s i x

neverland

"You what?!"

"I. Want. To. Go. Back. To. Earth." Daeul said emphasising each word.

"Wha- why? Do you not like it here? Do you not feel safe here? Did something happened?" Taeyong kept attacking her with questions.

"Whoa chill there. I wanted to go back because I needed to take some um things."

"Phew, you should've told me earlier. I thought you wanted to leave Neverland to go back to Earth." Taeyong sighed.

"You almost gave me a heart attack. You should know that old people like me get heart attack easily." He continued.

"Huh? Don't tell me you're like immortal or something and you're like 300 years old-"

"There's no such thing pshh. I'm 23 years old."

"And you call yourself old?"

"Well, I'm obviously old compared to you."

"I'm 19 years old and there's not much difference between you and me Taeyong."

"Are you trying to fight me?"

"Am not! You know what- just forget it. Tell me when I can go back to Earth and pick my things up."

"Okay."

She was about to leave but stopped halfway when a sudden realisation hit her.

"But how will I get into my house. Like won't my family notice me even if I sneak in?"

"There's something very important I forgot to tell you."

"Well, you see." He started. "Once you're in Neverland, you and your whole existence will be forgotten on Earth. So it's like they won't recognise you anymore."

formed an o when he was explaining. But the thoughts of her family forgetting her existence saddens her a bit.

It's true that they treated her badly and abandoned her but she still loves them no matter what they did to her.

Her eyes were teary and Taeyong noticed that.

"Wanna cry?" He asked her because it's obvious that she's at the verge of crying.

"Can I?"

"Sure. C'mere." He said pulling her into a hug.

Taeyong understands how it feels like. The feeling of being invisible to everyone. He experienced it a long time ago.

She hugged him back, crying her heart out. Taeyong's right hand patted her back and his left hand held her head close to his chest.

"Time to move on okay? You have us now." He said. He knew she needed to let it all out. It was hard for him too at first.

Daeul nodded, still sobbing.

'He gives good hugs.' She thought. 'And his words were so calming'

She wondered how he did that. Slowly she let go of Taeyong and wiped her tears with her sleeves.

"Are you okay now?"

Daeul nodded taking a deep breath. "Better. Thank you-you know for comforting me." She's kinda awkward with him now after the hug.

She wondered where she got the courage from. She's never the type to hug people but it's different when it comes to Taeyong.

He gives off this' hug me' vibe.

"How about you get ready and we'll gather in a short while for dinner?"

"Sounds great. Be right back." She said and he nodded, smiling.

"Oh and you should wash up and maybe change into a new shirt. It's stained with my tears."

"Oh haha don't mind 'bout that."

"Sorry." She said sheepishly.

"Nah."

-

Jaehyun cooked again that night but with Yuta and Doyoung's help. As expected Yuta and Doyoung bickered a lot and Jaehyun as the youngest tried to stop them but who is he? Taeil?

Daeul can't deny the fact that these guys can cook better than her. How did they even know all these things?

The dining table was quite loud that night since the lost boys were there too. They looked exhausted.

"Are you guys tired?" Daeul questioned Jaemin.

"Kinda? We overplayed today hihi." He replied.

"If only Haechan didn't ask us to extend the game, I could've continued my drawing," Renjun said pouting.

"You wanted a 3rd round!" Haechan defended.

"Fine whatever," Renjun said. He's obviously so done with him.

"Dinner's ready!" Yuta and Jaehyun walked and placed the plates down.

They all ate silently without quarrelling. 'Finally.' Taeil thought.

"Daeul we're going back to Earth this night," Taeyong said.

"This night?!" Daeul's eyes widened in surprise. That poor girl almost choked.

"I figured out it's easier since it's night and your family would be sleeping." He said calmly.

"Here." Johnny passed Daeul a glass of water. She gulped the water and sighed. "Okay then."

-

"Who else is going?"

"You, me, Jaehyun, Yuta, Kun and Haechan," Taeyong answered.

"Ok, we're ready." Haechan, Yuta and Jaehyun popped out of nowhere.

"Daeul drink this and imagine your house." Yuta gave her a bottle of something that smelled awful.

"Ew, what's this?"

"A potion is never delicious and it's always smelly," Yuta replied.

"He probably dumped bird in that," Jaehyun said earning a smack from Yuta.

"Quick guys drink it and imagine your destination as Daeul's house," Taeyong said and drank it. And then he disappeared.

Yuta was next. Followed by Daeul and Donghyuck. Jaehyun was last.

The potion tasted horrible Daeul thought she could die.

In a blink of an eye, they reached her house and they're in her living room.

Her family was there too.

"Holy ! How did you get into here- MOM SOMEONE BROKE INTO OUR HOUSE!"