e i g h t

neverland

"Rise and shine princess!" Daeul was barely awake but she tried her best to open her eyes.

She blinked and blinked again. Taeyong was on her bed looking unreal as ever.

'God I need to stop'

"What are you doing- Taeyong stop jumping on my bed oh my god." It's hard for Daeul to believe it.

Taeyong was probably a 22 years old adult with the soul of a 5 years old.

"Not until you fully wake up." He said still jumping and hopping on her bed.

"Fine, I'm awake now." She said standing up. She's still sleepy though. Probably because she slept late last night.

Taeyong stopped jumping and got down from her bed finally. "Good. Now go and take your shower first and we'll have breakfast together."

"Okay." She said he left her room. She chose to wear something comfy.

So she decided to wear a plain black shirt and track bottoms. It'll be easier for her to walk around Neverland like that since she's not done yet with exploring it.

Once she finished getting ready, she walked to the dining hall that doesn't even looked like a dining hall because it's outdoors.

"Good morning everyone!" She beamed happily.

"Good morning to you too Daeul. It's nice to see you smile. Smile a lot next time." Johnny advised.

"What's for breakfast?" She asked excitedly.

"Roaches and frogs," Yuta answered blatantly.

"What!?" Both Daeul and Chenle exclaimed.

"Oh wow. That's something new." Haechan finally spoke up.

"That's gross!" Mark commented.

"You're gross," Jisung whispered.

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing."

"Say that again-"

"Breakfast is ready!" Jaehyun shouted.

"Nooooooo! I don't want to eat insects!" Lucas closed his eyes and shook his head a few times.

"I don't raise you guys up to end up as fools." Taeyong shook his head, disappointed but not surprised. 

"Now now kids don't be a fool. Yuta was just kidding. We  are not at that level where we don't have enough food supplies to eat." Taeyong sighed.

Yuta just grinned at them. They all let out a relieved sigh. "Phew, I really thought we're gonna eat that." Daeul sighed.

"I woke up late today so I only made some pancakes for breakfast." Jaehyun rubbed his nape.

"That's fine. As long as we don't have to eat ehem ehem roaches and frogs." Doyoung cleared his throat, mocking Yuta.

"Kids instead of doing pointless things, why don't all of you take Daeul on a tour later? That would be better." Johnny pointed out.

"Carving our names on stones are not pointless!"Chenle defended. "But okay, we'll show the wonders of Neverland to Daeul today." He said cutely.

"Aw, thanks, Chenle!" Daeul smiled.

They all ate in silence and finished quickly. After breakfast, the kids waited for Daeul to take her on the tour.

"Guys." Taeyong started. "We need to have a serious talk," Taeyong said seriously.

He'd informed Taeil and Johnny beforehand so that they could keep Daeul and the kids busy.

"What is it about?" Doyoung asked curiously. He smelled something fishy.

"They found out about Daeul."

"Wha- How?"

Taeyong ruffled his hair in frustration. "I don't know either."

"What do we do now?" Ten panicked. "Daeul's life is in danger."

"That's what we're trying to figure out now," Taeil said calmly.

"We have to do something. " Taeyong said quietly. 

"Like what?" Jungwoo asked.

"I have an idea. But I need everyone's cooperation to make this work." Kun mumbled.

💦

"Hey let's bring Daeul to the farm!" Lucas suggested.

"There's a farm here??"

"Yeah! You'd love it!" Chenle said enthusiastically.

"Let's bring her then!" Jaemin exclaimed. He's thrilled to show her what's waiting for her at the farm.

They walked a bit more, passing by the swan lake which made Daeul stopped in her tracks to admire the swans.

They arrived at the farm and Jeno and Jaemin ran into the farm first, screaming names.

"Freddy! Percy!" Was all she heard.

They walked into the farm and the first thing she saw was bunnies hopping around the farm.

"Oh my god they're so adorable!" She squealed.

"Wait till you meet the others," Mark said.

They walked through an arc that somehow looked like a rainbow arc and boom! They're walking on the clouds!

"Woah!" She exclaimed feeling unbalanced.

Haechan held her arm tightly to balance her again.

"You'll get used to this. It's nothing actually. You just have to walk casually and there you go." He let go of her hand to find that she's balancing herself on her own.

"IS THAT UNICORNS?! AM I DREAMING? SOMEONE PINCH ME PLEASE." Lucas pinched her and she's back to her senses.

"Ouch! It's real!" Daeul was running around like a 5-year-old girl who just got her ice cream.

The boys watched her and smiled. That's how they reacted too at first. She's not the only one.

"Who's up for a unicorn race?" Jaemin wriggled his eyebrows.

"Meeeh!"

"I'm gonna beat your asses down losers," Jisung said.

"Language child language." Mark scolded him.

"But how am I gonna race? I don't have a unicorn." Daeul said sadly.

"Who said you don't?" Jeno questioned, a violet pink unicorn beside him neighing. "It's yours from now onwards. Name it."

"Really?! Oh my god it's so cute and fluffy! Can I name it Phoebe?" Daeul asked excitedly.

"Sure! Hello there Phoebe! Be good to your master!" He patted the unicorn.

The race started in no time. Jaemin and Chenle were leading. Daeul was behind Chenle. Too bad she's still not used to riding a unicorn.

The race ended with Jaemin as the winner and Chenle as the 2nd runner-up followed by Daeul.

"You're not bad for a first-timer." Lucas praised her. She could only grin at him.

It was getting later so they headed back for dinner.  After that Daeul went to her room and passed out. She never knew riding a unicorn could be this tiring.

Outside, the boys gathered for a meeting. Discussing the master plan Kun had arranged.

It's gonna be tough but they can work this out.

As a family.