Chapter 1

She is back [Hiatus]

 

Chapter 1:

Earlier that day, Donghae was driving his car to school. He wore his sunglasses and put the volume of the radio really loud so that he wouldn’t hear anyone outside. He actually didn’t care about anything.

When arrived to school, he got out of his car and walked coolly inside the building. He could notice how everyone was staring at him and he smiled. Not because he was nice but because he liked being popular. He knew that he could melt any girl in that school with his cute smile and his image of being a bad boy.

“Donghae” his friends, or more specifically his only friends Siwon and Eunhyuk, greeted him. He was really cold and mean towards everyone and he had pushed away all his friends. The only ones who stuck around him despite his awful personality were those two.

“Hi” he said coldly “Today I’m having lunch with Hara, wanna come?”

Siwon and Eunhyuk exchanged serious looks and then sighed. They had to be there to make sure Hae wouldn’t be too harsh with Hara.

“Ok” they both said. As much as they had tried to change him, they couldn’t. There was something about Donghae that they couldn’t understand. Something about his past… something that he was not willing to tell anyone.

He had just closed his heart to everyone and it was really difficult to let someone in again.

“Oppa!” when he heard that annoying voice, he already knew who it was. He sighed and turned around faking a smile. Hara ran towards him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Donghae glared at her and removed her arms from his neck.

“Yah! You know I hate it when people get clingy” he said glaring at her coldly. She looked away as his gaze was quiet scary.

“Sorry about that” she said

“Anyway, wanna have lunch with me after school?” he asked and she smiled brightly

“SURE!” she said jumping excited “I’d love to”

After that, Hara left happily and both Siwon and Eunhyuk stared at her direction. They knew that everytime Donghae was too nice with someone, was because he was going to break their hearts. No one could stop him from being a bad boy and womanizer.

…………………..

Later that day, Donghae was eating lunch with Hara, her 10th girlfriend that week, and he was acting as if he cared.  Siwon and Eunhyuk were just sitting next to him and watching him but didn’t say anything. They were accustomed to this Donghae.

“Donghae oppa” a female voice suddenly said really excited. When he heard someone calling his name, he turned around surprised.  In that instant, time froze. She stood there smiling to him like she always did before. Her voice hadn’t changed either. Still that same annoying and extremely cute voice that made him go crazy.

She ran to him with a wide smile on her face and threw herself into his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck. She wrapped his legs around his waist so she wouldn’t fall and hugged him tightly. Donghae still couldn’t move because he was too shocked. He just put his arm on her back to prevent her from falling.

Siwon and Eunhyuk’s mouth dropped open. Donghae never allowed anyone to hug him against his will and now he was even hugging her back. She jumped down and smiled at him.

“Sooyeon…” he mumbled still surprised

“I missed you bada” she whispered and hugged him again. He was too shocked to react.

She came back to turn his world upside down.

“YAH! Who is this clingy b*tch?!” Hara asked mad

She immediately stood up and was about to slap her when he grabbed her wrist and glared at her coldly.

“Do not dare to lay a single finger on her. This is between her and me” he said seriously and she went back to his seat scared. Siwon and Eunhyuk were surprised with his reaction. Who was this girl that was so different from the other ones for Donghae?

He stared at her and felt as if it was an unreal dream. She was in front with once again as if nothing had happened.

“Why are you here?” he asked coldly. His cold gaze was still locked on her eyes and she couldn’t take it anymore.

“I just came back” she said looking down “I know you probably hate me but I wanted to see you again”

“You are right” he said “I do hate you”

She sighed. Every single one of his words was like a dagger to her heart.  She should have expected his harsh words but the Donghae she remembered wasn’t nearly as cold as this one. She held back her tears and faked a smile.

“I just want to know… why did you leave?” he asked still hurt. It had already been three years but he couldn’t forget that she left without saying anything to him.

“I’m sorry for everything” she said “I know this may sound as and excuse but it was something really important”

“And why don’t you tell me?” he asked mad

“I can’t” she said with teary eyes “I promised not to”

“I don’t want to see you again, Sooyeon” he said. Everytime he called her by her real name meant it was something serious. “JUST LEAVE!”

He yelled at her and a tear fell from her eyes. She understood he was mad and she couldn’t make him forgive her just like that. She decided to leave so that she wouldn’t trigger Donghae’s madness.

She walked away and he suddenly felt the urge to run after her but he didn’t.  He still hated her and he wouldn’t let her bring him down.

“Who is she?” Eunhyuk asked with curiosity

“No one” he replied

“How can you say it was no one?!” Hara asked mad “We could clearly see you had something with her!”

“IS NOT OF YOUR BUSINESS!” he yelled making everyone shake in fear “We are over Hara, just leave!”

“What?” she asked in disbelief but his cold stare was sign that he was being serious. She left stomping her feet and without looking back.

“Care to explain, Hae?” Siwon asked him

“I don’t want to talk about it” he said

……………………………………

Sooyeon, better known as Jessica ran back to her house holding all the pain inside her heart. She closed the door and broke down. She let out all the tears she was holding back. She expected him to be mad at her but she thought that at least he had missed her. All she could see in his eyes was hatred.

“Baby sis, are you ok?” Yunho asked surprised when he saw his sister crying. She hugged him tightly and cried in his chest. It hurt him to see his sister like that because he knew that somehow it was his fault.

“I assume you talked to him” he said and she nodded

“He hates me, oppa” she said in pain “I’ve never seen so much hatred in his eyes”

“I’m so sorry Jessie” he said looking into her eyes “It was my fault. If it wasn’t for me, you shouldn’t have left”

“Don’t say that oppa” Jessica said and hugged her brother again “It was for your health”

Yunho sighed. He still felt guilty. If it wasn’t for his weak heart, they wouldn’t have left. They left to America for him to have a heart transplant and their parents made Jessica promise that she wouldn’t tell anyone about his condition. They didn’t want anyone to pity them.

 “I know I don’t deserve his love but I just want him to be the old Hae” she said “The cheerful and playful Hae”

“Just give him some time” he said “He’ll come around”

“I hope so” she said wiping the tears from her eyes “I’ll go to my room”

“Neh” he said and kissed her cheek

Jessica walked upstairs and went to her room. They had just moved back again but her room was still as she left it three years ago. She went to her bed and took something out of her bags.

It was an old photograph of her and Donghae. One they took before she left. She cried again as she looked at it.

“I miss you” she said hugging the photo frame “How I wish you missed me too”

…………………………

Donghae went back home and banged the door of his room, locking it so that no one would bother him. He threw himself in his bed and stared at the ceiling. He started thinking about her and remembering all the good moments they had together.

“Ahh” he screamed out of frustration and covered his head with the pillow.

When he was running out of oxygen, he threw it away with anger. He laid down again turned around to face his right side. There was a picture on the table next to his bed. He couldn’t understand how he had kept it after everything that happened.

He took it and stared at it. It was a picture of him and Jessica. One that they took a few days before she left. He sighed and he was about to throw it like he threw the pillow but he controlled himself. He just put it back in his place and stared at the ceiling again.

“I hate you!” he said furiously “I hate you for making me feel like this!”

“I’m not the old stupid Donghae anymore so I won’t let you break my heart again”

......................