken foot and a fractured rib. If he had had surgery then I would have informed you. As for the number change,” Hyung looked at me at the end.

She in turn caught the hint and looked at me. Before I could open my mouth, she had already closed the gap between us and had smacked me on the head.

“What the hell?” I shouted.

“You changed your number and told him to not tell me about it? What kind of company is this,” she mumbled.

“Hey you didn’t tell me when you changed your number…I had to find out the hard way so I just figured I’d give you a taste of your own damn medicine.”

“Are you serious? Manager Oh called your negligent manager and informed him that my number was changed due to the fact that your obsessed fans got a hold of my number and kept calling and leaving hate messages because I apparently stole their source of light,” she rebuked.

I looked at Hyung. “Is it true, Hyung?”

Yoobin rolled her eyes and muttered, “I should smack him for calling me a liar.”

“I didn’t want you to be distracted,” Hyung responded looking down at the floor.

Yoobin scoffed.

“So that explains why I don’t have his sorry ’s number, but how come none of you answered?” she asked now unleashing her anger on the rest of the guys.

“It is part of damage control,” Hyung answered on their behalf.

“Some ‘damage control’, everyone back home already knows what happened, how do you think I found out? I looked like a complete idiot when they asked me about the accident, and I had nothing to say.”

“Alright, whoever is shouting needs to calm down or get out,” a nurse barged in barking orders in Japanese with a guy behind her.

“Oppa, I thought you were going to hold her back,” Yoobin whined.

“Well you promised to use your inner voice,” he responded smiling.

She sighed walking towards him, “I’m going to go eat anybody want to join?”

Changmin quickly raised his hand along with Yoochun’s. Junsu looked between me and Yoobin, who had an expectant look on her face.

“Sorry Hyung, but my tummy needs some company,” he mumbled walking towards the door.

“I’ll meet you guys down there in a bit, I want to have a little chat with this one over here,” YunHo told them.

Hyung stood there kind of awkward.

“Manager Seo-nim, aren’t you coming?” Yoobin asked. She bowed, “I’m sorry for having been so rude earlier, but my anger got the best of me and I was scared that something had happened to the buffoon.”

So she was worried about me? I don’t know why, but warmth spread throughout my body making me feel all giddy.

“So you want to tell me why you went and got drunk or want me to guess?”

I looked up to see YunHo standing there with an all knowing smirk on his face.

“Because I think I have a pretty good idea of why you went and did such a stupid thing,” he continued.

“Did anybody else get hurt?”

“No, you’re lucky that you were the only driver on the road. Apparently you drove into the next lane and then just ended up hitting a tree,” YunHo answered.

“Oh,” was all I could muster up.

“So are you going to tell her how you feel?”

I quickly looked up, “What are you talking about?”

“Hyun Joong told me that you were jealous of Seung Hyun, so that’s why you went out drinking. Why don’t you just tell Yoobin how you feel about her? How you’ve felt about her since that stupid kiss under the mistletoe,” he replied smirking.

, he knew how I really felt about her.

“Um… excuse me, could I please have a word with Mr. Kim JaeJoong,” the man that Yoobin had called ‘Oppa’ earlier said entering my room.

YunHo nodded saying he was going to go join the rest.

I looked at him expectantly.

“Hello. My name is Nishikido Ryo,” he introduced himself with a bow.

I bowed my head out of courtesy.

Now that I think about it, I think I’ve heard this name before.

“I’m also Yoobin’s fiancée,” he stated, answering the question in my head.

So this was the guy I was suppose to give her up to in eight months…what the hell was he doing here?

“I wanted to apologize on behalf of Yoobin; she tends to get a little out of hand when it comes to things like this. You see, since her brother died, she becomes more emotional when someone close to her gets in an accident especially one of your kind,” he said.

“What do you mean my kind?”

“Drunk driving, her brother died because he was drunk driving, so can you see how this hits close to home?”

That explains a few things I suppose. That means that she must really be angry at me right now. Is she alright then?

“She’s fine now, she’s eating with the rest of your friends, and they are very good to her, which is good. Hopefully, now that you now this about her you’ll think twice about doing such a thing next time,” he declared.

I nodded.

“What are you doing here though?” I couldn’t help myself, the green monster was creeping up on me because he knew more about her than I did, and she was my wife.

He chuckled, “Well when Yoobin found out what happened, she quickly went to the airport and caught a flight, she called me to assist her in finding the hospital since she doesn’t really know Japan.”

So she was really worried about me.

“Oh sorry, I’ve got to get this,” he said picking up his phone.

So her brother died due to drunk driving…that means she was probably crazy worried about me thinking something like that had happened to me too. Thank goodness this mistake didn’t turn too ugly or else I would have hurt her and I don’t want her hurt.

Pain on my arm brought me back to reality. I glared at the person that had punched my arm to find Yoobin equally glaring at me.

“Yoobin-ah, are you ready to go?” the Ryo guy asked when the rest of the guys settled down, where was Hyung?

“Okay Oppa,” she smiled walking towards him.

My hand shot out grabbing onto her wrist pulling her towards me. Where did she think she was going? I hadn’t seen her for over three months and she thought she could just leave like that, and with another guy?!?

“JaeJoong, what are you doing?”

Everyone stared at me eagerly.

“I don’t think it’ll look right if the press catches you with another guy, it would be better if you went with the guys back to our apartment,” I blurted out the first thing that popped in my head.

Hey that was pretty good!

“But he isn’t a stranger, he’s Ryo Oppa. I always stay at his place when I come to Japan,” Yoobin answered.

I growled.

“Hyung is right Noona, why don’t you come and hang out with us,” Changmin said, then whispered, “We can think of ways to get back at Junsu Hyung for earlier.”

Yoobin smiled before nodding then frowned, “Yah why are you calling me ‘Noona’ when I’m younger than you?”

Changmin sheepishly smiled, placing his paw on her shoulder.

I unknowingly growled again.

Changmin swiftly removed his hand.

“Sorry Hyung,” he muttered, hiding behind Yoochun.

“Alright guys, are you ready to head out?” Hyung asked finally appearing.

The guys nodded and each gave me a pat on the shoulder telling me a ‘get well’ or a ‘see you tomorrow’.

“Yoobin-ah, do you need a ride to a hotel or will you be spending the night with us?” Hyung asked.

“What kinds of friends leave you alone in a time of need,” I grumbled as Yoobin, Hyung, and the Ryo guy walked out of the room discussing Yoobin’s sleeping arrangements.

She better be staying with the guys or I will walk out of this hospital tomorrow and drag her to it.

 

The light flashed a couple of times half an hour after everyone deserted me.

I opened my eyes to see Yoobin at the entrance holding a book in her hand, What to Expect When You Are Expecting.

WHAT THE HELL?

She’s pregnant?!? But we didn’t even have that night…and I know this because even though I was drunk I was still semi-conscious of my actions and other than some good tonsil hockey we did not do anything else…okay maybe a little …but no !

Laughter broke my train of thoughts.

“Oh God you should’ve seen your face, it was priceless…it could have been a MasterCard commercial,” she laughed holding on to the sides of her stomach.

I’m confused.

“Changmin Oppa is going to be so disappointed that he didn’t get to see his plan work,” she wheezed.

I glared at her.

This was a joke?

So the maknae gave her the idea, huh? Maknae’s fans might be a little heartbroken when they see his busted nose later on...that will teach him to mess with Kim JaeJoong.

“Did you forget something?”

“Huh? Oh no I’m spending the night here,” she stated sitting down on the couch.

YES!

“Why?”

“Oh please like you weren’t grumbling about how we are all bad people for leaving you in your ‘time of need’. You are such a baby Kim JaeJoong,” she said before lying down.

She looked really uncomfortable in the small couch, clearly meant for people to sit not sleep on.

“Yoobin-ah, come sleep with me,” I directed.

She opened her eyes to look at me with a quizzical look on her face.

“It’s obvious that you aren’t comfortable on the couch. We both fit on the bed and I got a blanket, and don’t forget how easily cold you get,” I explained.

She intently looked at me before getting up and walking to my left side. She stopped and looked down at the floor then back at me.

 “Don’t worry I won’t touch you inappropriately.”

Nodding she kicked her heels off and slowly climbed into bed with me.

I smirked. Now it was time for Kim JaeJoong to teach her a lesson about messing with a Rising God of the East.

“Unless you want me to,” I whispered huskily into her ear shifting closer to her.

She immediately opened her eyes.

I brushed my lips against her, teasingly.

Her eyes widened in alarm and scooted away, falling off the bed.

“Ouch,” she yelped on the floor.

Ha-ha that ought to teach you who to mess with Mrs. Kim Yoobin.

“You should have seen your face, it was priceless,” I announced, imitating what she had said earlier to piss her off.

She got up from the floor rubbing her in addition to sending me her practiced daggers.

“That was…” I raised my eyebrow waiting for the rest of her statement, “Good,” she mumbled admitting defeat.

“Please pass the wisdom you’ve learned today to the maknae because his turn is coming up,” I laughed.

Ouch laughing hurts my stomach.

“Are you okay?” Yoobin asked with a hint of concern.

Even if she says that she hates me I know she does care about me or else she wouldn’t be here spending the night with me.

“It hurts a little,” I grimaced.

She looked at my stomach. “That’s because of your rib, Dummy.” Smiling she added, “If you think about it this is the universe’s way of getting back at you for your stupid prank.”

I rolled my eyes.

 

Twenty minutes later and after much convincing that I wouldn’t do it again, Yoobin had crawled back in bed with me.

Hugging her waist, I pulled her closer to me.

Her close body sent electric waves through my body that seemed to have temporarily numbed any pain. Her body warmth all around me felt so good. Her scent filled my nose, making me want to hold her closer, but I knew she would freak and I didn’t want her pulling away from me. I wanted us to stay here forever.

Why don’t you just tell Yoobin how you feel about her? How you’ve felt about her since that stupid kiss under the mistletoe, I heard YunHo’s voice.

I looked at Yoobin, who had a serene smile on her beautiful face…how would she react if I told her that I’ve liked her since that stupid Christmas party almost two years ago?

“Yoobin-ah, do you remember our first kiss?” I whispered.

She shifted a little; facing me she shrugged her shoulders with a frown.

“You know the one under the mistletoe during the Christmas party?”

“Why are you asking such dumb questions?” she mumbled, shifting closer to me.

I smiled.

“I just wanted to know if you remembered the first time we kissed,” I answered honestly.

Opening her eyes she answered, “How can I forget it? That was my first kiss.”

What?

“See I told you that night that I was one special guy,” I teased.

“Oh that’s not the only reason I remember it. Park Bom, your date, slapped me while you were busy making out with Hwang Tiffany.”

Bom slapped her? Is this why she started to hate me?

“How do you know that Tiffany and I made out?”

“Well I needed a place to recompose myself and I just happened to run into the making out session of the…why are we even talking about this?”

I could tell she didn’t want to talk about it.

So this kiss that always seemed special to me is the reason why she begun to detest me.

“Jae, you’re frowning,” she said breaking my thoughts. She smoothed the creased lines on my forehead.

God she was so damn beautiful and she didn’t even know it.

“Can I kiss you?”

“What?” she gasped, “Are you still drunk?”

I closed the gap between us; stopping a centimeter away from her juicy lips, looking at her for permission…I wanted her to remember this kiss with a good memory.

She closed her eyes. That was all I needed.

I sealed her lips with mine. I tried to convey what that kiss meant to me. I pried open with my tongue and ventured into her delicious mouth.

 

“They are so cute,” a voice squealed.

I opened my eyes to find some blurry shapes. Rubbing my eyes, I discovered the rest of the guys standing there with megawatt smiles.

Why were they smiling so much?

“Don’t worry Hyung, I took a picture with your phone too,” Changmin declared showing me my phone.

The screen was a picture of Yoobin and me, hugging each other…a couple of minutes ago.

I looked down to see my sleeping wife looking more beautiful than ever. I smiled.

“Look who’s happy,” YunHo said smiling evilly.

I shot them a glare, “Get out.”

Last night was surreal. I happened to have woken up injured in a hospital, but I found out that my wife did care about me and she showed it to me when she flew in and spent the night with me in my arms…the kiss was just a bonus.

I kissed her forehead.

Yea last night was incredible.