Chapter Ten

Blood Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My eyes are on the road but my mind is on somewhere else. Up until now, I’m still thinking why I acted the way I did a while ago. I glance at the woman beside me. She’s been quiet for a while now which is a little bit unsettling. I’m use to her teasing me, throwing questions or comments at me. I wonder if she’s still angry at me. I haven’t said anything to her since the little stunt I did. I suddenly remember the guy. I don’t know what possessed me, but when I saw that guy kissing the hand of my fiancé something snaps.

My feet suddenly had its own mind walking towards the two, and I found myself behind Suhyun. I tried calling her name but she ignored me. She ignored me while she keeps on smiling to that bastard. No one ignores Oh Sehun!

The next thing I know, I moved closer to her and embraced her from behind, I felt her become stiff but I didn’t care. When I encircled my arms around her, my senses went over drive. The warmth she’s emitting drawn me making me tighten my hold on her, the softness of her hair when it came contact with my cheeks, and the scent she have that I can describe as sweet and alluring. She smells like flower, I thought, that I can’t help but bury my nose and sniff her scent a little before facing the man who’s looking at us with curiosity.

When I introduce myself to the man, I saw something in his eyes I didn’t expected – the way he looked at Suhyun who showed the ring I gave her – I saw pain. Why? Why would he feel like that? I could understand if he felt jealousy, but pain? I don’t know if my mind just tricked me. I was surprised when I’ve learned that he is the CEO of iKON Car Company. I know they have been one of our most trusted business partner. But how would I recognize him when I don’t attend any party my grandfather organized. The conversation between us kind of heated but was interrupted by the woman beside me.

I glance at Suhyun again and saw that she’s still staring outside the window and appeared to be in deep thought. She doesn’t even noticed that we already arrived at my house and parked the car. I sighed. Is she seriously still mad at me?

“Suhyun… I…” I looked at her and saw that she’s not listening. “Suhyun?” I called again, this time she looked at me with wide eyes. What’s wrong with her?

“A-ah, yes?” she was smiling at me awkwardly. “Are you okay?” I asked.

“Ah yeah. I was just… hungry. Yes, hungry. Aren’t we going to eat Sese?” she asked while batting her lashes. I raised my brow. She called me with her nickname for me again. Does that mean she’s not mad at me anymore?

I looked at her a little longer before I spoke. “Actually we’re already here at my house. I was just waiting for you to go out.”

“Oh! Sorry.” She opened the door of the car and got out. I gather all the paper bags containing our purchases and held them out to her. She reluctantly got it, looking at me questioningly. “Aren’t you going to get inside the house?”

I shook my head. “No. I’m going to Seoul. I may not be able to come home early so just tell Mrs. Chiu what you want to eat, I may not be able to have dinner here.” I glance at her to see her face one last time, then I left – leaving her standing there looking at me with emotions I cannot read.

Kim Jinhwan. Whoever he might be, I can feel it in me that he can answer the questions in my mind. I looked at the card he gave me. The simple gesture surely have deeper meaning I thought. I have to contact him. But I have to plan my actions. I have to ask him personally to see if he was lying or not. But I do not trust him that much to meet him – alone. Maybe I could ask him to meet me in a crowded place so he won’t attempt anything stupid. After I remember my mom – more specifically how she died – how they died – I can’t help but feel more wary of people especially if I don’t know what they want from me.

I was so immersed in my plans that I forgot about Sese. I was surprised when he called my name. I tried to smile at him but I know it just look awkward. He ask me if I was okay with that handsome face of him with a hint of concern. I want to tell him I’m not. I want to tell him my problems but I stopped myself. I cannot drag Sese to my circumstances. I do not want him to be hurt seeing that uncovering my memories reveals how dark my past is. I do not want to involve innocent people.

When he said he that he won’t be coming home early, I suddenly felt sad. Why? I do not know. I remember the way he hugged me in the mall. My cheeks colored instantly at the memory of his warm breath on my neck. Why did he do that? I never imagined that Sehun would do something like that to me – publicly. And why does my heart beating like this? I shook my head. I shouldn’t think of things so trivial. I turn around and headed to the house.

When I reached my room, I put all the bags on my bed and started checking out the dresses. As expected from Sese, the dresses are all beautiful – and expensive. It goes from plain sleeveless short dress to more formal looking. I was busy putting all of it in the closet when I opened a bag, different from the other because it contained the clothes I picked before. With wide eyes, I opened the rest of the bags – it contained plain comfy shirts, baggy jeans, and some tattered-style shorts. Sese…brought these…for me? My lips slowly curled upward at the realization that Sese bought the clothes I want. He isn’t really bad after all. While organizing the clothes with a smile on my face, my eyes caught the sight of something sparkling on my fingers. My engagement ring. I smiled, it’s truly beautiful.

I suddenly heard a knock. “Ma’am Suhyun! The food is already served.” Mrs. Chae called.

I smiled. “Yup! Coming!”

 

I met my team and was not entirely disappointed – yes there are some who I can pinpoint that are still an amateur in this kind of business but there are still many that could surely helped me like my former college classmates and now colleagues – Dr. Tamaya Shiro, Dr. Gyum Sanlee, and Dr. Yi June – all prominent doctors at their young age and people I could really trust. Tomorrow, I’ll go to Daego hospital to finalize my works there and to give my patients’ files to the one who’s going to be in charge with them while I’m gone since I’ll be focusing on the project, also, my colleagues there persuaded me to attend the ‘farewell party’ they organized for me. I just sighed and agreed.

I parked my old SLR McLaren Mansory Renovation and got off. I walked towards the front door and typed in the password. There was a sound of ‘click’ and the door of my house opened. I went inside and immediately notice the light coming from the kitchen. Someone’s still awake?

I walk towards the kitchen and there I saw a kitten. Kidding, I saw Crazy Girl sleeping. Her hands are folded on the table and her head resting on it. She was snoring loudly and very unladylike. Why is she sleeping here? I moved closer to her and stopped in front of her. Her face was visible that I can’t help but study her features for a moment.

My eyes roved on her face starting from her forehead, downward. From up close, her lashes are really long and curled. Her smooth cheeks, even without make-up, have this soft pinkish color on it which I found very endearing. My eyes then gaze on her lips. That sinful red lips. It still looks soft and plump just like the first time I laid eyes on it. Without thinking, I slowly raised my hands, compelled to touch it, trace it.

“Sese?” my hand stopped abruptly. My eyes glance up and saw Suhyun’s sleepy eyes looking at me questioningly. “Hi” I said in almost like a whisper.

Her eyes suddenly got wide. . Did I got caught?

“Sese!” she shouted and stood up. Clearing my throat, I raised a brow at her. “Why are you sleeping here?” I asked.

She smiled at me sheepishly. “Well, I waited for you.” She said simply.

I tilted my head to the side a little. “Why?”

“Because I want to eat dinner with you.”

I was taken aback by her answer. Why would she do that?

“Oh! Speaking of food, wait here, I’ll just prepare our dinner. You know, food taste better when you eat with someone!” she exclaimed preparing our dinner. I stared at her still wondering – wait, our dinner?

“You haven’t eaten yet? Why didn’t you eat with Mrs. Chiu?” I asked, following her movements.

“Oh I ate with her but I only eat some cookies she baked. Besides,” she put the rice in front of me while I sat down facing her, “you don’t have someone to eat with so I’m presenting myself.” She gave me her infamous eye smile before sitting down. I suddenly felt something warm making its way to my heart before enveloping it in a somewhat embrace. I feel emotions that seems familiar and – pleasant. I suddenly felt happy?

“Enough talking. Yah! I’m so hungry.” She said. I stared at her for a while. This girl is really something. I didn’t stop the smile that blossom on my lips. She was about to attack her food when I did something I haven’t done in a long while.

I flicked her forehead.

“Aw! Yah Sese! That hurts.” She pouted. “Why did you do that?”

“That is for being a stupid. Next time, don’t wait for me.” I said looking at her. Her eyes went wide and distress. “But-!” I cut her off.

“I’ll come home early so you don’t have to wait.” If possible her eyes even got wider. “So don’t starve yourself. Understand?” agape. “What are you waiting for? I thought you’re hungry?” I asked, quite amuse at her reaction.

“A-ah yeah.” She said and bowed down, but not before I notice the soft blush adorning her cheeks. I covered my smile by sipping the wonderful coffee she made. Ah, so this is what Suho hyung talking about? I glance at Suhyun who was chewing her food like a chipmunk. Maybe having a wife is not bad after all.

I still can’t calm the beating of my heart. I don’t know what happened but when he said that he’ll come home early so I don’t have to wait, that he’ll come home early so we would eat dinner together, my heart suddenly beats faster than before. Why am I feeling this way? And why is he acting that way?! He’s confu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter