Chapter-23

My Only Love

Jaejoong's POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I thought it might be an emergency at the hospital and received it without even checking the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answered with my eyes still closed.

"Jaejoong oppa!"

I finally managed to open my eyes and checked who it was and it happened to be Soojung.

"Soojung? Why are you calling so early in the morning?" I asked her.

"Oppa...can we meet now?" 

I looked at my watch and it was only 6:00 am in the morning. I wondered why she wanted to meet this early in the morning. 

"Why? Is something wrong?" I asked her.

"Not really...I just need to tell you something....and it can't wait. So come out at the park near your place. I'm already here." She said and cut the call.

What? She's here already? I got up in a hurry, got dressed and ran towards the park. What could she possibly have to say now? And why was she in such a hurry?

When I finally reached the park, I saw her sitting on one of the benches alone. I expected her to be with Changmin but she was alone.

"Didn't you come with Changmin? Why are you alone?" I asked her worried that she came here alone this early.

"I came alone...he was still sleeping and I didn't want to wake him up." She explained. 

"But still it's still dark and dangerous.  You shouldn't go out alone like that. What if something happened to you?" I was worried.

"But enough of that...I came here to tell you something." She ignored what I said.

"What is it?" I asked as I sat down next her.

"It's about unnie. She said she's leaving today." 

"So?" I don't know what she expected me to do. Jessica is married already. I didn't understand why Soojung kept on trying to hook us up again.

"You should stop her." She said as if it's a given.

I let out a sigh and told her, "Soojung, I don't understand why you're doing this. Your sis is happily married now. Why do you keep trying to push us together?"

"There's something you don't know" She said.

"That's enough, Soojung. You should go back now." I told her as I got up and started walking away.

"Unnie's divorced." She shouted from behind.

I froze at the spot when I heard her. 

"Unnie...she hasn't been happy for so long. No..she hasn't been happy since she left Korea. You're the only one who can make her smile again." She continued.

I turned to face Soojung. She was almost in tears. I understand she wants to see her sister happy again but is this the right thing to do now?

"Why? Why are you telling me this only now? Why?" I asked her.

"Because unnie didn't want me to. She's filled with guilt for breaking your heart like that. But I can't let this go on. It's obvious you still like unnie and I can see unnie still feels the same way too. She's regretting a lot now. So, oppa, please...can you do this for unnie?" She was literally begging me.

"Soojung, I think...I should go back. You go back safely, ok?" I told her and started running. I thought I was going to my apartment but my body kept on running past my apartment and my mind was blank. I just kept running till I'm out of breath and my legs couldn't take it anymore. When I realized, I was in the park again. I guess Soojung had gone already. People were starting to come out for their morning exercises and some were walking their dogs. I sat on a bench and took deep breaths trying to calm myself down.

Should I go? What if I go? Will things be the same? Will she be happy like Soojung said? My mind was going wild. I didn't even know what was the right thing to do.

Then,I felt a vibration from my pocket. I took out my phone to check and it was a message from Soojung. 

"Oppa, I know you'll go in the end anyway. So here's the info. Unnie's leaving at 12:00 pm today. So go to her. Don't miss her. This could be your last chance too. Fighting! I believe in you Oppa!-Soojung."

Why does she think I'm going to stop her? Why is she so sure? I got up and started walking to my apartment. I was still trying to decide as I took a shower or eating or getting ready for work.It was on my way to work that I finally realized. Yes. It's true I still love her. She's not seeing anyone now and neither am I. Our story never ended. So, what's the harm in going to her now? Whether she accepts me or not was upto her but I should do this at least to not have any regrets. Yes, Jaejoong! This is it!

I suddenly took a U-turn in the road and was on my way to the airport. I drove as fast as I could.

As soon as I reached, I ran to departure section. I was searching for her among countless of people. I was already out of breath. Then, I saw her with Soojung. I went towards them. 

"Are you planning to leave us again without any word again?" I asked her from the back.

She looked startled as she turned to face me.

"Oppa, why..are you here?" She asked looking confused.

I just gave her a smile.

"Unnie, I'm so sorry." Soojung told Jessica as she left us.