Chapter 7; Sea of memories

Eternal love.

Jae's POV

I want my memories back. I want all of them back. Whether they're bad or good, I want to know. But how should I start..? Where should I start..? I'm comepletely clueless. Sigh I need to go somewhere and think. I left a note on the table telling Yunho I'll be out. I  grabbed my coat and I made my way to Yunho's car. He's at Jessica's house which is next door; he doesn't need the car. We promised to share the car... so I'm gonna use it. I drove along... not knowing where to go. I keep turning and turning... until I reached a beach. I parked my car on the light brown sand as I stepped out of my car, to feel the wind blowing into my face. It carried the smell of the sea.. fresh and salty. I sat on the sand.. feeling its slight warmth against my legs. 

I want to get back my memories... but I have no clue. I cannot ask Yunho.. he's the Eye, asking him will only make me dig my own grave. I sighed as I stared at the deep blue ocean. "Young man, why are you sitting alone here?" a voice echoed behind me. I turned back and saw a hunch-backed old man smiling at me. "I... just got a lot of things on my mind.. need somewhere to think" I replied honestly. I don't know why, but I feel like I could trust him. "Can I ask what's bothering you?' he asked, with a sincere tone. "I... want to get back my memories" I whispered. It seems that he has no trouble hearing me. "I should have known...thats why you are here." he said. My eyes lit up. "You know how to get my memories back?!" I screamed (literally) "Thats why you are here young man... this place... is known as the sea of memories.. only people who seek to recover their lost memories will come here. This place is out of bounds to the rest of the people, including the Eye and the Angel." he said. A thousand thoughts ran through my mind. "Then... why are you here..?" I asked. "I tried to regain my lost memories like you, despite everyone's disagreement due to the fear of the Eye and Angel. I ended up here... I got my memories back.. but it wasn't what I expected.." his voice trailed off. "I decided to stay here and remain until my wife comes. I'm waiting for her to come here.. and regain the lost memories of us.." he said sadly. I feel sad about it... will I end up like him..?

"Young man," he spoke, "you sure you want to regain your memories?" I gulped... I came all the way here... I shouldn't turn back now. Come what may, Kim Jaejoong, you must be strong. Yes, no matter how painful the memory may be, I still want them back. "Yes" I said firmly. He pointed to the sea and said, "Go and step into the sea. Go in deeper and deeper until you regain everything you lost" I nodded as I make my way towards the sea. I stepped into the cold but warm waters. A flash of a baby, giggling happily in a woman's arms hit me. I took another step. A flash of a baby crawling on the floor hit me. I keep on walking into the sea as my memories hit me one by one. It seemed like forever until I felt the water getting lower. The final memory hit me... of me commiting suicide. I took another step and found myself on the same shore. I stood there dumbfounded.. Yunho.. the love of my life... how could I forget him?! Yunho ah... I finally found you.. "Yunho ah!!" I screamed as I dropped on my knees. "Yunho yah!!" I cried, feeling the tears which are soaking my shirt. I stayed in that position as I cried my heart out. I didn't even notice someone was watching me until I felt a pat on my shoulder. Through the tears that blurred my vision, I saw the figure of the old man. "Are you alright?" he asked, concerned. I nodded. "Thank you... I'm leaving now" I got up and walked away, towards my car. I droved in the direction which the old man pointed to, and looked back to find nothing.. but a deep dark forest. I keep on driving for what seems like ages before I arrived home. 

"Jaejoong!! Where were you?" Yunho shouted as I came in through the door. I looked at him.. the man I loved and will always love. It hurts to know he doesn't remember you... it hurts. Unknowingly, tears start to fall. "Omo Jae!! Why are you crying? Don't cry.." he said as he cupped my face in his hands and wiped away my tears. I pushed his hands away and ran to my room. I locked the door and made sure the windows were closed too. I sat on the bed, hugging my knees close to my chest as I cried for the xth time that day.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG delay.. I just finished my exams and will be going for camp next week... I may only upload next Sunday... sorry /bows.