Chapter 4

She is back [Hiatus]

 

Chapter  4:

It was really early in the morning and Yunho woke up trying not to make noise so that he wouldn’t wake her sister and her parents. He had to pick his friend that was coming from the states that day.

He opened Sica’s door and saw her peacefully sleeping and he smiled.

“You’ll be really happy to see him and I hope he can cheer you up” he said and then closed the door quietly

……………….

Some hours later, Jessica was still in dreamland as it was Saturday and she didn’t have to go to school. She was sleeping peacefully when her mobile phone suddenly started ringing.

“Urgh” she groaned still half asleep. She tried to reach for it with her eyes still closed and answered.

“Yeoboseyo?” she asked in a sleepy tone

“Did I wake you up?” a familiar voice asked her in English. She knew from her voice that it was Tiffany who was calling. She wanted to smash the phone in that moment.

“What do you think?” she asked sarcastically and Tiffany giggled

“Keke, sorry about that” she apologized

“Why are you calling so early in the morning?” Jessica asked quiet annoyed.

“Early? It’s already 11, you lazy girl!” Tiffany yelled and Jessica put the phone away from her ear

“YAH! You don’t need to shout!” she said

“Anyway I was calling to see if you wanted to go shopping with me and Yoona” Tiffany said and Jessica’s eyes immediately opened widely. Something that she loved more than sleeping was shopping and Tiffany knew that very well.

“Count me in” Sica said excited and her best friend giggled

“Ok, we’ll be in your house in half an hour” Tiffany said excited before hanging up. Jessica stretched and got up from her bed to the bathroom.

Half an hour later, the doorbell of the Jung residence rang. Jessica was already ready so she just ran downstairs and went to open the door.

“Annyeong girls!” she greeted them with a wide smile on her face.

“You are really cheerful today, Sica” Yoona teased and Tiffany laughed

“It’s just that I love shopping” Jessica said and dragged the two girls outside. They walked to the mall since it was very close to Jessica’s house.

…………………………………………..

Siwon and Eunhyuk didn’t understand how they have been dragged there. They hated going to the mall but somehow, Donghae had managed to bring them there. He said he needed to buy some new strings for his guitar and he didn’t want to go alone, as he hated the mall as well.

Many of his so called “girlfriends” had made him go but as soon as he got bored, they would leave and go somewhere else.

“I hate you for doing this to me!” Eunhyuk complained “I could be watching the football match right now!"

“I agree with this monkey” Siwon said, half annoyed and half bored

“Stop whining like little babies and just walk!” he said angrily “I swear I won’t take too long”

As they were walking, many girls turned their attention to them. Of course they would, they were really handsome. Girls giggled when they saw Donghae and he would just show his killer smile to them.

He was distracted as he walking so he didn’t notice a girl walking the opposite direction. She was carrying a lot of bags and she seemed distracted as well. They didn’t realize they were in front of each other until they bumped into each other.

They both fell in the floor and she dropped her bags.

“Are you blind?! Can’t you see where you are walking?!” Donghae yelled angrily as he tried to stand up again.  He was concentrated in wiping his clothes so he hadn’t seen the girl’s face yet.

“Sica! Are you ok?” other girls said and Donghae’s eyes widened when he heard the name.

“FYI, you were the one who bumped into me, stupid!” Jessica yelled. When she saw it was Donghae, she felt even angrier. They stared at each other coldly and time seemed to stop until their friend ran towards them and broke the atmosphere.

“Yoong, you are here too” Siwon said happily when he saw Yoona, as soon as he arrived. He smiled to her and she blushed.

“It’s a surprise to see you guys here” she said trying to hide her blushed face. Tiffany giggled when she saw her.

“What are you guys doing here, anyway?” Tiffany asked and then turned her attention to Hyukjae “You like shopping Hyukjae sshi?”

Siwon laughed hardly when she asked that. Eunhyuk frowned.

“YAH! Don’t think you are too funny” he said embarrassed and she just laughed.

“Do you guys know each other?” Donghae asked annoyed and surprised.

“Yeah we met each other a few days ago” Eunhyuk replied. He seemed more cheerful now.

“That’s good” Jessica said. She was happy for her friends but she didn’t like the idea of having to see Donghae around so often if Yoona and Tiffany became friends with them.

Donghae couldn’t hide his annoyed expression when he heard that. He had nothing against Yoona or Tiffany, he just didn’t like the idea that his two best friends were friends with Jessica’s best friends. He wanted to be as far away as possible from her.

Donghae stared at them coldly and of course he couldn’t hide the fact that he was annoyed. Jessica looked uncomfortable too. Siwon, Eunhyuk and Yoona didn’t know anything that had happened between them, so they couldn’t understand why they acted that way towards each other.

Siwon noticed the awkward atmosphere that had been built between them, so he decided to do something about it.

“Hey, do you want to go grab some ice cream?” Siwon suddenly asked with smile on his face

“Sounds like a good idea” Yoona said smiling back

“I’m in” Eunhyuk said cheerfully “Only if you invite, Siwon”

“You buy your own ice cream” Siwon said frowning “I’ll only buy it for the girls”

“YAH! You don’t have to!” Eunhyuk said immediately “I can buy Tiffany’s ice cream… if she wants”

He looked at her shyly and she smiled. Siwon wanted to laugh as he had never seen Eunhyuk being so shy, but he held back his laughter.

“Well I can’t say no to ice cream” she said showing her eye smile and he smiled

“So are you guys coming?” Siwon asked Jessica and Donghae

“I think I’ll pass” Jessica said as she didn’t want to be in the same place as Donghae. It would be extremely awkward “But thank you anyway, Siwon sshi”

“Same here” Donghae said coldly, rejecting the offer as well

“Well let’s go then” Eunhyuk said and the four of them walked ahead, leaving Jessica and Donghae there. When they were alone again, the atmosphere became awkward again. 

Jessica turned around and was about to walk away, when Donghae suddenly spoke.

“Why are you always in the same place as me?” he asked quiet annoyed “Are you stalking me?”

She frowned and stared coldly at him.

“Why would I even do that?” she asked staring at him angrily “Not everything is about you, you know? I made it clear that I don’t want you close”

“Well it didn’t seem like that when you first arrived” he said, reminding her of how happy and excited she had been to see him the first day she saw him again. However, that had changed as soon as he started treating her like a stranger or even worse, as an enemy.

“I may have wanted to patch things up with you when I returned but everything changed, Donghae” she said seriously “I don’t want to see you, why can you just leave things as they are?”

“Are you really expecting me to do that?” he asked mockingly “I’ll have my revenge”

“Are you really this kind of guy?” she asked disappointed at him. The Donghae she knew, wouldn’t do things like that.

“I’ve told you before, I’m not the old Donghae anymore” he said looking at her sternly

“Well, he was the guy I loved and missed” she said and walked away. Her words made him feel a sudden pain in his heart. The guy she loved... did it mean she didn't love him anymore? He should have expected that anyway.

……………………….

Jessica walked away, trying to hold back her tears. She would be lying if she said that it didn’t affect her because it did. She had mixed feelings. A part of her wanted to move on and forget about the guy she know seemed to hate and another part of her still missed him, the old him.

As she continued walking, her phone suddenly rang.

“Hello?” she answered, trying to sound normal

“Baby sis?” Yunho said on the other line “Come home ASAP dongsaeng, I have a surprise for you”

“Surprise?” she said excited “What is it?”

“Can’t tell you, just come home” he said sounding really excited and then hung up. Jessica was still curious about her surprise but that somehow cheered her up. She really loved her brother because he was so caring.

She decided to go home, so she called her friends to tell them that she was going first. She didn’t want to interrupt their “date”, so she just returned alone.

As she went out of the mall, she didn’t notice that someone was following her with his car. He didn’t know why he was doing it but he felt like it.

Jessica walked home with anxiety, wondering what the surprise her brother was talking about was. She imagined a lot of different things but neither of them was close to the reality.

When she arrived home, she saw Yunho’s car parked outside. She figured that he may have gone out that day and that he was just back. When she was about to open the door of her house, someone opened it from inside.

“Princess” someone said and her eyes widened when she saw the tall and handsome man in front of her. She didn’t know how to react upon seeing him. He suddenly pouted as he noticed she was just standing there frozen in her spot.

“Aren’t you going to greet your best friend properly?” he asked her teasingly. Jessica suddenly walked towards him slowly. He expected her to hug him but instead, she hit his arm hardly. He winced in pain and pouted again.

“Ouch” he complained rubbing his arm.

“YAH! Kim Jaejoong! You didn’t call me or wrote to me since I left America and you expect me to greet you like a best friend?!” she scolded him but he just smiled. He had missed violent Sica.

“I was busy with my studies, princess” he said looking really sorry “But there hadn’t been a day that I haven’t missed you”

Jessica’s serious expression suddenly turned into a sweet smile and she ran to hug him. He hugged her back, really tightly. They had been best friends for a long time and of course, they cared for each other very much.

“I missed you too, pabo” she said

Donghae that was inside his car, looked at them hugging and he felt a sudden pain in his heart. The way her serious face turned into a smile made him frown. He knew that expression. Not everyone was lucky enough to see the ice princess’ genuine smile.

Flashback

“I know you really care for me” Donghae said with playful smile on his face. Jessica looked at him clueless.

“How can you be so sure of that?” she asked with curiosity and he smiled

“Because when you truly care for someone, your cold face fades away and it is replaced with a wide and foolish smile. You can be as cold as ice sometimes but only the people who are truly close to you are lucky enough to see your genuine smile”

After he said that, Jessica looked away blushed and he smiled again. Donghae had always been good in seeing through her and he normally would be right. She felt like she couldn’t hide anything from him but somehow she liked that. She liked that he knew her very well, even though she didn’t know if it was something good or bad.

 Jessica couldn’t help but smile and she tried to hide it but that wasn’t unnoticed by Donghae, who smirked satisfied.

“You cannot fool me pretty Sica, I know you are you are smiling right now” he said smiling. This time he wasn’t trying to , he was just so happy that she actually cared for him.

End of flashback

He looked away, trying to ignore the feeling. What was it that he was feeling? Was it jealousy? He shook his head, trying to shove the feelings away but he couldn’t. It had been a long time since he felt like that and it had always been because of her. To think that he may be someone important in her life, made him feel insecure somehow.

“You can’t possibly be jealous” he whispered shaking his head once again. He glared at them with hatred and just drove away. He knew he hated her and that he wanted revenge, at least he knew he had to hate her but so many years of love wouldn’t fade away that easily.

................................................................................

Updated finally! :D

First of all I want to say that I'm really sorry for not updating this as fast as i wished :( I know it took me ages but I hope you understand. I have a lot of exams and homework that are killing mi inspiration :(

And I also want to say sorry if this chapters are a little bit boring, we will get to the real drama soon :D

Thanks for supporting this fic