Chapter 14

Third Time’s the Charm

Is breakfast time and Bomi is eagerly walking down the steps to get her stomach full on the morning. As she reaches the bottom of the stairs, she hears her mom’s voice coming from the kitchen, so she was definitely home.

She pushes open the door of her kitchen and stops dead on her tracks. Her palms begin to sweat and she tries to refrain from gaping like a fish, but she was pretty sure it isn’t working. Breakfast for three is set at the table and it looks like it had gone cold.

Her mom is sitting at the table with one of the family photo albums gushing over her pictures. And to her surprise, sitting next to her with an amused smile on her face, is Chorong. She looks tired. Her hair is in a messy, loose pony tail and it looks as if she'd just thrown on whatever was laying around and came over.

The black-haired girl still looks beautiful as ever.

El is the first to notice her and she smiles cheerfully, "Good morning, darling. We were beginning to think you weren't going to get up at all."

Chorong's smile turns into a grin.

Bomi stands still, rooted to her place. “Good morning."

"Good morning, Bomi-ah."

"Sit down, darling, eat your breakfast! Chorong here came knocking at 7:30, I already gave her something for breakfast."

Bomi sits down slowly across from Chorong, eyeing her warily.

The atmosphere is awkward. Even though Chorong knows why she is there, she doesn’t know how to start. Being a psychic again would surely come at hand right now.

The auburn-haired girl doesn’t know what to say either.

Currently, Chorong is completely avoiding Bomi's gaze, studiously flipping through the photo album. Every once in a while her eyebrow would twitch or her lips would quirk or let a giggle escape out of . It’s driving Bomi crazy.

Finally, El clears . "Well, girls, I have to get going to work. It was good to see you again, Chorong, darling."

Chorong smiles genuinely. "You too, ma’am."

"Bye, Mom," Bomi says softly.

 El hugs her and whispers in her ear. "Whatever it is, work it out."

Bomi stares after her mom. When she hears the front door close, she turns back to the black-haired girl, who’s still flipping through the photo album slowly, deliberately. Bomi opens and closes several times, clenching and unclenching her hands and then she takes a deep breath.

If Chorong wants to play the silent game, they will play the silent game.

Ten minutes later, Bomi is biting her tongue and Chorong is still looking at pictures. Bomi is close to grabbing the book and flinging it across the room.

"I don’t want to sound rude but, what are you doing here, Chorong?"

"Looking at you, Bomi," She lifts the photo album, "Apparently you really are some kind of dancing ninja. And you have been lying to me, you had been with Eunji-ah." Chorong flipped to a picture of Baby Bomi and Baby Eunji in a bathtub. She looks very amused.

Bomi growls embarrassed and lunges across the table for the book. Chorong jerks back quickly, a little too quickly, and her chair tips backwards.

For a second, when the chair seems to hesitate and Bomi meets Chorong's wide eyes, the dancer’s heart leaps up to , and then Chorong crashes to the floor. Bomi jumps out of her chair desperately, runs around the table, and kneels next to Chorong. The black-haired girl is starting to sit up, blinking rapidly. Bomi wraps an arm around her shoulders and helps her sit up the rest of the way. She runs her hands down Chorong's arms and then back up checking for injuries. She runs her fingers through Chorong's hair checking for bumps, "Are you okay? I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Chorong grimaces while standing fully, close to Bomi, shaking her head sadly. Defeated.

“I’m who’s sorry, Bbom-ah” Bomi feels her heart fluttering at the familiarity of the nickname, coming out of black-haired girl’s lips.

Chorong steps closer. She’s within arm’s reach.

"You were right when you said I was being indifferent to you, ignoring you… I was being mean.  I didn’t know how to deal with the fact that someone, especially you, could define me as a horrible person for what I’ve done. What I was doing was something that no one would believe… heck, if I wouldn’t have experienced it, I’d still assure anyone that wanted to hear me that reading minds is absolute garbage. Delusions. Impossible.”

Bomi catches her breath. "Chorong…"

"No," Chorong snaps, poking Bomi in the chest with her index finger, 'I'm not done yet. You wanted me to respond all summer? This is my response. I didn't want to think about it, but you made it impossible not to."

Bomi winces. She wants to hug Chorong and tell her that everything will be okay. She wants to smooth the frown away from her face. She wants to kiss her.

Instead, she stands there silently just like Chorong wants and waits for her to continue. Chorong's finger is still jabbed into her chest and she’s breathing heavily.

“Suddenly I had a miraculous power and could hear every though I wanted and I just couldn’t escape yours. I couldn’t help myself but to dive into your mind and your thoughts about me. You know why? Because they were everything I wanted you to feel about me. The Yoon Bomi who was supposed to hate me, didn’t at all."

Chorong's eyes are boiling with hot tears that refuse to spill over. Bomi clenches her fists tighter so she doesn’t reach out.

"But it wasn’t fair to you. For me to have complete control, to always be ahead of you, to invade your privacy. So when I could get rid of that curse, I wanted nothing that reminded me of it. Nothing that reminded me of how I used a greater gift for my personal gain. So I fought to stay away from you. Do you understand how much I wanted to erase that ridiculous part of my life from my memories?"

Bomi squeezes her eyes shut. Her heart aches and she doesn’t know if it aches for herself or for the girl standing in front of her. She can’t speak, so she just nods. Chorong's breath is coming out in hot bursts and she has moved close enough that Bomi can feel it on her face.

When the black-haired girl speaks again, her voice is low, but firm. "Good. Then you know what it means when I say that I want you more."

Bomi's eyes snaps wide open. "What?"

The hand that had been jabbing her flattened so that it is just resting against her chest.

Chorong's eyes are steady on hers.

"What I'm trying to say is… I’m sorry. I’m sorry for deceiving you, for ignoring you, for hurting you. I’m so sorry, you have no idea."

The auburn-haired girl places her hand softly on the other girl’s cheeks.

“I would love to try it again, if you still want to, Bbom-ah.” Her voice is soft.

Bomi's lips quirk. She feels like her chest is going to explode any minute on. "Are you saying that you want to be my girlfriend?"

Chorong gives a watery chuckle. "If I say yes, will you accept me?"

Bomi uses her thumb to wipe away the few tears that finally spilled. She circles Chorong’s waist with her free arm. "I guess you'll have to find out."

Chorong smiles beautifully.

The dancer’s eyes flicker toward the black-haired girl’s lips, her eyes holding tight until they flutter closed at the last possible moment.

For Bomi, there is nothing before this and there will be nothing after. She have missed this. And is even better than all the times before.

It's sweet and slow and so very tender, so different to their first kiss which was desperate. This time, they are savouring and taking their time, meeting once again. And then Chorong tilts her head just so and it's – ah! – it's simply magical. Incredibly, Bomi experiences every lame cliché at once: the fireworks exploding behind her eyes, the soaring symphony, butterflies in her stomach, weak knees.

Bomi can’t help but smile into Chorong’s kiss, and the auburn-haired girl is beyond intoxicated when she feels her smiling back.

When Bomi pulls gently away, Chorong is completely stunned.

They have returned to each other.

 


 

 

Authors' note:

Hi guys! How are you? 

I'm so sorry for updating so many days later and with a short chapter, but I hope you like it.

Also, as this story is nearing its end, I have several ideas for long chaptered fanfics and one shots, so probably finishing this, I'll immediately start wiritng another one. The catch here is that I don't know which one to write... 

... maybe, if it turns out well, might be the Chomi one shot based on their Rebody photoshoot lol.