Another 3 Years

Out of the Ordinary

“Hey, doc, I’m here again huh."

 

"You're late. It's 4.30am, what are you, an owl?" said the doc with her head down, busy searching through papers. "Now sit and shut up, I need to check your last update first before we start."

 

The girl rolled her eyes lazily then sat on the white sofa, staring blankly at the empty white room she’s in.

 

"So," said the doc who sat beside her, still not facing her. "How's life?"

 

"Boring."

 

"No surprise," the doc started scribbling something on a new piece of paper. "You said you would try something new last time, like taking a dance class or something."

 

The girl just nodded her head.

 

The doc sighed, understood that she didn’t do any of those things. "Now that you're going to high school, try something new."

 

“Like what?”

 

"Try to get yourself a boyfriend, that should be fun."

 

"Yeah, right,” she snorted. “You know, doc, I just read this new story where the main character is the daughter of Lucifer and she comes to the human world to banish them but then fall in love with a human instead.”

 

"So?”

 

“I wish my life could be as exciting as that.”

 

“Hm,” the doc said in a low voice. “Be careful what you wish for, Hye Jin-ah.”

 

And as she said that, the white clock on the wall struck 7. Still not facing her, the doc said, “It’s time.”

 

“Time in this world sure flies fast, huh,” Hye Jin said while standing up.

 

The doc just gave a nod without facing her, “Here she comes, 3.... 2.... 1.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“YAH, PARK HYE JIN! WAKE UP YOU SLOTH!”

 

“Aish...,” the girl groaned as she heard her mom kept yelling at her from downstairs. “Yes, queen, coming.”

She got up and walked straight into her bathroom, looking at herself in the mirror. Messy bed hair, trace of saliva, yup, just like everyday.

“Oh, wait, you’re new,” Hye Jin said while looking at her face more closely. “Welcome, Ms. Pimple 3, hope you’ll like it there on my left cheek. Ms. Pimple 1 and 2, be nice to her, okay?”

 

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this person over here is our main character.

 

Applause.

 

She used to give each of her pimple a name though, like Ms. Lee, Ms. Jinnie, or Mr. Soo. But as time passed by, she started to forget their names.

 

Not too long after that, she finished wearing her new uniform, then she went downstairs to eat breakfast with her family, just like everyday.

 

“Hey, kid, how was your sleep?”

Hye Jin sighed, “Another chatting time with the doc whose head always bow down.”

“Didn’t you also dream about her 3 days ago?” her Dad asked after sipping his cup of coffee.

“Wow, even your dreams are boring.”

“Shut up, I didn’t ask for your opinion,” Hye Jin glared at her younger brother, Jun Soo.

 

Jun Soo made a point though. Hye Jin kept getting the same dream about that doc regularly in the past 2 weeks. When the doc didn’t appear, she just slept without dreaming anything. Boring.

 

The queen of the house yelled again from the kitchen, “YAH, HYE JIN! Go now or you’ll be late for your opening cermony!”

Hearing the order, Hye Jin gulped down her cup of milk and took her bag quickly. Her mom is a cool person actually. Ms. Park lost her mother when she was 9 and had to raise her siblings alone by herself because her father was too busy with his work.

 

But yeah, she can be an evil old witch sometimes.

 

With that, Hye Jin walked to her new high school, Hansung High School. It’s not too far, just about 3 blocks from her house.

Hye Jin arrived right at the moment when the opening ceremony began. The new students lined up at the school yard. Hye Jin walked to her class’s line and smirked evily when she saw the girl in front of her. She reached her hand out and pulled that girl’s ponytail.

 

“What the - ?” the girl almost yelled and turned to Hye Jin, pissed. “Yah, are you crazy? Stop it.”

“Shut up or the teachers behind will get both of us,” Hye Jin said nonchalantly.

“Aish, you should be grateful that Mingyu isn’t here, or you’ll be dead by now.”

“Oh, right, where’s that stupid boyfriend of yours, Yeri-ah?”

“Stop calling my boyfriend stupid,” Yeri growled, still pissed at her best friend. “He’s in a different class, 1-B, now shut up.”

 

Hye Jin just smirked again but this time, she did shut . She started staring at the students from other classes’s lines. Wow, there are so many new faces that she had not seen before. Not that she really cared though.

Then she looked to the front, not listening the school’s director who was giving the ‘I-hope-new-generations-will-learn-many-new-things-together-in-this-school’ speech, she just stared blankly at the grey and white building in front of her.

 

Hhhh. She sighed mentally.

 

Welcome, to another 3 years of boredom and misery.

 

 

 

 

 

It's 00:04 and I'm hungry ._.

 

Hi guys, I updated a new chapter today and I hope you guys will like it. And I'm sorry if this is kind of boring but I've tried my best :") Hope you will stay with me for a long time ehehehe.

Tomorrow I will be starting a new semester in the university. I hope that I can update a chapter regularly. 

Thankyou for reading and have a good day everyone!! <3