Chapter 7

She is back [Hiatus]

Donghae looked at Jessica once again and she just looked away. He couldn't believe she would think he was the one trying to hurt her. Yes, he did wrong by threating her before but it was just because he was mad at her, not because he truly meant to hurt her. 

They spent the rest of the period in the infirmary, keeping Hyukjae company. He was still not feeling better, but at least he was alive. They believed the water wasn't meant to kill her, just to make her sick so they were kind of relieved nothing worse had happened.

"Now that I think about it..." Yoona suddenly broke the silence in the room and everyone turned to look at her "This person is not trying to kill you, he or she is just trying to scare you..."

"Well that person is doing a damn great job" Jessica said bitterly. Everyone remained silence. Now that they thought about it, Yoona was right. The person wasn't trying to kill Jessica, he or she was just trying to scare her so that she would leave. But why would they want her to leave?

Some hours passed and they have skipped almost all their classes in that day, because no one felt like attending classes after everything that happened. Everyone was quiet and Jessica wasn't feeling very well. 

"Guys I think I'll just head home first" she suddenly said standing up. She then turned to Hyukjae "I'm sorry that this happened to you"

Hyukjae looked at him and smiled.

"It's not your fault" he said and gave a reassuring smile "If it's anyone's fault, it's mine for drinking something that wasn't mine"

He tried to say it as a joke, but failed because no one laughed. It was something to laugh about. 

"You are in serious condition Lee Hyukjae, you shouldn't joke about it" Tiffany scolded him with a worried voice

"I agree" Jessica just said.

Silence engulfed the room once again, before Jessica suddenly spoke again.

"I'll just leave now, bye guys" she turned to them and waved to them before heading to the door.

"Hey Sica, do you want us to go with you?" Yoona asked with a concerned voice and Tiffany nodded in agreement.

"No, just stay here. I'll be fine" she said giving them a reassuring smile, before walking out of the infirmary. 

Donghae watched her as she left and for a while stayed there, just staring. After a while, he started walking towards the door.

"Excuse me" he said before walking out, leaving everyone surprised. They looked at him as he followed her outside, but didn't say anything. 

When he was already outside, he walked faster and started to look for Jessica. He guessed she was probably already heading outside, so he ran to the entrance. When he finally spotted her there, he walked faster. 

Jessica was inmersed in her thoughts, so she wasn't paying attention to her surroundings. Donghae suddenly walked closer and suddenly grabbed her arm, startling her. She turned around shocked before giving him a death glare.

"What?" she asked coldly 

"We need to talk" he said with an stern look. He remained silent for a while and then let go of her arm.

"We have nothing to talk about, Donghae" she just said, piercing him with her cold eyes. Donghae looked at her and he seemed really serious.

"Yes, we have a lot to talk about" he said 

"I didn't do anything of this, if that's what you think" he continued with a serious expression and she looked at him coldly, before sighing.

"I get it, Donghae" she said looking at him sternly "You hate me enough to do it, but you didn't because you are not like that" 

After saying that, she turned around and walked out of the building. Donghae stayed there, frozen in his spot. He didn't know if that should make him feel better. She really thought he hated her that much... but, did he?

......................................

Jessica walked home, feeling worse that she had ever felt in her whole life. Whoever was trying to scare her, was doing a great job. She had been on the verge of giving up and just leaving... but she had to be strong. She couldn't let anyone ruin her life like that.

When she finally arrived to her house, she opened the door and noticed that all the lights were off.

"I'm home" she said, even thought she guessed there was probably no one inside since all the lights were off.

Her parents were still at work and she guessed Yunho probably went out with Jaejoong, so she was home alone. She threw herself in the couch and sighed.

"Why would someone do that to me?" she wondered and sighed once again. 

She then stood up from the couch and headed to her room. She would just take a shower and rest a bit. She needed to relax and stop thinking about this person who was trying to hurt her. 

As she walked up the stairs, she noticed that the door of Yunho's room was slightly open. She frowned since it was weird. Everytime he went out, he would close the door of his room and lock it. Could he be home? 

"Oppa, are you there?" she asked as she walked closer and pushed the door open. Everything was dark, so she couldn't see anything. She touched the wall as she tried to reach for the lights and the turned them on.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" she screamed suddenly at the top of her lungs as she inmediately stormed out of her brother's room. Her hands were shaking and tears were slowly running down her cheeks. She couldn't believe her eyes. 

She leaned against the wall as she covered with her hand, trying to calm herself down but she couldn't. She was still shaking and tears wouldn't stop falling. She took out her phone from her pocket, still with shaky hands and pressed the number 1. Whoever the person that was on speed dial was, answered in no time.

"Hello?" the person on the other line, who was Tiffany, answered.

Jessica stood there speechless. She was shaking in fear and shocked. She didn't know what to say and words wouldn't come out.

"Jessie are you there?" Tiffany asked kind of worried. Jessica didn't reply and just sobbed since words wouldn't come out.

"Are you ok?" she said completely worried now. She heard her sobbing and inmediately hung up.

Tiffany inmediately grabbed her stuff and was about to head out, when someone called her name and asked her something.

"Was that Jessica?!" someone asked with a worried voice. Tiffany turned around and saw Donghae looking at her sternly. She just nodded.

"I don't know what happened but she was crying and wasn't speaking" she said really concerned. Donghae's eyes widened suddenly. What could have happened to her? He didn't ask any more questions and stormed out and ran to his car. He was hoping nothing bad had happened to her. 

He didn't know why he was so damn worried about her. He didn't want to be, but he was. He couldn't help it. Just the thought of seeing her getting hurt, was something he couldn't stand. After everything that happened, he still cared. He cared for her, even if he didn't want to admit it.

"Please be ok..." he said as she drove faster, wondering what had happened...

..............................................................

Updated finally :D I'm sorry it took so long, i was busy with exams and everything :( Anyway, this chapter was shorter than expected but that's because next chapter will be more interesting and longer (i hope so xD) 

Any idea of what could have happened?