I Do

What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas....?

I Do---------Chapter 6A--------------------POV Will Change 

JaeJoong’s POV

It is interesting how one minute seemed to change my whole life. Those sixty seconds that it took for me to decide to see Bom that night, just those sixty puny seconds have led to 691,200 seconds without her smile, 11,520 minutes full of regret and 192 hours of no sleep.

I never understood until today how one minute could make such a difference in a person’s life.

Today, eight days after my birthday is the first time I am seeing her again, and I was dreading it.

We were going to sign our divorce papers.

If only I could change the past I would, maybe not the minute that it took for me to agree to see Bom, but the minute it took me to doubt Yoobin.

Now that minute is something I will regret for the rest of my life if I am not able to convince Yoobin to give me a second chance.

Flashback

After entering our apartment and ignoring Yoobin after I threw my coat on the couch that she had been previously sleeping on, I walked upstairs thinking she would follow me to demand an answer.

I walked in to our room, to see a banner on top of the bed that said, ‘Happy Birthday Oppa’ and on the middle of the bed stood a big red box, with a nicely done yellow bow. I looked around to notice that birthday streamers were hanging around the doors and windows or on the ceiling, interwoven to make a big, complicated design in the middle of the room.

The first thought that came to mind was, this must have taken her all day. Then that led to, if she spent all day here then what Bom said last night was not true.

With panic I ran downstairs to ask Yoobin, only to find the living room empty and the front door open. Hurriedly, I ran out and saw that the elevator door had just closed and was heading to the lower floors.

I ran down the stairs to Big Bang’s apartment, it was the only thing that made sense.

I pounded their door only to be greeted by a sleepy Kang DaeSung.

“Where is she?”

“Where is who?” he yawned.

Snapping my fingers in front of his face, I asked, “Where is Yoobin?”

At this Kwon JiYong along with their Maknae came out to see what was going on.

“JaeJoong Hyung, what are you doing here?” SeungRi asked, staring at DaeSung who had closed the door behind me.

This was getting nowhere…these idiots didn’t know who I was talking about…she was probably with Young Bae or Seung Hyun.

Without another word I headed into the hallway that led to their bedrooms, I needed to find Yoobin and explain myself before she did something she might regret.

“Yah, where are you going?”

I was about to open a door, when Young Bae opened it, staring at me confused.

“What are-”

I barged into his room, frantically looking for Yoobin or anything that would tell me where she was before he could finish his sentence.

Not finding her I headed out to the next room, only to find a sleeping Choi Seung Hyun hugging what looked like a long, pink doll. From the way he was snoring it was obvious that she wasn’t with him, he was completely out.

“Where is she?” I shouted.

“Yah Kim JaeJoong, just because you’re older than us and part of Dong Bang Shin Ki doesn’t mean you can barge into our dorm and stampede in looking for Yoobin. Why would she be here when she’s married to you—the guy that doesn’t allow any of us to see her unless she is chaperoned—now that you saw she isn’t here, get the out of here before things turn nasty,” JiYong ordered.

“Hyung, he’s a Sunbae,” DaeSung whispered, not doing a good job.

“I don’t care who he is. This is our home and he needs to respect that. It’s about time someone told him to,” JiYong answered, glaring at me.

I stalked out of there realizing that maybe she had gone off to the girls’ apartment. When I arrived there not only did I find out that she wasn’t there, but I also found out why she ran away…there on the TV was a picture of Bom and I kissing.

After being punched by Sun Mi for the kiss, I headed back to our apartment complex hoping that maybe one of the guys knew where she was…a hint, anything.

End of Flashback

 

I walked into the conference room, my eyes traveling everywhere looking for my wife, and when they landed on her, I almost wished they hadn’t.

There, next to her, holding her hand, was Nishikido Ryo, the guy she was engaged to before our marriage.

“Oh Mr. Kim, you’ve finally arrived, why don’t we start then,” Mr. Cho, the man that would separate us, said.

Without sparing me a glance, Yoobin sat down, and the Ryo guy left the room, but on his behalf Mr. Kim entered.

I quickly paid my respects, but the whole time it looked like he wanted to kill me and I couldn’t blame him the moment I saw her face.

Yoobin looked horrible.

She was pale, skinnier, and had bags under her eyes…it looks like I wasn’t the only one not able to sleep this past week. But what hit home, were her once bright and smiling eyes that were now filled with sadness and anger as they settled over me.

Yes, one minute really has a great power.

“Alright, so we all know why we are gathered here today, so why don’t we cut to the chase and start signing-”

“Excuse me Mr. Cho is there any way that my wife and I could talk before that?” I interrupted the man before he handed out the paperwork.

“Absolutely not,” Mr. Kim shouted.

“Mr. Kim I understand that you are upset with me, but I love your daughter and I would do nothing to hurt he-”

“Nothing you say? Then does cheating on her, making a fool out of her in front of the whole world not count as hurting her?”

As I was about to retort something, Yoobin raised her hand, quieting both her father and I.

“Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me thrice, well there isn’t going to be a third time,” she stated looking at the table, the place she had been looking at since her father sat next to her.

“Yoobin what are you saying? Let me handle this,” Mr. Kim said.

“Appa, I am the one getting divorced not you…so please let me handle this. I’ve already agreed, I am not going to change my mind, so please if you don’t mind, stay out of this,” she said, finally looking up.

“Yoobin-ah…”

“I don’t care what you have to say JaeJoong. As I was saying before my father interrupted me, you’ve fooled me twice too many and I’ve had it to here…the first time it took but an hour for me to figure it out and this time it took weeks…you say one thing and do another…”

What was she talking about?

“I’ve had it, so Mr. Cho hand over the papers that I must sign and inform me of any important dates,” she finished.

When had I fooled her?

“Yoobin-ah, I love you, you know that…please let’s talk about this…Babe.”

She looked up at me and I shut up.

The pain clearly visible in her eyes constricted my heart.

Defeated, I nodded.

 

“Jae, you should really stop drinking,” Yoochun advised.

I downed another shot.

“Yah Dude, take it easy, it isn’t the end of the world,” Hyun Joong stated.

“Shut up Hyun Joong! Have you ever been in love?” I shouted.

Hyun Joong and Yoochun both looked at me with mixed expressions.

“Of course you haven’t! So don’t tell me that it isn’t the end of the world, because a world without my Yoobin isn’t a world!”

“You say that now, how do we know you aren’t going to change your mind tomorrow morning and go looking for Park Bom,” someone stated behind us.

I turned around to find Changmin, glaring at me with YunHo and Junsu next to him.

“Yah Maknae I’m your Hyung, show some respect!”

“Why should I?”

It was probably the alcohol, because next thing I knew I launched myself and punched him square on the jaw only to be punched back probably twice as hard the second after.

I staggered towards him and tried to punch him, but he swiftly moved and punched me again.

The impact from his fist sent me to the floor.

“Changmin,” YunHo reprimanded once he saw me spit some blood onto the floor.

Ignoring YunHo, Changmin stated, “You deserve a lot more than a punch for hurting her. If it wasn’t for her begging me to not touch you, I would have hurt you already…you told her you loved her and then stabbed her in the back-”

“I do love her! I didn’t stab her in the back, she won’t let me explain…shouldn’t she trust me?”

He laughed, a malicious laugh, before saying, “Trust? Did you trust her? Bom shows you a picture of Yoobin and Seung Hyun together and you automatically kiss another girl…did you know that she fought with her father because of you.”

“What?”

I could see his jaw tense as he gritted his teeth to control himself. “Mr. Kim has been pushing her to file a divorce for months…”

So Mr. Kim was the one that filed them, not Yoobin?

“So she argued with her father. They made a deal…if you by any chance didn’t live up to his standards until your fake marriage was over than you were to get divorced…she trusted you…she trusted you so much she promised that if you messed up she’d leave Wonder Girls and marry Ryo…that is trust.”

I stared at him in shock…how come I never knew about this?

“Jae, are you alright?”

I ignored the question as I stared at the space where Changmin used to be…she did that? Why didn’t she tell me? How long has this been going on for?

“Hyung are you alright?”

I quickly stood up, ignoring Yoochun, and almost sprinted to Changmin’s room only to find it empty.

“Changmin went out with YunHo Hyung to calm down,” Junsu explained.

I numbly nodded, heading out the door to an empty apartment and lonely bed.

 

Yoobin’s POV

I stared at the pearl-white dress in front of me and couldn’t help the numbness that enveloped me.

“Unnie this dress will look fabulous on you,” SoHee said with excitement as she softly touched the material of the dress.

“Unnie are you okay?” SunYe, the mother hen asked.

Smiling I nodded.

“Why don’t you go put the dress on Unnie?” Ye Eun asked pulling me away from the other members and shoving me into the dressing room. “Yoobin-ah, you can cry if you want.”

Shocked I looked up at her confused.

“Unnie you don’t honestly think we are buying the whole ‘I’m okay’ do you?”

Why bother trying anymore…

“Well until a moment ago, yes I did think you guys were buying it.”

She smiled, one of her sunshine smiles that showed her two dimples. “Unnie just because you pretend that everything is okay doesn’t mean that it is…it’s been a year and two months since you and J-”

“Ye Eun,” I cut her off before she mentioned his name.

Sighing she said, “All I’m saying is we’ve been gone from Korea for more than a year, I’m sure people have forgotten about that, okay? However, if you want to cry just do so, it hurts us to see you holding it in all by yourself, we’re your members—correction your sisters…you should be able to trust us, right?”

I nodded as tears started to slowly fall down.

I hated crying, but being back in Korea made everything much more realistic and harder…when we were in America I could pretend that nothing happened, that he never happened, but being back here in Korea…it felt like I was in his turf.

“Group hug,” was the last thing I heard before the dressing room was filled with all my band mates hugging me, trying to comfort me.

It had been a year since our divorce went through, but a year and two months since I had seen or talked to him. I should be over it, I should, but then how come I wasn’t.

 

I stirred my iced coffee while I waited with Oppa for Changmin. It had been almost 6 months since I had hung out with Young Bae Oppa and Changmin, and I seriously missed them, after all they were my best friends.

“Yoobin-ah, stop it, you’re making me anxious,” Oppa said while he placed his hand on mine to stop it from stirring.

I looked up with an apologetic smile. “I just haven’t seen you two in so long.”

He smiled, “I know but you don’t have to worry, I’m sure Changmin still cares for you as his sister just like I do. Yoobin-ah, anything you do or say isn’t enough to ruin our friendship, okay?”

I nodded, feeling a lot better.

I had been worried about how to tell Changmin the news, but thanks to Oppa I was more confident about it.

Oppa’s phone vibrated on the table and he reached for it, giving me an apologetic smile.

I shook my head, telling him it was okay to pick up the phone.

“Hey, where are-” he stopped and looked at me.

I smiled and started to drink for my iced coffee to give him some privacy.

“Yoobin-ah, I’m sorry but something came up and I have to go. Will you let Changmin know that I’m sorry?”

“Of course…bye Oppa,” I said before giving him a hug.

I watched as Oppa fixed his dreads and then ran out to his car, quickly closing the door and probably taking off the wig of dreads off.

Fifteen minutes later, coffee long gone along with a chocolate chip cookie, and Changmin was still nowhere around.

Just as I was about to call him, a call came through.

“Hello?”

“Noona, thank Buddha you finally answered. I’ve been calling you for the past 10 minutes,” Changmin replied quite rapidly.

“Oppa you need to slow down, I can understand half of what you are saying.”

“Yoobin get out! Go back home! JaeJoong Hyung found out where I was going and he is on his way! I didn’t mean to talk but he threatened me, Noona! So leave before he gets there!”

Shocked I stumbled up, hitting the table and causing it to move. Everyone stared at me while I apologized.

I quickly ran out and hailed a taxi, leaving the café as Changmin continued to apologize to me.

It had been a year and almost three months since I had last seen him, and while people around me thought that I should be fine seeing him, I still could not.

 

“Yes Oppa, I’m seeing Changmin Oppa and the rest of the Dong Bang Oppas so I can give it to them,” I declared on the phone to Ryo Oppa.

“Yoobin-ah, I know you don’t want him there, but this is an important day for you so he needs to be there, ok? Besides I’m counting on your Changmin to be part of it too just like you asked,” Ryo Oppa stated from Japan.

Sighing I agreed. “Don’t worry he’ll be there, they all will. Anyways, I have to go; I’m supposed to be meeting them in half an hour. Bye and take care!”

Hanging up I walked out to my car and drove to the apartment complex that I didn’t think I’d ever go to.

Knock-Knock

“Yoobin-ah,” Junsu shouted the moment he opened the door, trapping me in a hug. “Guys she’s here!”

I heard different male voices and before I knew it I was being passed around from member to member so they could welcome me.

“Noona,” Changmin exclaimed hugging me tighter!

“Yah Oppa I told you to stop calling me that! I’m not your ‘Noona’!”

“Well you’ll always be my Noona until you and Hyung talk and make it final!”

“Changmin-ah, we’re divorced…we are over,” I stated stuttering half way.

“Yea well a piece of paper doesn’t end the feelings between two people,” he cheekily answered before hugging me again before I smacked him.

 

JaeJoong’s POV

Slamming the door open I ran into the living room shouting, “I’m here, I’m here, what happened?”

All I could hear was my heart thumping in my ears from running up the stairs as I noticed YunHo, Junsu, and Yoochun huddled around something.

YunHo was the first to turn around and widened his eyes at my appearance. “Hyung what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be on your way back home?”

Bending over to catch my breath I shook my head. “I…got…the…em…emergency text…message…so I…came back.”

“Emergency text message…?”

“Remember what I said Noona, it’s not over until you’ve talked it out to Hyung,” I heard Changmin say.

I looked up after catching my breath, “So what’s the emergen-” The question got stuck on my throat the moment I noticed her in between them.

Kim Yoobin, my ex-wife.

“Hello…” Yoobin politely greeted.

I stared at her…I couldn’t speak; she was finally in front of me after so long.

She looked beautiful.

Her hair was a tad longer than before and it had been dyed to a dark red. She had these edgy bangs and from the looks of it; it looked like she lost the cute baby fat on her cheeks.

She went from cute to beautifully gorgeous in a year…and I missed it…

“Hyung, Noona is here to give us something,” Changmin declared looking at me in the eyes, telling me that this was my chance to talk to her and I should take advantage of it.

I shakily nodded.

“Yoobin-ah…”

She gave me a forced smile before asking, “How have you been JaeJoong-sshi?”

Her politeness hurt me.

“Can we talk?”

“Um I was here to…I don’t think…um sure,” she mumbled, finally agreeing while looking at her hands.

I heard Yoochun clear his throat signaling the rest of the guys to give us privacy.

“Noona, I’ll be in my room, if you need me just call for me, okay? Oh and Noona, don’t worry I already know about you-know-what and I will be there, you are after all one of my closest friends,” the maknae smiled giving her a pat on the head before disappearing with the rest of my members.

We both stood there awkwardly, avoiding each other’s eyes.

“So how have you been JaeJoong-shi?”

“Will you stop that,” I voiced, sounding harsher than I meant to, softening my voice I explained, “I hate that you are speaking so politely to me even though we’re married.”

“Divorced,” she corrected.

Nodding, “Right divorced…but-”

“But nothing,” she interrupted.

I sighed. This is definitely going to be really hard.

 

Yoobin’s POV

“But nothing,” I said vehemently.

I saw him sigh from the corner of my eye, and I couldn’t help but take his appearance.

JaeJoong had lost weight and his eyes had bags under them, was he not sleeping well?

“Okay you’re right, I’m sorry,” he finally declared breaking the consuming silence.

“Stop apologizing and tell her how you feel Hyung!” A shout from one of the rooms came.

“Shut up Changmin!”

“Yah you shouldn’t yell at him,” I reprimanded.

“Even divorced you’re still defending the little runt?” He puffed.

I rolled my eyes, “He’s my Oppa of course I would.”

“Always need to get protected by women,” he mumbled.

“Well it is better than him running to different women,” I snapped without intending too.

His eyes widened at my rude remark, but he swallowed his retort in attempt to keep the peace.

“I’m getting married!”

Silence engulfed us once again.

“What?”

“I’m getting married…?” I repeated but this time it sound like a question at the end.

“Nothing happened between Bom and me,” he exclaimed.

I blinked…okay that was not what I was expecting.

“I just thought you should know…” he continued.

“Oh…ok…it doesn’t change anything though…”

“Why not…?”

“Because I’m getting married this weekend to Ryo Oppa and Bom is pregnant with your child,” I snapped.

His head snapped up and he took a step towards me as he announced, “Her baby isn’t mine. I thought you knew that it was Seung Hyun’s!”

I shook my head, “No it isn’t. Seung Hyun Oppa has already been DNA tested and knows that the baby isn’t his…besides Bom told me it was yours, why would she lie, JaeJoong?”

He shook his head furiously, “She’s lying! Yoobin-ah, she lied to you just like she lied to me to separate us.”

“Why would she need to lie, I saw the picture of you two, you separated us not her!”

 “I didn’t lay one finger on her. That morning she caught me by surprise and kissed me, I didn’t even know there were paparazzi there.”

It didn’t matter, why was he telling me this now…it didn’t change anything…it couldn’t change anything.

“JaeJoong-sh-”

“Stop it,” he snapped, hurt visible in his tone.

I bit back my tears and calmly responded, “JaeJoong-ah, it doesn’t matter anymore. I’m finally over it all and I’m getting married, so let us please forget everything and be friends, huh?”

“Is this what you really want?”

It’s what I can afford.

“I do…”

“Fine…”

Reaching into my purse I pulled out the lavender envelope and gave it to him, “Ryo Oppa and I hope you’ll come. It would mean a lot to us.”

“Aren’t you expecting too much from me?”

If only you knew…

“I’m sorry…I will understand if you don’t come but I hope that you do since Changmin Oppa will be a groomsmen.” Turning around before my tears would spill I yelled, “You guys can come out now!”

Quickly, as if they had just been waiting to be called, they rushed out of the hallway and came into light in the living room where JaeJoong and I stood.

Putting up my best smile I said, “I have to go now…the girls are waiting for me so that we can go do last minute fittings. Oppa are you coming with me?”

Changmin stared at me with sadness and defeat in his eyes. I knew he wanted JaeJoong and me to get back together, but it wasn’t that easy.

Obviously JaeJoong and I weren’t meant to be or else we wouldn’t have been tricked so easily.

Changmin nodded, “Let me go get my wallet.”

“So will you guys be able to come to my wedding this weekend?” I asked hoping my voice wasn’t too shaky.

Yoochun and Junsu smiled softly and gently nodded. I looked at YunHo to notice that he was looking at JaeJoong and I could understand. JaeJoong and he were best friends just like Yoochun and Junsu were and just like Changmin and I were.  

YunHo must have sensed my eyes on him because he turned to look at me and with a big smile on his handsome face he said, “Wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

I genuinely smiled for the first time since JaeJoong entered the apartment.

“Okay I’m ready,” Changmin announced as he approached me.

“Where did you go that morning…? I looked everywhere for you but I couldn’t find you…” JaeJoong’s voice reached my ears as Changmin and I were putting on our shoes by the door.

To the safest place you’d never think of going.

“I came up here of course,” I revealed with a bittersweet smile.

In shock JaeJoong could only nod comprehending that he never searched for me here, closest to our home and friends. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone!!!

Sorry for such a long wait!!!!

Okay so this is the last chapter, but because of how long it is I have split it into 2 chapters, so this is PART A and I am going to post up PART B this weekend!!!

ALSO I wanted to know if you guys wanted and epilogue?

Just let me know okay!!!

Comments are appreciated!

 -Ezzy658