Chapter 6

She is back [Hiatus]

Jessica was now home, thinking about everything that happened that day. She didn't know what to think anymore... she knew Donghae wasn't the kind of guy that would do something like that, but... he had changed so much that she didn't know anymore. 

Her phone suddenly rang, interrupting her thoughts. She stood up from her seat and went to pick up the phone.

"Hello?" she said

"Princess?" she heard Jaejoong from the other line and she smiled "How are you today?"

"I'm good" she said but she didn't really sounded that way so Jaejoong was a little worried.

"Are you sure everything is fine?" he asked once again.

"Yes, everything is fine" she lied. She didn't want him to worry "Why do you ask?"

"Nothing" he said more relieved.

Jessica didn't want to continue talking with him because she knew she would end up telling him everything. In that moment, the bell of her house rang she felt more relieved.

"Saved by the bell" she mumbled in a very low voice

"What?" Jaejoong asked as he apparently didn't heard

"Hmm nothing" she said "I gotta go, the girls are here"

"Oh ok" he said a little bit disappointed "Say him to them on my behalf"

"Ok, bye" she said and inmediately hung up. She sighed relieved and went to open the door. Yoona and Tiffany walked in and saw her worried face.

"Are you ok Sica?" Tiffany asked, even though she already knew the answer

"I don't know" she replied,sighing and burrying her face in her hands

"Sica, do you really think Donghae could do something like that?" Yoona asked "I mean putting cucumbers in your locker is one thing but threating you like that is something beyond mean"

"I know" she said still unsure of everything "It's just that... Donghae sounded so sure of himself when he said he would do anything to make me leave"

"He probably didn't really mean it" Tiffany said 

"I just hope this whole thing is just a bad joke" Jessica said and sighed once again. Yoona and Tiffany just stayed there and comforted her, because she really needed it.

......................................................

The next day at school, Jessica walked to her locker, afraid to find something bad in it. She was nervous and she hesitated before opening it. She opened it slowly and carefully as her heart was beating faster.

She closed her eyes tightly and pulled it open. After a few seconds, she opened her eyes and saw nothing strange. She sighed relieved.

"Hey Jessica" she heard someone said and she turned around. She saw Hyukjae walking towards her with a concerned expression.

"Hey" she just replied. It was awkward to speak to Donghae's best friend and she was feeling a little uncomfortable with the whole situation.

"Hmm I just wanted to say that... I don't believe Donghae would do something like that" he explained and once again, Jessica didn't know what to think "You might probably think I'm saying this because he is my best friend but no, I really don't believe he did it"

"Thanks Hyukjae" she said smiling and he smiled back. Maybe talking to him helped a little bit. She really wanted to believe that Donghae didn't do it and talking to her friends and him was helping a lot.

She took some of her books out and saw a bottle of water inside her locker. She frowned and she didn't remember leaving a bottle inside her locker.

"Hey Sica, are you going to drink that?" he asked "I'm really thirsty"

"No, but I'm not really sure if that's mine Hyukjae... I don't really think you should drink that" she said a little bit worried

"Oh come, it's just water" he said and took the bottle from her locker. He opened and drank it slowly. He looked at it and then continued drinking it until he was finished.

"See" he said smiling "It was just water"

Jessica sighed relieved and smiled at him. Probably she was being a little bit paranoic about the whole thing. After he finished drinking the water, he threw the bottle in the trash bin and they both walked to their class together.

The whole class passed normally. Donghae kept on staring at her site during the class but she just ignored him. It really seemed like Donghae wanted to say something to her but he couldn't or he was just too stubborn to do it.

When the bell suddenly rang, she picked up her stuff and she was about to walk out when she heard someone groan. She turned around and saw Hyukjae lying his head on the desk holding his stomach.

"Dude, you look terrible" Siwon said concerned as he walked to him. Tiffany, who had just arrived from another classroom to look for Jessica, gasped surprised when she saw Hyukjae in that stated and ran towards him.

"OMG what happened to you?" she asked and he smiled faintly

"I'm fine" he said. She touched his forehead and her eyes widened.

"He is burning in fever!" she said worried. Siwon and Donghae inmediately approached his site and helped him stand up to take him to the school infirmary.

Jessica who had watched the whole scene was really worried as well so she and Tiffany walked with them as well.

Donghae, Siwon, Tiffany and Jessica waited outside because they didn't let so many people inside. Yoona joined them later and now the 5 of them stood silently outside waiting for news. There was an awkward atmosphere there, especially between Donghae and Jessica.

Some time later, the nurse let them go inside and see him. He was lying on the bed, completely pale and lifeless.

"What happened to him?" Donghae asked as he couldn't understand

"We believe he is like that due to an intoxication" he explained "He probably ate or drank something strange"

"What could it have been?" Siwon asked a little bit worried. He knew Hyukjae probably have only eaten breakfast at home and there was no way he could have eaten something wrong in his house.

Jessica had been silent the whole time as a crazy idea was running around her mind. 

"Jessica?" Yoona asked suddenly "Are you ok?"

"I was just thinking..." she said worried "I think I know what could have made him like that"

"What?!" they all asked shocked

"This morning there was bottle of water in my locker. I didn't remember leaving it there so it was really weird. Hyukjae said he was thirsty so he just took it and drank it. Nothing happened at first but now he is like that so i don't know"

"What?!" Donghae asked really shocked. The girls gasped surprised. 

Donghae looked at Jessica with a worried expression. Someone had wanted to kill her but had failed because Hyukjae got in the way.

"So this means... someone was trying to poison you" Siwon told Jessica and she nodded sighing.

"This is crazy" Tiffany said as she still couldn't believe everything that was happening. "How could someone go this far?"

"This person is truly evil" Yoona said really shocked as well

Donghae looked at Jessica and she looked back at him.

"You don't believe I did it, do you?" he asked looking at her sternly and coldly and she looked back at him the same way. Jessica didn't reply and just looked away. Donghae couldn't believe it. Did she really thought it was him?

Jessica didn't really thought it was him now. She knew he was evil but not that evil. The question now was... who was suddenly attacking her like that? What did he or she want?