Chapter 17

Third Time’s the Charm

On the last Saturday morning before senior year, Bomi wakes up before her alarm goes off. Her whole body is vibrating with excitement. She can’t wait for her date with Chorong today.

Bomi goes down with her day with a goofy smile plastered on her face. She really can’t help it.

At a quarter to six, Bomi is pacing in her living room while her mom looks on amused and her dad stands watching by the door.

At promptly 6 o'clock, there is a knock on her front door.

Chorong looks beautiful. Her hair is down and that’s Bomi’s favourite hairstyle of hers. When she looks up at Bomi, her eyes darken and a very faint blush spreads across her cheeks. It makes Bomi gulp.

They usher out of the house to Chorong’s car.

"You look so beautiful, Rongie." The auburn-haired girl really can’t look away.

Chorong smiles softly, murmuring. "You do too, Bbom-ah."

Chorong is going to open the door for Bomi, but the dancer pulls her and spins her so the black-haired girl’s back is against the door of the car, pressing her hips against Chorong’s. Chorong’s eyes widen impossibly, muscles rippling as she swallows.

"Bbom-ah." Bomi loves the way her name sounds on Chorong’s voice. Bomi maps Chorong’s ear with the tip of her nose, feeling the other girl’s breath puffing steadily on Bomi’s neck, her hands fisted in Bomi’s jacket.

"Are you cold, sweetheart?"

Chorong looks at her earnestly, eyes glowing brightly because of the nickname.  "A little."

Bomi presses a kiss to that soft patch of skin just behind Chorong’s ear and takes her jacket out, wrapping the other girl in it.

"Won't you be cold?" The black-haired girl asks timidly.

"Of course not. I have you," Bomi grins cheerfully.

“You’re so cheesy.” Chorong smacks her on the shoulder, giggling. But Bomi knows she loves her cheesiness.


 

On their way to the carnival, Bomi and Chorong sing softly to the music in the car, laughing, Chorong holding Bomi’s hand and tracing her knuckles.

They pull in the parking lot, and Chorong drives to the far end. Bomi is going to open the door for Chorong, but the girl is far too excited and just throws her door open.

Chorong snuggles into Bomi and she drapes her arm around Chorong’s shoulder, walking slowly toward the carnival.

"I've always wanted to be kissed at the top of a Ferris wheel," Chorong says in a quiet voice along with a dreamy sigh. Bomi’s eyes are full of tenderness.

"Your fantasy is to be kissed at the top of the Ferris wheel? I can't wait to give that to you, sweetheart." And Bomi genuinely can’t wait.

Chorong pulls her toward the shooting gallery.

"Bbom-ah?" She’s using the cutest voice she could gather. “Win something for me?” Chorong bats her eyelashes and Bomi is unable to refuse her.

Her eyes immediately drift to the glass counter in front. It's full of trinkets – key chains, tiny ceramic mugs, gaudy plastic necklaces. Bomi points at a ring lying on its side. It's silver and chintzy; the band is one of those separated bands that you can squeeze to adjust. The ring part is thin and flat, an imperfect rectangle made of the same silver as the band. It's a playing card.

The queen of hearts.

It's perfect.

Chorong’s smile is incredible as Bomi exchanges a dollar bill for a rifle.

Bomi shoulders the gun, the attendant flips a switch, and the gallery roars to life. Bomi doesn't move for a long moment, she's studying the pattern.

Then, she moves.

She's firing so fast, and targets are spinning and flashing in rapid succession. She's pivoting at the waist, her feet planted firmly in the dirt, as she cracks off shot after shot.

Every single one hits its mark, and by the time the gallery grinds to a halt, Chorong is breathless and her eyes are shining.

Bomi glances smugly at her and the girl swallows thickly under her gaze. Bomi laughs and returns the gun.

Bomi points at the ring in the case, grinning like a fool at the attendant. She offers Chorong the ring proudly. Chorong thinks she has never seen an eye smile prettier than Bomi’s.

"Wear my ring?" She says and slides it onto Chorong’s ring finger and kisses her on the cheek, holding the black-haired girl’s hand. Chorong blushes harder than before.

"Bbom-ah, this is perfect," She whispers with a teary smile.

They spend the next few hours experiencing the carnival through each other’s eyes.

By the time Chorong and Bomi stumble off the tilt-a-whirl, holding one another up, Chorong is breathless and glowing. There are a million stars in her eyes and she's looking at Bomi like she’s the one who put them there.

Bomi wants to ask if she had fun on the ride, but something in the other girl’s face makes her hold her breath until she feels dizzy. Then Chorong is pushing into Bomi, arms around her neck. The dancer’s hands are immediately under the jacket, moulding naturally around Chorong’s upper ribs. She can feel Chorong’s breathing beneath her fingertips and she can feel the beginnings of the curve of her s with her thumb. It might be Bomi’s favourite place to touch so far.

"Ferris wheel?" Chorong breathes into Bomi’s ear. Bomi shivers.

"Ferris wheel."

They’re strolling hand in hand, making their way to the giant wheel illuminated high into the night sky.

"But aren’t you afraid of heights?" Bomi asks worriedly as they’re waiting in line. Bomi’s arms are around her again and Chorong playing with the auburn-haired girl’s fingers.

“Yeah, that’s why it is a fantasy.” She mumbles.

Before Bomi knows it, they’re snuggled into the Ferris wheel car and it's moving, forward and up into the night sky. It's so clear and the stars are so bright, they almost give Chorong’s eyes a run for their money. Almost.

They’re finally alone.

"So."

"So," Chorong’s playing the game, playing coy.

"We're on the Ferris wheel."

"We are."

"Rong," Bomi breathes. She wants to taste her; she needs to feel Chorong’s mouth pressed to hers. It's all she has wanted all day.

Bomi will never get over the adoration in Chorong’s face when the other girl looks at her. Chorong makes her forget herself, makes her feel gorgeous. Bomi only hopes Chorong can feel the same when Bomi looks at her.

"Can I kiss you now?" Bomi knows she must sound desperate, but she doesn’t care. She needs her.

"Bbom-ah," Bomi, once again, loves the way her name sounds on Chorong’s lips. "You'll kiss me."

There's a catch. She can hear it in her voice.

"But?"

"I just want you to know – it's going to be so good," she says, and Bomi chokes down a small squeak in the back of . "It's going to be the kind of kiss that is going to wreck you, Bomi."

Bomi trembles, and it isn’t because of the cold.

She pulls Chorong to her, kissing her. It's sweet and tender and it tastes like Chorong. Chorong wraps her fingers in Bomi’s hair and kiss her back… and this time, it's deep. It's not forceful, but it's so intense that their car is rocking back and forth. It's not just Chorong’s thumb at Bomi’s stomach, it's her whole hand, and it's insistent.

"God, Rong," She mumbles against her. Chorong drags her nails across Bomi’s abdomen, and her hips cant up. Bomi’s hands grip tightly into Chorong’s hair, pressing Chorong harder against her face. There is heat in , and when Chorong’s tongue slides against hers, she lets her head thumps sideways on the back of the car. Chorong follows and, even though Bomi’s eyes are closed, she can feel Chorong repositioning herself above her.

The black-haired girl abandons Bomi’s stomach and claws at her hip instead. Bomi wants to give her what she wants, to be closer, to feel her everywhere, but this space is small and awkward. The car is already swinging, and between that knowledge and the mewling sounds Chorong is pouring down Bomi’s throat, she’s completely lost.

Bomi wants Chorong’s hands on her. She wants them all over her.

Chorong pulls back slightly, breathless, and the auburn-haired girl have never seen that look on her face before.

It absolutely unhinges her.

"Chorong," She chokes out.

In answer, Chorong kisses her again, and Bomi gives herself up to her. She can have everything, all of hers. Anything she wants, it's Chorong’s.

Bomi’s a quivering mess, and all Chorong did was kiss her.

When they break apart, they’re both straining for air. Chorong’s eyes are dark, her hair a mess.

Bomi touches their foreheads together and breathes out 'wow' against her lips, and then she holds her while Chorong shivers against her.

"Rong," She says, locking into those delicious eyes. "You were right. That kiss did wreck me. God. You're amazing."

Chorong kisses her again, sweetly this time.

She's building her back up, and Bomi smiles against to show her that she knows it. Bomi cups Chorong’s neck, running her thumb over her jaw.

She tastes amazing, natural. She tastes like… like Park Chorong.

And that is more than enough for Yoon Bomi.

 

 

 

 

 


 Author's note: And it's a wrap! Finally, the end you guys :D

I think the last weekend before senior year, with Chomi being happy together, Eunji in a good place with herself, seeing briefly that Hajoo are still okay and Naeun being Naeun and totally fine, is a good place to end the story. Because if we continue to the senior year and then university, it would be endless. 

I know it was full of mistakes and confusions and hurried chapters lol but even with all of that, you guys were amazing. Thank you so much for your time, comments, feedback, suscriptions and upvotes. Let's meet each other again on the next stories <3.