Chapter Two

Blood Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I told Kai about what happened. He was furious at first when he thought that I am the one who hit the girl. He cut me off and went on ranting about how right he was about driving drunk, that my career as a doctor is now ruined, that my grandfather will be even crazier, and so on and so forth.

Seriously, how did I last this long with this guy?

I let him talk and talk on the phone while I maintain a bored face. This always happens when I talk to him on the phone that’s why I always want to talk to him in person.

But when he tried contacting his lawyer that’s when I exploded. After he stopped talking and I calmed down, I told him that I am the only one who found the woman but not the one who hit her.

He heaved a deep sigh showing that he’s relieved. “Merlin Sehun, you scared me. I thought you’re going to be in jail! If that happens I won’t have my best man on my wedding and Minzy will be furious at me then I will be castrat-“

“Okay. Okay. I get it. Relax. Geez Kai. Everything is okay. No one is going to jail and no one is going to be castrated. By the way, tell Minzy I said ‘hi’.”

“Speaking of Minzy, she reminded me to tell you that you have to be present in Dara’s shop, last Saturday of October for the fitting of your tuxedo. No excuses. She’ll kill me if you won’t be there.”

“Ohhh… I’m tempted to see her do that.” I teased.

“Yah! I’ll kill you first if you don’t come!”

I laughed. Our conversation was interrupted by a knock.

“I’ll call you later man.” I hang up and put my phone on the pocket of my coat.

“Come in.”

Mr. Im, head security of President Yang of Yang Medical Hospital, one of the biggest hospital in Seoul, went in and give a slight bow which I return. “President wants to see you in his office.”

My eyes widen a little.

He is here? What did he want from me?

 

“President. Good afternoon.” I bowed.

“Good afternoon, have a sit.” He sat down and I followed. Sitting on the chair in front of him. I notice the three glasses of juice on the table.

“Do you need something from me sir?”

“Actually I’m here to tell you something.”

“What is it sir?”

“According to Doctor Jang, your work here in Yang Medical Hospital – Daego Branch (Daego Medical Hospital, no more ‘Yang’ since it’s the only hospital in the vicinity) is supposed to end this coming Friday.”

I happily sighed. “Yes sir. Finally I can go back to Seoul. You personally come here sir to inform me that? Actually I already-“ he raised his hand to stop me.

“I think you misunderstood what I said. You are supposed to go back but sadly you are not coming back to Seoul.”

I stared at him waiting for the punch line but it didn’t came. Slowly, my happy expression turned into a scowl.

“What do you mean I’m not going back?”

“Exactly what I just told you.”

“No. No. No.” shaking my head in disbelief. “They told me I am only going to stay here for 6 months I-“ but he interrupted me again.

“Yes. I remember that clearly but there has been change of plans Dr. Oh.”

“W-what plan?” I said exasperatedly.

“You are going to do a charity program and a medical mission.”

“Charity program?” I scoffed. “That’s rubbish! Are you serious?”

Suddenly the door opened and my grandfather entered the room. President Lee and he greeted each other.

“Director Oh!”

“I’m so happy to see you my friend.” My grandfather said patting the shoulder of President Yang.

“Likewise my friend.” President’s secretary whispered something to President Yang and the man nodded. “It is unfortunate that I have to go now but I’ll wait for you in my office at Seoul. I’ll go ahead. See you later.”

“Keep safe. Thank you again.”

“No problem.” He smiled and went out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter