Chapter-3

My Only Love

Jessica's POV

We've just arrived at the studio.I guess the guys are already here. I could hear them singing.

As soon as I was inside, I felt like I was watching some street performance of those really talented artists. The guys were performing an acapella. Their harmony...it was like magic. This is the first time I've ever heard something so beautiful performed right in front of my eyes. They looked so different when they sing...like...they seem more charismatic.

No one said a word and just watched them perform. Even the guys didn't realise we were there. They were too absorbed in their singing. 

When they finished, Junsu oppa waved at us, "You guys are here."

"How was the song?" Jaejoong oppa asked me.

"It's beautiful. I didn't know you guys can sing acapella."

"It's their speciality." Taeyeon said.

Wow...these people never stop surprising me.

Jaejoong oppa started handing out some sheets to everyone.

I got mine and saw that it's a music and lyrics sheet. The title is written as "Don't Forget" *think wasurenaide by TVXQ*

"Jaejoong wrote the lyrics and Yoochun composed it." Yunho oppa explained. "We are going to perform this in this year's school festival. I know the school festival is three months away. But this year we want to give the best performance since we've got new members and this may be the last performance with all of us together. So let's practice hard everyone."

Everyone "ok'ed" in union. I kinda felt sad that I'm not gonna have that many months to perform together with all of them considering 4 of them are graduating this year. 

We started practicing the song. I was really impressed with the song. The lyrics, the music...it blended so well. Jaejoong oppa and Yoochun oppa first sang it to us as a guide. It sounded so beautiful. I was also nervous thinking if I could make this song as beautiful as they made it or am I just gonna ruin it. This is gonna be my first time actually performing on an actual stage. I performed in the school ballet shows when I was a kid but that's that. You don't need to be excellent in that. Everyone loves you cause you're a kid. 

Junsu oppa gave out parts of the song to be sung by each of us. I was hoping to not get my own line or maybe I could just play the piano? Or maybe I can just sing the chorus with everyone?

But no luck. He gave me a verse. It's not that long but still enough to make me nervous. 

Yunho oppa, Sooyoung, Yoochun oppa and Krystal were in charge of the instruments leaving the remaining of us to sing. 

After practicing for about an hour, Jaejoong oppa got up and said he needs to leave since he has assignments to complete and study for his test tomorrow.

"That book worm. He studies way too much that he makes me look like a bad student." Yoochun pouted saying that.

"Aww...you're good in your own way." Said Tiffany sqeezing his cheeks. Yoochun gave a smile after that.

They really made a cute couple. 

We practiced for one more hour after Jaejoong oppa left and decided to end it for the day and go home. As usual, Changmin, Krystal and me were left alone while the couples went on their way.

"We should go too." Said Changmin.

There I was walking with Krystal and Changmin. I was hoping Jaejoong oppa would walk me home again today. Changmin and Krystal were fooling around. I didn't even pay attention to what they were talking about. Since when did they become so close anyway?

"Sica..." Changmin suddenly called me.

"Yeah?"

"How was the practice?" He asked.

"It was good. The song was very beautiful. I don't know if I can make it sound as beautiful as Jaejoong oppa and Yoochun oppa did."

"That was just a guide. You just sing comfortably. You're already a good singer. You don't need to be nervous." He reassured me. 

"That's right, unnie. Everything will be fine." Said Krystal. 

"Yeah. I hope so." I said with a smile.

Jaejoong's POV

I wanted to walk Jessica home today. But with all these assignments and tests I've got and the part time jobs, it's been keeping me real busy. 

I can't lag off like the others. I need to get scholarship so I can get into a medical college. But just for that, I can't ignore the band too. I need to keep everything going. 

Actually, I don't even have time for a love life. I've been living just fine without love. But now with Sica coming in front of me making my heart skip a beat everytime I see her and making me want to protect her, I don't know if I can handle it anymore. 

Knock knock.

My thought got interrupted.

The door opened and my mom came in looking exhausted from working the whole day in the restaurant.

"My son, are you studying?"

"Yes,mom...did you come back just now?'

"Yeah...there were so many customers today so I got home a bit late."

"You must be tired then...I made dinner...you should go have some."

"Aigoo...where will I ever get a son like you? Such pretty and good mannered guy?"

"Mom...I told you not to call me pretty. Pretty is for girls." I complained. I've always heard people call me pretty and it made me feel soo...i don't know...feminine? So i hate it a lot.

"Okay son...i'll bring you some snacks. Study hard."

My mom is the reason I'm working this hard. My dad died early when I was just 10 years old from an accident. Ever since, my mom has been trying to provide me everything with just what she earned from her restaurant. She has been living such a hard life for me.

My dad wanted me to become a doctor. And that's why I'm pursuing this dream now. My mom always told me she would want nothing more if I became a doctor. I felt like I needed to achieve this dream for them at least and make her live happily.

Once my mom was against me joining the music club too. She only agreed under one condition, that is, I can stay in the club and continue playing music as long as my grades don't drop. So I tried hard in order to keep staying in the club.

Everyone in the club are more than just friends to me. They are like a family. We've been through so much together and I love that we stick together no matter what. 

Jessica's POV

I washed my face, applied a night cream and sat on my desk trying to finish my assignment when I heard a knock on my door and Krystal came in.

"Unnie, what are you doing?"

"Just trying to finish up my assignment. Don't you have any assignments?"

"I finished it just now." Said Krystal as she climbed on my bed and lay there. 


Krystal was just lying on my bed saying nothing at all. She put in her headphones and started listening to songs from her phone. I suspected she wanted to talk about something and she's waiting for me to complete my assignment. So I tried to finish up my work as soon as possible.

I managed to finish my assignment sooner than expected. Yeah...it was an easy topic luckily. I look at Krystal and she was still there listening to songs. I expected her to fall asleep but she was still awake. I took off her headphone from one of her ears. 

"So tell me now." I told her.

"Oh...you finished already?" She asked as she got up and sat on the bed.

"Unnie...what do you think about Jaejoong oppa?"

What is up with this girl? She waited for me to finish this whole time just so she could ask me what I think of Jaejoong oppa? I thought something was troubling her and she needed someone to talk to. But she's here this late at night just to ask me this? 

"I think he likes you." She said.

"No way...there's no way a guy like him would like me..." I tried to deny cause yeah it doesn't make sense.

"What makes you think that?" She asked.

"He's the kind of guy who dreams big...and has no time for love." I tried to reason. 

"No unnie...Changmin oppa told me that Jaejoong oppa has feelings for you."

"Changmin oppa must be just joking." I said telling myself it couldn't be true. 

There's just no way this could be true.

"You know unnie..." Krystal continued. "Changmin oppa told me a bit about Jaejoong oppa today...he said Jaejoong oppa is a really good guy...he wants to become a doctor because that was what his late father wanted him to become. He does lots of part time jobs to help his mother who runs a restaurant. His father died when he was 10 years old in an accident."

Hearing this from Krystal, I felt nothing but more admiration for Jaejoong oppa. How did he manage to write songs, top his class, go to part time jobs and still attend all the practice?? The more I knew about him the more I wanted to know about him. It's like nothing is ever enough. He seems to have many layers...the more you take off layers...the more there is. 

"Anyway, what's the deal with you and Changmin oppa?" I asked Krystal because I was curious and I also wanted to divert the topic from me and Jaejoong oppa.

"What do you mean?" She asked looking so clueless.

"You two seem pretty close...considering it hasn't been that long since you guys met and you aren't that open to strangers."

"He just makes me comfortable." She said. "It's like we understand each other and he's just like a friend, a friendly oppa."

"Do you like him?" I just had to ask her.

"Noo...unnie...what are you thinking?" She said getting her cheeks blushed.

She looked so cute right now. I wanted to more.

"Well...maybe Changmin oppa likes you then."

"No unnie...just because I said Jaejoong oppa likes you." She said...still blushed...got out of my bed and was on her way out.

"Goodnight unnie...don't overthink." She said as she closed my door.

"Goodnight...you're red as an apple." I shouted just so she could hear outside.

Krystal's POV

What's wrong with unnie? Just cause I told her Jaejoong oppa likes her...she's turning to make me like Changmin oppa.

I  got to my room...turned off the bright lights and just left my lamp on with its dim light.

I tried to sleep but I couldn't. What's wrong with me? Unnie's words kept on bothering me. Do I like Changmin oppa? Does Changmin oppa like me?

I kept tossing and turning on my bed. Noo...I tried to deny myself. There's no way Changmin oppa would like me...he just sees me as a sister. And I just see him as a brother.

But why is unnie's words bothering me so much? Do I really like him? I do enjoy being with him. He's good to me. He makes me feel comfortable. And I have so many things to talk with him. He makes me happy.

But does that mean I like him?