Question of the Day

Unexpected
                                                          Sooyoung’s POV

Mr. Gott finally got to our group and directed us on how to do the scene. Apparently Nichkhun and I are dating in this scene so he has his arm around my waist while Aidan and Salem are our friends telling us about the rumor they heard going around the campus, Mr. Gott said that Salem and Aidan can improvise on what the rumor was about. I can feel Nichkhun’s eyes staring at me intently, I dared not to look in them, even though I’m not attracted to him like the other girls in this school I think his eyes are gorgeous.

“Is there something on my face or something?” I asked trying to break the silence.

“Oh, no, sorry.” I saw him blush a little, which made me blush. Aidan cleared trying to get our attention.

“Sorry to ruin your moment there, but we’re actually filming now.” She said  teasing us. I looked over and saw Mr. Gott coming our way so Nichkhun’s hand returned to my waist, which made me twitch from the sudden contact.

“Sorry.” He quietly said. Why does he seem so… polite?

“It’s ok.” And switched back into character since Mr. Gott was now in front of our faces.

We were walking and talking.

“Did you hear what’s going around?” Aidan was a great actor, very believable.

“Yeah, it’s about you guys!” Salem added on, obliviously she and Aidan planned something before we started filming. Hey this isn’t improvising!

“No, why, what is it?” Nichkhun asked, with a stern look on his face, now this guy is really a professional.

“People have been saying that you’re pregnant! Is that true?” Aidan looked at me with curious eyes.

“Of course not!” I replied with my best facial expression of being appalled. Then the camera wasn’t directed toward us anymore, it moved on to the next group of people.

“Hey, that was pretty good. You actually looked shocked.” He smiled his hand still around my waist. I awkwardly thanked him and moved away from his grip.

“Sorry.” He said again.

“You know, you say sorry a lot.” I said looking at him funnily.

“Hahaha, yeah I sort of noticed that.” He laughed and sat back down on the floor where we were earlier. Aidan and Salem joined us after they were done talking to each other.

“Hey, that was a random topic Aidan! It really got me off guard.” I laughed a little realizing how panicked I really was when I heard the word pregnant come out of Aidan’s mouth.

“Yeah, well that was the point!” she playfully said.

The bell rang and we went back inside to grab our bags, mine bag wasn’t where I left it though. I went around the chairs looking. It’s a big bag, how can I miss it? Someone tapped my shoulder, it was Nichkhun, he had my bag.

“Oh my gosh, I thought someone stole it. Thanks!” I tried to get my bag from his hands but he raised it and continued walking out the door. What is he doing? I just followed him obediently. We were walking down the hallway and I saw Donghae who looked at me with confused eyes.

“He has my bag!” I mouthed out while pointing at my bag since he was still down the hall; Donghae simply nodded still looking confused. Heck, I’m confused. Why is he doing this? We stopped in front of my second period class and he turned my way. When I thought he was finally going to give me my bag back he opened the door for me and motioned his hands for me to enter first without him saying a word. I went in and sat on my usual seat as he placed my bag down on the side on my table and sat next to me. World History is the only class where we can’t really talk to anyone since the teacher gives us a lecture the whole time.

Donghae finally entered the room.

“You know you really have bad timing today.” I glared at him and he just gave me a big smile in return and sat down on the other side of me. What’s wrong with people today?

Once the teacher started talking I took out my notebook and prepared myself to write things down, I have very neat handwriting but I write really slow and this class has a lot of important information to be written down. But before the lecture starts our teacher Mr. Sil asks us “The Question of the Day”  which connects to what we’re going to talk about in class that day, it usually leads into a debate and it has a time limits of 20 minutes. Today’s question, “Do you think that men and women can just be friends?” Ahh, platonic relationships. Suddenly all the eyes in the classroom were directed towards Donghae and me, even Mr. Sil’s!

I can feel my face starting to turn red as every second passes by with them staring at me so I finally spoke.

“Yes, a boy and a girl can just be friends without having feelings for each other.” I sighed, and I looked at Donghae, “Right?”

His face, why does he look disappointed? We don’t feel anything for each other right? We’re just friends.

“Yeah, just friends.” He said with a fake smile on his face. Aishhh, this is going to be in my head the whole day now!

The other students continued the debate saying, “No” “Yes” “It depends”. The lecture finally started and the lights were turned off and the power point began. I chose to pay close attention to the lecture to get my mind off of the ‘The Question of the Day’.

A paper balled up landed on my desk. I turned around and looked at Donghae who was acting like he didn’t do anything. I opened the piece of paper it said, "Hey you ok?" I turned around again and he was looking at me I nodded and went back to taking notes. That class period always flys by fast. So much information is such little time. I walked out of the classroom and Donghae was standing outside like the usual. 

"That was so boring!" he said with the most irritated look on his face "I found it interesting, I mean imagine all those people that died and suffered and how much things have changed in the industrial revolution. Doesn't that fascinate you?" I turned to him and he was mocking me moving his hands like my mouth. 

"Hey! You're so mean!" I punched him in his arm and he grabbed me into a side hug. 

"I'm just messing with you! You know you're my favorite!" and we walked to our next class together.