Chapter Eleven

Blood Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “You have to come with me.” I looked at him with wide eyes.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“What I mean is, I’m going to explain everything to you if you come with me to my place. Words mean nothing without proof.” I look at him skeptically. He got a point, but is it safe to go to his place?

“How can I assure that you won’t do anything to me?” I asked, watching him.

He smiled. “That’s why I ask you if you trust me. If you truly trust me, you’ll go with me.”

I closed my eyes for a while contemplating. I need this. With deep breathe, “Okay.” He smiled at me approvingly. “But, you have to bring me back to Sese safe and unscathed.”

His face turn grim. “Right. You’re engage I forgot. But are you really sure you want to continue this wedding?”

“Yes.” I answered without hesitation. I can’t just leave Sese in the air. We have a contract to fulfill. Besides, the thought of abandoning Sese kind of leaving a bitter taste on my mouth.

“If you have your memories, for sure you would end all of these instantly. Especially your engagement to that doctor.”

“I’ll be the one to decide on that matter but for now, the answer is yes.” I firmly said.

After that conversation, I told Jinhwan that I’ll just inform him when I’m ready to go with him.

I still can’t help but think about his question whether I’m going to continue this fake engagement. Of course I will. I signed the contract. I agreed to Sese’s terms. He have done and gave me so many things already and also introduced me to his lovely friends. I can’t just walk away. I don’t want Dara, Minzy, CL, and Bom unnie to think that I’m a bad person leaving their beloved Sese. Just thinking about them labeling me with nasty title made my stomach churn.

Besides, this feeling in my heart every time I’m with Sese… I still want to feel it. The contentment, peacefulness, and happiness I feel, I don’t know but if possible, I don’t want to let this feeling go. I closed my eyes. Feeling the beating of my heart. My mind was invaded with amber eyes. I can’t help but smile. His eyes. Sese’s eyes. The expressive eyes behind the cold emotionless façade. I remember the night when he looked at me with those eyes filled with concern. Am I starting to like you Sese?

I immediately opened my eyes when I heard a door closed. The sound came from downstairs. I looked down from my balcony and saw the man I’ve been just thinking a while ago. He was dressed in white shirt and silk pajama. His hands are clasped behind him. He was admiring the flowers again. I smiled. The next thing I know I was running downstairs, looking like an excited kid.

I was admiring my garden when someone broke the serenity.

“Sese!” I jumped abit because of surprise and faced her. She was covering while giggling. “Did I scared you Sese?” she asked while giggling. I rolled my eyes. “No.”

She grinned and walked towards me. I notice she was wearing a matching pink sleepwear with panda designs. I never remember buying her that. Oh, nevermind.

“Why are you still awake?” I asked her. She moved closer to me until we’re side by side. She was smiling while looking at the roses.

“I could ask you the same thing. Why are you here?” she said glancing at me then back to the flowers. I stared at her. Looking at her smiling, flowers all around her, she looks somewhat ethereal.

“I was admiring the flowers and the sky. I do that when I can’t sleep. The cold night breeze is relaxing.” I replied still looking at her. She hummed in agreement.

“Ah, Sese?”

“What?”

“About Jin- Mr. Kim’s offer, what is it?”

I looked at her with raised brow. “Why do you ask?” she really remembered his name! “And how the hell do you remember his name?”

She rolled her eyes. “I remember people’s name well Mr. Oh. Now just answer my question.”

I huffed. “He offered to help me in the medical mission project. He said that he would lend me cars and trucks I could use in the medical mission. I didn’t even know how he manage to know about the project”

She look thoughtful for a moment then she asked, “Why would he do that? I mean… you two are not really close?”

“I ask him that also. He said that he’s willing to help since our family have been partners for decades. He also said that every year, his doing charity program and this year he wanted to be part of my project.” I still get a little suspicious about his offer.

“So did you accepted it?”

“I haven’t decided yet.” She nodded. “Do you think I should?” I asked.

She was surprised by my question. “Why do you look surprise?”

She looked down, “Because you said my opinion doesn’t matter. That I’m just your employ-“ I stopped her by putting my hand over . Her eyes widen.

“I’m sorry.” Her eyes widen even more. I’m surprise myself. I don’t say sorry to just anyone else. I looked at Suhyun. But this woman is not just anyone else.

I sighed and looked at her with sincerity. “I shouldn’t have-“ I was cut off when a hand covered my mouth.

We look at each other with wide eyes for a moment - like two idiots covering each others mouth - before she burst out laughing throwing her head back, she removed the hand on my mouth, clutching her stomach.

“Yah!” I shouted but she keeps on laughing. When I got the chance I flick her head.

“Yah Sese! Why do you keep on doing that!” she growled and raised her hand to flick me but I step back. She tried and tried again but failed miserably. I laughed at her attempts.

“It’s unfair! You’re too tall! Tch!” she pouted. I chuckled. “Poor you.”

Her pout was suddenly replace with a smile. “You should laugh more often.”

I stop and look at her then I grinned. “I can’t. More women will surely fall in love with me.”

She snorted and rolled her eyes. A few moments, comfortable silence overcome us.

She bend down and touch a red rose. “I remembered something.” She suddenly said. I looked at her with raised brow.

“And that is?” I probed. She glance at me with a smile. “My nickname.”

“Your nickname?” she nodded. I noticed the sad smile in her face. “Yeah. My nickname. The name my mom gave me.”

“Oh.” Her mom. So that’s why she suddenly look sad. “What is your nickname?”

“She calls me Baby Rose.” She chuckled, “I don’t know why she calls me that. Maybe because she’s also fond of flowers like you.” She smiled at me. “You know what, I’m happy I remembered my mom but I’ll be happier if I remember my dad also even though I can’t see them anymore. By the way Sese, when will I meet your parents? Aren’t we going to visit them?”

I was stunned by her question. I just stared at her not knowing what to answer. Yeah. I forgot to tell her that my parents are already dead. Even the basic and most important information that I should have told her was never mentioned to her. Maybe because I still remember their alive smiles in my mind. The warmth of their gaze and their hugs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter