Chapter Fourteen

Blood Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to lolsome387 for being the first one to comment in chapter 13 ^^ muah!

(Suhyun’s POV)

I can’t sleep.

No matter what I do I still can’t sleep.

I’ve already drank 5 mugs of hot chocolate – I can even feel my stomach gurgling for too much cocoa intake – but still no effect. I tried exercising a bit – stretching, jumping 30 times, and running around my room – still, nothing.

No matter how I slapped my face – I even wanted to punch myself but of course I can’t – I still can’t fall asleep because every time – every freaking time  I close my eyes, I could feel Sese’s body next to me. Gosh! I think I’m turning into a byuntae!

“Ahhh!” I wiggle on my bed like a fish without water and buried my face on my pillow and then flipped over again so my back is lying on my bed. I stared at the ceiling counting one to ten. Nothing. Rubbing my face, pulling my hair while letting out a groan. I sighed.

I raised my hand and touched my lips. I blushed immediately at the memory of Sese’s scorching kiss that burned and set fire in my being and etched its memory to my mind. I didn’t expect him to kiss me – or more like eat me – because we were angry at each other. Because he was acting like a spoiled brat! I was angry and shouting at him for accusing me with something I didn’t do. I bit my lips. Of course I’m guilty that I didn’t told him about my meeting with Jinhwan but what can I do?! He was so busy with his work also.

And when he said that I belong to him? What? Am I a thing? A property to be owned? Tch. I glared at the ceiling like I was looking at Sese but then my face softened. Though I wouldn’t lie that when I heard him said that I am his, my heart skipped a beat. Add to the fact that he keeps on moving closer and closer to me. Like seriously, what is his problem?! Does he know nothing about personal space?!

When he continuously accused me, I snapped. I spout many things I don’t even think about before speaking them. I just let my mouth on the loose and the next thing I know, it was captured by another mouth – Sese’s mouth.  And he even told me he’s going to pay me only half because I didn’t responded? The nerve of that man! What does he want me to do then? his soul out like he did to me?! Tch. Doesn’t he realize it’s my first kiss – well technically it is because I have amnesia remember? – He should have kissed me in a more innocent way. Like… Like smack only? – I blushed. – Before using tongue! How would I respond when I didn’t know how to kiss!? Tch! And the way he pulled me close! I could feel my body molded with his. Those hard abs he have. Is it 6 packs or 8? I think its eight-

 “Wahhhhh! Stop thinking about it Suhyun! Stop!” I shouted then buried my face again on my pillow, grunting, trying to erase that delicious I mean disgusting memory. I was alerted by the ringing of my phone.

“Huh?” I sat straight and grabbed my phone that is on the table next to my bed. I saw the caller’s name.

“Huh? Unknown number?” curiosity got the best of me so I answered it. I cleared my throat. “Hello? Who’s this?”

“Suhyunnie!!! Wah! Thank God you’re still awake! Wait, why are you still awake? It’s already past midnight! Well anyway-“

I cut his blubbering, “Bobby?” how did he got my number? Ah wait! Jinhwan…

“Yup! It’s me Bobby, your charismatic baby.” I chuckled. I could hear the smirk on his tone somehow.

“Yeah right. Why did you call, Baby? Is there any problem? Or don’t tell me you miss me already?” I asked, teasing him back. I heard him laugh out loud followed by a voice. I think its Hanbin oppa reprimanding him again for being too loud. I giggled.

“We missed you so bad. I just wished you’ll stay here with us.”

I smiled. “You know I can’t.” I want to bond with them also. I heard him sigh.

“Fine. Anyway, I just wanted to ask if you’re going to come here tomorrow.”

I paused. Gosh, I wanted to but... “Hm, why did you ask?”

“Well, Jinhwan told me that you wanted to continue what you’ve started. Now that you don’t remember anything about your past trainings, we decided that we’ll teach you everything from basic to complex. In short, we’ll train you again and we’ll be starting tomorrow.”

I gasped. Training? “You mean you’ll teach me how to wield katana?” I excitedly asked. I heard him chuckled.

“It’s Jinhwan who’ll teach you to wield actually but yes, we’ll teach you. But we will start from the basic first. Hand to hand combat and that’s my forte. I’ll be your Sensei which makes you very lucky.” I chuckled. “So, are you free tomorrow? If you are, I would pick you up in the morning. Jinhwan can’t go because he have to attend a contract signing.”

I bit my lips. I’m trying to weigh things. If I go there tomorrow, I could start my training and be on shape again to continue what I’ve started and finally finish it but I would only enraged Sese. He would only get angrier and he might not talk to me anymore. I know what he said was true – when he told me that he don’t trust easily – I feel honored to be one of the people whom he trusted that is why just thinking about not complying to what he said made me guilty and bad. But if I don’t go there or even stop seeing Jinhwan and the rest of my friends – my family – it was like turning my back on them. I don’t want to do that.

Should I tell Sese about my connection to Jinhwan? But what would I tell? Why am I even hesitating to tell Sese about Jinhwan’s connection to me? Why am I even keeping secrets from him? But should I tell him the truth? That my mother is a former assassin? No, I could leave that information. But he might ask more and I can’t let that. I can’t let him get into my life deeper right now. Now that I’m still weak. I need to get stronger first. I can’t let him be involve in my dark life. At least, not now. I’ll find a chance to tell him everything.

“Hello? Suhyunnie? Are you still there? Yah, don’t tell me you fell asleep while talking to me?” asked Bobby.

“Ah Sorry Bobby. I just... remember something. I want to go but I don’t know if I could go tomorrow. Maybe I’ll just message you if I could go.”

“Why? Is your fiancé trying to make you his prisoner?” he asked. I could hear the bitterness in his voice.

I sighed. “No Bobby. He’s not like that. He’s just jealous.” I said. Well now that I think about it, maybe he really is! I grinned at the thought. Sese is jealous? I laughed mentally.

“Tch. I don’t like him for you.” He said. I frown.

“Why?” I asked.

“There’s someone better out there for you.”

I chuckled. “Well care to tell me who?”

“Hmph. I won’t tell you thru call. Be here personally and I’ll tell you. Now, sleep. It’s already 2:34 am. Your eye bags will be bigger than your eyes if you don’t sleep now.”

I scoffed. “Yah! It’s not that you have bigger eyes than mine. Tch. You sleep too! Goodnight!”

“Goodnight Tokki Hyunnie!” he ended the call. I huffed. That sly bunny. I put back my phone on the table and lie down.

“Someone better for me?” I whispered to myself. It’s not that I’m looking for someone since I already have Sese- wait what?!

I slapped my forehead. What the hell am I even thinking! Me having Sese? Yah! Suhyun remember this is not true! You’re only hired to act! So you better do what you were paid for! Don’t think about other trivial things!

I sighed. Maybe having not enough sleep is taking a toll on me. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. A few moments later, I was falling into the pit of dreams.

I feel light headed. I can’t properly breathe. And my back, it hurts. Suddenly I heard voices. I turned around and saw two individuals. One older woman carrying a bleeding girl inside a car. She was supporting the younger one while pressing the girls wound at the lower back to stop excessive bleeding. The next thing I now we are now inside a black car that moving so fast.

“I won’t let you die!”

“B-but y-you have to go now. T-they will… k-kill… you.” The younger woman said. She look like she was in teen years. Wait, she look familiar…

“If I left you here bleeding to death, then I’ll not be different from them. I’m a doctor. I save lives so it’s my duty to save yours. And besides, you saved us, and you’re only a child.”

“I-I… t-thank you… I’ll f-forvever… be in… y-your debt.”

“It’s okay. Don’t talk anymore and pressed your wound more. Honey! Can you drive a bit faster?”

“I’m doing everything I can.”

Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Sounds of gun fired to the car could be heard. The glasses were broken even the side mirror. It’s an ambush. I look out and saw two black vans chasing us while firing bullets.

No! They’re going to die if this doesn’t stop.

Faster! I shouted but I know the man driving the car I’m in doesn’t heard me. The young lady is bleeding to death and now very pale. The other woman is sweating profusely but you could see that she look brave. More bullets fired until something happened. One bullet shot the head of the man driving our car.

No! The older woman and I shouted. The woman cried and was trying to wake her husband but nothing can save him anymore. The car swiveled and losing control. The old woman was crying while the young one is dying. The car turned and the next thing we know, the car bumped hard in a big tree and everything went out.

“NO!” I shouted sitting straight. My breathing is ragged, sweats damped my forehead, I feel like my head is spinning. I raised my hand and touched my head and shut my eyes tightly. “Argh. My head hurts.”

I opened my eyes and looked at the wall clock. 7 o’clock. I sighed. I can’t really sleep now because of that dream. Is it really a dream? Or some kind of memory?

I stood up and fixed my bed. I should get ready.

When I finished drying my hair with a blower. Really, up till now I’m still wondering why there are many girly things here inside Sese’s house. Don’t tell me he have a wife?! Kidding. His ex-girlfriend maybe? ‘The Ex-Girlfriend with promise necklace? But then, why isn’t he throwing away his ex’s things? Isn’t that what most guys do?

Brushing away some unnecessary thoughts, I descended down the stairs. Then I looked around. No sign of Sese. Hmm…

“Ma’am Suhyun!”

“Ah!” I shouted because of shock. Eyes widen and hands flat on my chest. “Yah Mrs. Chen! You scared me!” I exhaled. The old woman chuckled.

“Sorry Ma’am Suhyun. You’re just so cute trying to look like a hunter looking for its prey. What are you looking for by the way?” she asked. I stood straight and made my face nonchalant. I cleared my throat.

“Nothing. Hm, is breakfast ready? I hungry.” She smiled and went to the kitchen. I followed her and sat down on a chair. Where is Sese?

I cleared my throat trying to get the attention of our helper but she didn’t even glance. I cleared my throat again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter