Hello?

Unexpected
                                

As Sooyoung was sitting down peacefully listen to her iPod and doodling on her notebook on the school bench, while Nichkhun, the cocky, know-it-all, actor, sat down in front of her. Sooyoung had a confused look plastered on her face. Why is Nichkhun sitting here? I never even talk to him. Nichkhun looked over on what Sooyoung was doing.

“Hey, you’re pretty good!” he said with that cute little smile of his.

“Thanks.” She said still confused on what was going on, he was never like this. 

He usually just ignored Sooyoung. Not necessarily ignore, he opened doors for her when he was ahead of her, but that was it. They never said ‘Hi’ to each other, not even once, even though they have three classes together and have been attending the same school since middle school. Sooyoung found Nichkhun irritating, probably because all his thoughts were spoken out aloud. He was very open and raised his hand too much in class.

“So, are you a visual artist?” One of the things Sooyoung hated, questioning the obvious.

“Yeah.” She said, clearly annoyed. Nichkhun felt the awkwardness of the situation.

He tried to change the topic, “Do you usually get to school this early?”

“Yeah.” She said again, Sooyoung could careless of this conversation; she knew Nichkhun was just creating small talk with her because she was the only one in school at the moment. Sooyoung saw Donghae walk through the gates and she quickly packed her things in her bag. Thank God he’s here already! She thought to herself.

Nichkhun just looked at her wondering why she was packing up, he turned around and saw Donghae. Hmphhhh, him again. He thought to himself.  

“Well, I gotta go. I’ll see you around.” She took her bag and left Nichkhun on the bench speechless. Sooyoung reached Donghae and hugged him.

“What took you so long?! I had to talk to Nichkhun, God it was awkward!” Donghae looked at her amused, she was panicking, something she doesn’t do that often.

“I’m here calm down! What’d you guys talk about?” knowing Sooyoung’s dislike of Nichkhun they obviously didn’t talk about much.

“About my drawings, but it was weird! We never talked to each other, he just sat there in front of me and started talking.” Sooyoung said throwing in a lot of hand gestures in one sentence.