Mandatory Tutoring

Unexpected
Chapter 7 

Nichkhun POV 

Finally the lunch bell rang. The awkward atmosphere with Donghae and Sooyoung was making me suffocate. I wanted to get to know her better but it seemed like Donghae was protecting her from me. Aishhh, I need to find some time alone with her. Sooyoung and Donghae quickly left the room with their arms locked together. I sighed at the sight of them together again. Me and the guys walked to the cafeteria to buy our lunch. I bought my favorite, chicken salad wrap. I thought that this was the best thing in our schools menu. As I walked out of the cafeteria I put of my hands in my pocket. There was a piece of paper inside. I opened it up. Aishhhh, I forgot about this. It was a mandatory tutoring slip for my Pre Cal class. I'm usually good in that class but the  rehearsals after school and lines I need to memorize, is making me distracted from my studying time. 

"Hey, guys I forgot I had mandatory tutoring in Pre Cal." I told them, they were all sitting on our usual lunch table in the center of the quad. 

"Ohh, I forgot, I do too! Aishhh, that class is so complicated." Chansung said scratching the back of his head. 

"Then let's go, we can't be late for that!" I rushed him up his sit. 

"Yah! Can we go with you guys? It's boring without you." Taecyeon said showing his exaggerated aigoo. I looked around and all the guys were doing the same thing. 

I laughed, "Sure, I find it boring in there, but it's your choice."  We walked to the math building and right when I walked into Mrs. Mill's classroom I saw Donghae and Sooyoung. He was trying to feed her something. I think it was a taco but I looks weird. I sighed, seeing them like that makes me question myself if I even had a shot with Sooyoung. Maybe she and Donghae are already dating and just told no one about it? But I think with Donghae's bubbly personality he would announce to the whole school that they're dating. They would seem like the perfect couple.  Chansung and I walked over to Mrs. Mill to ask her for our tutors while the rest of the guys sat on a table. 

"Sooyoung-ah, please help Nichkhun with his problems." she called out.

Sooyoung turned around and nodded her head, "Neh, Mrs. Mill." 

She took out her note book and pencil whispered something to Donghae and walked towards my direction. She smiled at me and I feel my stomach being filled with butterflies. Donghae was assigned to tutor Chansung. Hahaha, good luck with that!

We sat in the corner of the room to avoid all the other peoples noises. I could feel the guys starring at us. I looked over to them, they had wide smiles on their faces and Wooyoung gave me a thumbs up. This is my chance, I can finally talk to Sooyoung without any interruptions.

"So, what do you need help on Nichkhun-shii?" she asked resting her head on her hand looking at me with curious eyes. 

"Umm... Uhhhh..." I couldn't get my words out! She looked at me with an eyebrow raised. "Math!" I yelled which caused her to jump in her seat a little. I lightly laughed scratching the back of my head. This is beyond humiliating. 

Sooyoung's POV

"Math!" he yelled. Nichkhun-shii is acting weird. When I see him around school he's usually cool and composed. 

"Well, obviously math since this is the Pre-Cal classroom. Be more specific, show me a problem that you don't understand." It looked like he returned to reality after I finished my sentence. He got his notebook out of his backpack and pointed out a problem. I explained it to him as best as I could.

"You're suppose to be paying attention to the problem Nichkhun-shii not Sooyoung's face!" I heard Mrs. Mill shout from across the room making everyones eyes turn towards our direction. I saw Donghae, his eyebrows were crunched up together. I could feel my blood rush to my head. My face must be as red as a tomato. I heard lots of whispers, giggles, and ohhhs. I received glares from some of the girls who obviously had a thing for Nichkhun. I looked at Nichkhun, his ears seemed like they've been painted pink. I awkwardly laughed and continued teaching him the problem. 

"Ok, try solving this one." I pointed out a problem that was similar to what I just taught him. "Ok." was all he said. 

After about a minute he was done with it. I checked his answer and he got it right. 

"WOAH, you got it right! Are you sure you need help with this?" I asked giving him a playful look. 

"Well, actually, I'm pretty good at this subject. After school rehearsals just keep me tired and I barely get to study for tests. That's why I'm in mandatory tutoring." he explain.

"Ohh, so you just let me babble on about subject you completely understood?"  "Yeah. Pretty much. And I just wanted to have an excuse to talk to you." he mumbled. 

"What?" I asked. Am I hearing things? 

"I just wanted to talk to you." He said still a little shy about it. 

"Ohh." I nodded my head slowly, "So, why the sudden interest in me?" I asked bluntly. I just wanted to get out what my mind was screaming. 

"Umm...Well... Ilikeyourpaintings!" he said quickly. That was disappointing. 

"Thank you." I said, he looked up at me, now his whole face was pink. He looked adorable. 

"Umm, so do you have any other questions?" I asked trying to get back to the original subject. 

"Yeah actually." he said, lowering his head again. 

"Ok, shoot!" I said enthusiastically.

"Are you and Donghae dating?"

 

 

 

A/N: Hello readers, sorry for the late update. I've been so lazy lately, I think it's because of the weather. It's all cold and rainy, just makes me want to go to sleep all day. But, yeah, here you go, Chapter 7! Hope you like it! COMMENT. SUBSCRIBE. CRITICIZE.