Chapter- 22

My Only Love

Jaejoong's POV

The wedding got over and Yoochun and Tiffany left for their honeymoon in Hawaii. Everyone else decided to hang out for the night at Sooyoung's cafe. 

"Wah! I can't believe those two really got married. It feels like just yesterday we were in high school." Sooyoung said. 

It's true. Their wedding kinda gave us a nostalgic feel and made us realised we've been through a lot together and that we're no longer those high school kids anymore. 

"So who's gonna be next?" Taeyeon asked.

"Should we bet?" Soojung suggested.

"I say Yunho hyung and Sooyoung!" Changmin said raising his hand.

"I say Changmin and Soojung!" said Sooyoung.

"Me too." followed Yunho and gave each other a high five.

"I also think it'll be Yunho and Sooyoung." Junsu said.

"I go for Changmin and Soojung." Taeyeon said.

"When will you guys ever choose the same thing?" Sooyoung said and everyone laughed. 

"That's our charm." Taeyeon said as she held on Junsu's arm.

"What about you, Unnie?" Soojung asked Jessica.

"Oh..I don't know. Maybe Taeyeon and Junsu oppa." She replied. 

"Jaejoong oppa?" Soojung asked me.

"I'll go with you and Changmin." I told.

"Ok..but I'm thinking it's gonna be Jaejoong oppa." Soojung said with lots of confidence.

"Ohh! You seem confident, Soojung!" Changmin said.

"Yeah..pretty much." Soojung said giving a very cheeky smile.

After some hours of endless talking, everyone decided to leave. But I still haven't talked to Jessica. We mostly remained quiet listening to the others talk.

We were outside the cafe about to leave. Everyone else has left except for me, Soojung and Jessica. Changmin had gone to get his car.

"Unnie, are you staying at the hotel?" Soojung asked.

"Yeah." 

"Then, Oppa, can you give unnie a ride?" Soojung asked me.

"Yeah, sure." I told.

"No...it's fine. I can just get a taxi." Jessica said.

"No..unnie, it's late and dangerous." Soojung said and gave me a look asking me to persuade her.

"Yeah...it's late. I can just give you a ride. It's fine." I told Jessica.

"Ok then." She finally agreed.

Soojung gave me a thumbs up from behind. I just smiled at her although I couldn't understand why she was trying to get us together. Jessica was already married and I thought I should keep a distance. 

I was in the car with Jessica. It was awkward. I didn't know it'd be this awkward seeing her after such a long time. 

"I heard you got married." I told her breaking the silence. "Why didn't you bring your husband? You coukd have introduced him."

She remaind silent for a while. I thought maybe I asked something I shouldn't and made things more awkward. 

"He's...busy.." she finally said.

I wanted to ask her if she's happy. I wanted to know if her husband is treating her properly. I wanted to ask a lot but I decided not to.

Jessica's POV

I reached the hotel and was in my room. I was just sitting on the sofa and thinking.

I thought everyone knows about my divorce but why did Jaejoong oppa ask me about my husband? Maybe he still didn't know.

Should I have told the truth? Why did I lie to him? 

My phone rang and it was Soojung. 

"Yeah?" I took the call.

"Unnie, you reached the hotel?" She asked.

"Yeah." I told her.

"So...what did you guys talk about?" She asked excitedly.

I knew she was calling for this only.

"Nothing much." I told her.

"Was it that awkward?" She asked.

"Yeah...kinda.."

"Oh...maybe it's cause Jaejoong oppa still doesn't know about your divorce." She said. "I thought Changmin oppa told him already but I recently found out he didn't."

"Maybe...it's better that way." I told her.

"Why, unnie? It's time for you to find your happiness now." She said.

"Do you think I deserve it? Happiness? After hurting him so much?" I told her.

"Unnie...everyone deserves a second chance. Everyone deserves happiness and besides Jaejoong oppa hasn't moved on from you. You won't know how many girls he tried dating but gave up so soon cause he still likes you." Soojung was going on with her lecture again.

"Look, Soojung...that makes me more guilty and I'm kinda having a headache so can we talk later?" I told her. I couldn't listen to all these today.

"Ok..see ya later." She said and cut the call.

Maybe it wasn't the right choice to come back, I thought as I took a sip of wine.