Dance Company

Unexpected

Sooyoung's POV

"Uhhhh, hahaha, no." I answered uncomfortably. "Why, does it seem like we are?" I asked frantically. 

"Ohh, umm, no just wondering." Nichkhun said while smiling and scratching his head awkwardly. 

"Hey Sooyoung, ready to go?" Donghae suddenly appeared from behind me. 

"Ummm, yeah hold on." I said as I packed my things, the bell was about to ring and my class with Donghae was all the way across the campus. "So, no more questions right?" I asked Nichkhun one last time.

"Yeah. I'll see you around." He said in a low voice. I stood up and waved good bye to him and went out the door with Donghae. 

"Come on we have Dance Company next!" Donghae rushed me towards the locker rooms.

Dance Company, during the summer Donghae begged me to be his partner for the audition to get in to our school's Dance Company. Being his best friend I agreed, it was crucial two hours of learning the choreography for two weeks. When school started and I got my class schedule it said Dance Company, I went to got talk to my counselor, there must be a mistake or something, I didn't ask for dance, I was just his partner! I'm stuck in this class now. I tried to get out but all the other elective classes were filled already. 

I hurriedly changed into my leotard. Ms. Ling hated students being late. I entered the dance room and half the class was already there. I sat next to Donghae and stretched. 

"Did you memorize our choreography yet?" He asked teasingly knowing that I still haven't. 

"No. Why did you have to volunteer us to do that duet? It's so hard! You know I'm not a good dancer." I said pouting a little. Our dance routine was like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXOdusBUDIY

I like the idea of the dance, it's cute. Donghae's a great partner, we sometimes practice at his house too since he has a large dance room. 

"You're not that bad. If you practice, you're going to be an excellent dancer. You just have to let lose and be confident out in the stage. Come on let's go practice over there." We went to the corner part of the dance studio. Donghae counted off, "5.6.7.8".

I did the routine with only a few mistakes I need to fix with the timing. But all and all it was pretty good. We still have about a month till the performance date so I had time to get things right. The only parts I'm concerned with are the lifting me up parts, it gets a little awkward sometime when I mess up, he has this look in his eyes when he's dancing. He's so passionate about it, every move he makes is filled with so much energy and feeling. 

"That was good! You're improving." Donghae pushed my arm lightly.

 

"Shut up." I said pushing him back. 

"Hey! You two, stop with the flirting and get to practicing!" Ms. Ling said with a hint of smile on her face. This lady, no wonder she's single.