Chapter 7

Third Time’s the Charm

Monday morning Chorong wakes up with a blinding smile on her face. She turns on her iPod, which appropriately starts blasting Good Day Sunshine by The Beatles and opens her window with a dramatic pull.

"Good Day Sunshine! Good Day Sunshine!" She sings to the street and to the birds on a tree and to her neighbours and to a passer-by, who looks at her, amused, and to whoever wants to hear. "I need to laugh, and when the sun is out, I've got something I can laugh about," she closes her eyes and smiles, like the sun has raised this morning especially for her. "I feel good, in a special way. I'm in love and it's a sunny day."


 

Chorong smiles shyly at Bomi when the girl passes by her on the hall, followed close by Eunji and a Hayoung.

'There she is!' Bomi thinks happily. 'Act cool, Yoon Bomi.' She winks at the black-haired girl who blushes to the tips of her ears.

'Bite me, Chorong.' Chorong's smile falters a little as Hayoung's smirk grows. 'I know you heard that.'

Hayoungs laughs throatily as the trio disappears from Chorong’s sight.


 

After class, Chorong is walking towards her car when she hears familiar voices a few cars away. Peaking over the car next to hers, she spots Hayoung talking quietly with Naeun who's leaning on her Bentley and looking at the other girl seriously.

Chorong strains to hear what they say, then tries to hear their thoughts but she can only hear an indistinct buzz and figures she's too far away. She settles for watching their expressions instead, telling herself that she's not being nosy or creepy, that the fact that she's kind of making a habit of eavesdropping only means she's curious and worried for her friends.

She mentally pats herself on the back.

Naeun is nodding slowly to whatever Hayoung is saying while Hayoung shifts her gaze from Naeun, to the sky, to the ground and shuffles her feet awkwardly on the floor.

Suddenly Naeun smiles at Hayoung and with a final nod, she reaches out and pulls Hayoung to her, giving her a long hug before Naeun pushes her off of her, then punches her on the shoulder playfully.

Hayoung leaves seconds later and Naeun stands there, scratching the back of her neck and not really taking the initiative to get into her car. Chorong approaches her.

"Hey, Naeun-ah."

"Oh, hey Rong." Naeun says looking up with a confident smile, almost as if she were flirting.

"You think you are really cute, don't you Son Yeoshin?"

"I know I am, babe." She opens her arms, like she's showing her all her cuteness. Chorong snorts playfully.

"I just saw you talking with Hayoung and I couldn't help but wonder what was it that had you acting so sentimental," Chorong teases.

'Great, now I look like a crybaby.' Naeun shuffles awkwardly. The girl has never felt comfortable exposing her true feelings.

Chorong reaches out, touching her arm gently.

"Yeah, she was kind of bummed but she’s ready now to face whatever consequences her decision brings. I’m proud of her... I’m just sad that now when I feel lonely or want some loving I’ll actually have to interact with people."

Chorong laughs. "You have a line of men and women waiting for you, Naeun-ah. You snap your fingers and they’ll be there. No interaction needed."

"Don’t know. Maybe when I’m bored I’ll think about it."

Chorong rolls her eyes. "I'm going to ignore your womanizing ways."

Naeun laughs. "You do that, babe. I got to go." She climbs into her Bentley. "See you tomorrow, Rong!"


 

Chorong is not participating in any rehearsal from today’s class. She’s focusing her attention outside the window of the room and letting her mind swim in memories of these past couple of weeks, a warmth settling on her stomach at the thought.

Bomi told Chorong that she'd be at her place after practicing a new choreography, but didn't exactly specify how long that'd be, leaving Chorong to sit nervously on her bed, her back straight and her ears trying to pick out any sign of the dancer's car.

She finally decided to change into something more comfortable to pass the time- a pair of yoga pants and one of her Dad's old sweatshirts. Halfway through slipping on the pants, the doorbell rang. She tripped when her foot got stuck in the pant leg, in the haste of reaching the door and cursed herself when, almost all the way down the stairs, she realized she was in her bra only.

"I'm coming! One second!"

She ran back up and threw the sweater on, wasting three seconds to check herself in the mirror and smooth her hair down and then run back down. It was a personal record.

"Bbom-ah. Hi," she answered the door, completely out of breath.

Bomi raised an eyebrow confused. "Are you okay?"

"Hmh? Oh yeah, yep. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" The auburn-haired girl inspected her appearance, then glanced behind her and into the house. "Is someone in there?" She whispered. "Blink if you are in danger."

Chorong's jaw dropped at what Bomi was suggesting, before she caught the telling twinkle on her eyes. She huffed. "Very funny, Bomi. No I am not being kidnapped in my own home. Now do you want to come in or not?"

Bomi chuckled. "Sure."

Chorong moved aside to let the dancer in. Her eyes immediately indulged in taking Bomi's appearance in. The girl was wearing red sweats and a black varsity jacket with a white t-shirt underneath. Her hair was wet, probably from the shower she must have taken after practice and it was still dripping a little down her back, making Chorong think that she must have run here. She smiled to herself.

'Bedroom or living room?' Bomi thought briefly.

"Come on, let's go up to my room." Chorong lead the way up, suddenly nervous at realizing Bomi was going to see her room for the first time.

"Cute room," Bomi said sincerely, "I like your rug," she pointed at Chorong's piano keys rug.

Chorong beamed. "Thank you." She started fidgeting with the hem of her sleeves and awkwardly pointed to the bed. "You can sit."

Bomi took off her jacket and sat on Chorong's bed, followed by the black-haired girl who crossed her legs and leaned against the headboard. Chorong started playing with the sleeves of her oversized sweatshirt again, not really knowing how to go from here.

'Are we supposed to talk now or…? Should I ask something?' Bomi pondered, leaning back on her hands and making her white shirt ride up a little, flashing Chorong glimpse of her abs. 'I mean, why would she invite me if not for talking about… that? She still has to tell me, right? Isn't she going to?'

Chorong bit her lips at Bomi's thoughts. She never imagined the girl could be this adorable when feeling insecure. It made her feel special.

"So… do you want to… talk?" Bomi finally asked frowning.

"Sure," Chorong answered easily. "What do you want to talk about?" The fake innocence of the question went unnoticed by Bomi, who frowned even deeper, her gaze falling to the bed covers for a second. Chorong knew she was being a little mean, but she kind of liked teasing Bomi.

"I don't know… don't you- isn't there something you want to talk about?" Bomi shrugged, trying to sound casual. "Something you want to tell me?"

"Something like what?"

'Like you like me too, maybe? Ugh!' The dancer huffed. "I don't know. You'd think after what I confessed this morning you'd have something to say."

"You think?" She asked with a hint of a smile. She just couldn't keep it anymore. Bomi of course caught it and rolled her eyes, a blush spreading on her cheeks.

"Jerk."

Chorong giggled and reached out to wrap her hand around Bomi's arm, pulling her up to the bed and next to her. The girl let herself be dragged without much resistance. Bomi sat with her legs stretched out in front of her, her hands in her lap and her eyes on them. Chorong bumped her shoulder to catch her attention.

"Hey," Chorong said quietly when brown eyes locked on hers. "In case you still haven't figured it out after all that has happened these past weeks or I didn't make it clear enough, I like you too."

Bomi looked down at her hands again, biting her lip to fight back a smile in her own cute way of keeping her cool. She nodded and took a deep breath, regaining some composure, then cleared .

"It's just, really hard to believe, you know? I mean a month ago we were barely talking to each other." She shrugged. "I liked you since the first time I saw you. I just didn't want it to be true, because you were Eunji’s girl. That's mostly why I was so mean to you." Bomi dared a glance at Chorong, who was listening to her with a curious expression, not judging or reproaching like Bomi would have expected. "I thought you hated me. I think I wanted you to hate me so it would be easier to stay away from you."

"I never hated you."

"I know. You're just too nice."

Chorong shrugged, taking it as a compliment.

"And… I don't know… I guess I feel like it comes out of nowhere that you- that you like me too. It's just hard to believe, after all this time and everything." Bomi mumbled, her eyes still fixed on her lap, the pretty rosy tint never leaving her cheeks.

"Bomi you are unbelievingly beautiful. You're smart, you're charming, you are a great dancer and singer, a great athlete. You have that passion, that strength in you that just draws people in. Why wouldn't anyone like you? You have always intrigued me. Even when you were mean to me, I just wanted you to like me, to be my friend." This time Chorong is the one that blushed. "I had such a huge crush on you and I didn't even know it."

"Really?" Bomi asked a little smugly.

Chorong dropped her head back and let it lull to the side with a small smirk. "Well, you are really hot when you're pissed and for some reason I was the only one to get that out of you."

Just like that the air around them seemed to shift drastically.

'I want to kiss her. Oh God, I want to kiss her so bad.' But Bomi didn't move an inch.

"So," Chorong said trying to sound calm, “what do you want to do?"

'Kiss you,' Bomi thought as she shifted almost imperceptibly closer to the black-haired girl.

"We can watch a movie or play a game" Chorong continued.

'I just want to make out.'

They kept her eyes fixed on each other with a consuming intensity. Chorong felt go dry as sandpaper and she her lips, Bomi following the path of her tongue with her eyes.

"Or w-we could stay here and- and talk?"

"If you want," Bomi mumbled, her voice so husky it shook Chorong to the core.

"I don't really want to talk," Chorong said and in a bold move she pushed herself to a kneeling position and straddled Bomi's lap, her hands on the dancer's shoulders to steady herself.

"Yeah, me neither," were Bomi's last words before Chorong's lips crashed against hers.

Chorong’s mouth was urgent and demanding, still as soft as ever but with a force that spurred Bomi even more. Bomi let her hands rest on Chorong's thighs, which were covered by the thin and tight fabric of the yoga pants, the warmth of Chorong's skin almost burning her through the cloth.

Chorong was like a little flame, every part of her body that Bomi was touching, left the girl scalding. The black-haired girl parted her lips with a moan as Bomi her lips, delighted to let Bomi's tongue in. She pushed herself closer to her, putting her arms around Bomi's neck and breathed hard through her nose as Bomi's cool hands made her way from her thighs to the small of her back, dangerously close to her .

But Bomi wouldn't go there, not yet. Instead, she pushed the sweater up a few inches and tickled the skin on Chorong's back with her fingertips, driving Chorong crazy. She moaned into Bomi's mouth again as the girl on her tongue. Chorong rested her forehead against Bomi's in an attempt to calm her frantic heartbeat and squirming body.

"Hey," Bomi whispers as she slips into the seat next to Chorong.

"Hi," is Chorong breathy answer. She'd be lying if she said she didn't just lose herself in her own thoughts and felt like she was in her room again, kissing Bomi until her lips felt sore.

Bomi seems to like her flustered face just fine because she smiles knowingly and very slowly, very carefully, moves her hand from her own thigh to the edge of her seat, where her pinkie brushes Chorong's.

Chorong glances down at it and moves her hand another inch, until the same pinkie is curling around Bomi's. She raises her head with a cocked eyebrow and watches Bomi's lips tug up at the corner before Bomi covers her hand completely and squeezes. Chorong turns it up and their fingers entwine immediately, her gaze softening.

"I was just thinking about you," she says conversationally.

"Is that true? About what?" 'Bet it was about that first make out session in her bedroom…'

"Oh you know, about that time you kidnapped me after Literature class," she lies as the memories flood her mind.

The bell had just rang and she left the room and made her way to the cafeteria.

"Wha-" she cried as a pair of strong hands grabbed the back of her sweater and pulled her into the janitor's closet. Chorong, thinking the worst, started struggling against her attacker and yelling.

"Chorong- Rongie- ow!" Chorong heard as her elbow collided with something soft.

"Bbom-ah?" The black-haired girl turned bewildered, her eyes growing wide and worried as she saw Bomi holding her chest. "Oh my God, Bomi, are you okay?"

Bomi stared at her, holding her chest and out of nowhere, she started laughing.

"What's so funny?" Chorong asked confused.

"I believe you just rounded second base."

Chorong apologized, her face red from all the air she was not breathing.

"I didn't know you were into that stuff though," Bomi kept on with her joke. Chorong huffed embarrassed and feeling a little bad for punching Bomi.

"Well, if you acted like a normal person and asked for me to meet you in here instead of kidnapping me, maybe I wouldn't have to put my hapkido classes to use."

‘Hapkido? That's hot.' Bomi stepped into Chorong's personal space and Chorong felt the warmth of her embarrassment melting into another completely different kind of warmth. "I would have asked, but I haven't seen you all day."

"I've seen you."

"Really? When?"

"Oh you know, strutting down the hall with tight blue jeans, joking with half school." Chorong mumbled as Bomi pressed her body to hers and she felt herself trapped against the door.

"," she whispered barely two inches from Chorong's mouth.

Chorong gasped.

Bomi kissed Chorong before the girl could utter a word. It irked Chorong even more and she grabbed Bomi’s jacket and bit her lower lip, turning the dancer’s smirk into a moan. Chorong pulled back, giggling when a dazed Bomi followed her, seeking .

"I just talked with Mrs Im”

"Really, Rong? Really? We're in a dark closet, kissing and you want to stop and talk about Mrs Im?" 'There's something wrong with this picture.'

Chorong ignored her comment. "I was telling her that we should perform in another places besides school, to reinforce the group confidence. Bomi, w-what are you doing?"

The dancer was leaving little bites and kisses down Chorong's jaw and neck. She nudged the girl's jaw and Chorong gave up without a fight, throwing her head back against the door.Oh my god, right there!"

Bomi smirked to herself, having found a very sensitive spot on Chorong's neck.

"You look cute when you space out," Bomi says quietly, breaking her from her reverie, "and I really want to kiss you right now."

They might have been kissing at any waking moment since that day in Chorong's bedroom but that doesn't mean the blunt statement doesn't make Chorong blush any less.

She checks on her teammates with a nervous lip bite. Hayoung is leaning her head on Namjoo's shoulder and they are sharing earphones. Naeun, Hyojin and Howon are on the back, immersed in conversation. Eunji, Hani and Ilhoon are playing with a DS. Suddenly the silence is broken by Hani's cheers and she throws her arms up in victory, earning an impressed nod from Eunji and a groan from Ilhoon.

Everyone seems to be minding their own business.

"Someone might see," Chorong says but still leans a tiny bit forward, eyes fixed on her target: Bomi's pink lips that are shinny from the lip-gloss.

Bomi ducks her head, her eyes jumping from Chorong's eyes to her lips and leans excruciatingly slow. "It's been too long," she mumbles.

"We hung out yesterday," Chorong whispers back with a half-smile, her breath hitting Bomi's face and she seems oh so smug that Bomi needs the proximity as much and as frequent as she does.

"Too long," Bomi repeats with a head shake and goes in for the kiss.

"Ladies." Hani appears out of nowhere and startles them both, making them jump apart like they've been burned until they realize who the cause of the interruption was.

Bomi glares and Chorong plants her cheek on the cold glass of the window to cool her warm skin and make the blush go away. Hani for her part, looks far too amused and not concerned enough by Bomi's murderous look.

"ed you, didn't I?" She whispers with a grin. Bomi could smack her silly. In fact, Chorong hears her think just that.

"Go away."

"Hey, I just came to see how my favourite couple is doing," Bomi eyes her suspiciously. "Actually I just came to ask you for your phone." Hani scratches the back of her neck. "We were playing Mario Karts on Ilhoon's DS and I just beat his record and now he won't let me play anymore." She sends a quick glare at Ilhoon's direction. Chorong briefly thinks it resembles a puppy trying to see from behind its bangs. "And you have games on your phone."

Bomi grumbles a little and jerks her hips up and out of the seat to fish her phone from her very tight jean's pocket. Chorong's mind flood with images at the sight and her eyes go a little wide, before scolding herself for being such a teenage boy around Bomi.

Bomi hands her her phone with a pointed look that says, 'now get out of my sight and don't you dare cockbloking me again'.

No really, Bomi thinks just that as she gives it.