Chapter-9

My Only Love

Jessica's POV

I was on my way to the studio when I saw Soojung walking alone. She was sighing constantly and I could tell something was up. I started walking faster so I can catch up with her. 

"Soojung ah" I shouted when I was near enough for her to hear me.

She turned to face me. "Unnie."

"Why are you alone? I thought you went to meet Changmin oppa."

"The contract ends today remember? Now I have no reason to be with him. Everything is how it should be now."

But I could tell something was going on with her no matter how hard she tries to hide it. 

"Tell me." I try to make her talk.

"Changmin oppa said he likes me. He wanted me to be his gf so that I can like him too."

"So? What happened? What did you tell him?"

"I just told him I need to be alone for now."

"Do you like him?" I wanted to know how she really feels so I can help her or at least let her be clear of her own feelings.

"I don't know unnie. I kinda feel bad that he had to confess to me that way. I just wish he was honest from the start instead of making some stupid bets." 

"Do you want to skip the practice today? Maybe we can go hang out together? Its been a while since we hung out you know." I tried to cheer her up cause I know pressuring her with questions about her feelings right now is not gonna get anywhere. She needs to refresh her mind and think of something else for a while.

"No...unnie. I'm fine. I don't want the practice to be incomplete just cause of this." 

"Are you sure?"

She nodded with a smile as though telling me she'll be fine and I don't need to worry that much. I guess my little sister has grown up a lot without me realising it. 

Everyone got to studio on time. We started practicing the song. But Changmin and Soojung keeps getting distracted and got the tune wrong. 

"Are you two fine? Something feels off between you two." Tiffany asked sensing something.

"I don't think I can practice today. Let's do it some other time." Changmin got up and went out. I swear I have never seen him so serious.

"I think you should go talk to him." I whispered to Jaejoong.

He got up and followed Changmin. I felt like Changmin needed someone to talk to now. He should at least talk to someone to get rid of whatever is bothering him now and I was planning to do the same to Soojung.

"I think we should practice properly from tomorrow. I need to go somewhere with Soojung too." I told them, grab Soojung's hand and came out. 

I felt bad for the others cause they probably haven't heard of whatever is going on and they were just left to wonder and we dissed the practice when everyone made an effort to come on time just for that.

"Unnie, what's wrong? We could have just stayed and practice."

"I know you can't concentrate. So, I'm here to make you divert your mind to something else."

I took her to a mall and made her shop. Shopping is the best way to relief stress, well, at least for me. And I think Soojung is also slowing getting into it. Thank God! I bought the credit card with me. She was checking out some sunglasses, then some dress, shoes...she was trying out almost everything.

I just sat on a sofa waiting for her to finish. I managed to control myself to not check out anything cause that would make me want to buy and I plan on not buying today.

"Unnie, you should try this. It'll look good on you." Soojung brought out a white lace short dress. It looks so flirty and romantic and its totally my style! Those details, those prints, the lace!! I was trying to convince myself I don't need it but who was I kidding?

I bought the dress after trying it out and a shoe to match it. Of course, I need a shoe to match it and I don't have any shoes at home that matches the dress!

After shopping, we decided to go to Jaejoong oppa's mother's restaurant. Food can always make Soojung better and Jaejoong oppa's mother cooks the best meal. 

Jaejoong's POV

I kept walking next to Changmin. I don't really know how long we have been walking. I just followed him. He didn't tell me what's going on. But I know he will start talking when he feels like so I stuck with him waiting to him to spill out. 

He went inside a convenience store. I wonder what he's gonna buy. Just as I was about to go inside too, he came out holding 10 beer cans. I was shocked just by seeing him. He's never the type to buy this many beers and he never really drinks. 

He put all the beers on a table outside and sat on a chair and started opening a beer can.

"Here have it." He passed it to me.

"What's going on? Why did you buy this many?" 

"I need to drink something."

"Then you could have bought only one. You never drink this much.

"Today I will." He said and started drinking.

He stopped talking again and kept on gulping down the beer. He had finished 4 cans already. 

"That's enough Changmin." I stopped him when he was about to open his 5th can. "Stop this and tell me what's bothering you."

He let out a sigh and said, "I don't think I can face Soojung anymore. I'm too embarrased." 

"What happened?"

"I told her why I made the bet and she kinda got angry. I guess I blew up big time."

"Stop acting so pathetic over girls' issues. Come lets go and have something nice in my mom's restaurant."

"Yeah...I guess I kinda need your mom's cooking." 

"I know food means more to you than anyone." I joked making him laugh.

We reached the restaurant and both of us went inside only to be surprised by what we saw. 

Jessica and Soojung were there sitting and eating. My mom was with them. They were talking about something and laughing.

Changmin looked at me as though asking what's going on. I looked at him and mouthed," I have no idea either."

"Oh...Joongie, what are you doing there? Changminnie, you're here too." My mom saw us standing at the door and came towards Changmin giving him a hug. My mom always favors Changmin cause he enjoys her food more than anyone else. 

My mom's reaction to seeing us made Sica and Soojung look towards us and they were as shock as us. They probably never expected seeing us here and that too on this very day. 

"Sooyeon and Soojung are also here. They came not long ago. You should go join them. I'll bring you food too." My mom said and went inside the kitchen.

Changmin had no choice but to sit with them. He could not explain what was going on when my mom ask why we're sitting separately. So he sat with Sica and Soojung. The atmosphere got so awkward. No one was saying anything. I kept on looking from Sica to Soojung to Changmin and Sica was doing the same thing as me.

"Sica, why don't we go outside? I have something to talk to you about." I wanted the two to have some time alone and just talk it out. 

"Oh..okay." Sica said. I can tell Sica also knew what I was planning.

"Talk later." Changmin said as we're about to leave.

"No its something very important." I told Changmin and we came out together leaving them alone.

'Thank god we came out!" Sica said as soon as we were outside. "I thought I was gonna suffocate there. It was so awkward."

"Come lets just walk around until they figure out their issues." I held Sica's hand and walked down the streets together.