Mission 3: Spend Some Time With Him

Mission Abort
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yuta was sitting on the floor, wiping every sweat from his face and neck. He felt so exhausted after two rounds of dancing that Taeyong had choreographed for the upcoming Mr. and Ms. NCT University. They were told by the campus admin that they need to perform on the pageant night which will happen next week. Panic came to Taeyong's mind that he held a long meeting that day and made a choreo in just one night.

Being a talented dancer he is, Taeyong successfully finished making the choreography after six hours. But it is really visible in his eyes that he hadn't sleep that much yet. Yuta is very concerned that he always watches every move that his crush is doing. Not that he's stalking him, he's just very concerned.

"Okay.. break is over. From the top!" Taeyong clapped his hands and went to the middle of the studio. Yuta let out a sigh again and stands up to follow the team's leader's moves.

 

 

 

Doyoung was walking on the hallway when he saw a little crowd gathering in front of the bulletin board. Being a nosy person he is, he took a peek on what's going on.

"The campus admin already posted the contestants from each department." Said the young Chinese guy with braces.

"And our department's representative is a nice choice." Added by the blue haired fluffy boy. In Doyoung's mind, he reminds him of Sadness from Inside Out.

"Yeah... Jaehyun is such a strong contender and I know he'll win this one." Doyoung's ears perked up when he heard the name of his one and only crush. He looked at the one who said it and saw Ten looking at him with his knowing eyes. Doyoung couldn't help but to roll his huge eyes and ignore the Thai male. He was about to walk out when he heard Johnny.

"And he's going to be partnered with Joy. She's so lucky." Doyoung had enough. He quickly went to the basketball court and tried to find Jaehyun. Unfortunately, his team mates were there but he's nowhere to be seen. They said that he's still in the meeting with the campus admin for the upcoming pageant. Doyoung then walked out the court and decided to wait outside the office of the campus admin.

 

 

 

"Can we take a little rest first?" That Jeno boy said as he lied on the floor, panting. After three straight hours of practicing, they're still on the first part of the dance. There's still more moves that they need to learn but it's too difficult to learn in just one day mostly when you have other things to worry about.

"After that, we'll try again from the top." Said Taeyong who grabbed his towel and wiped his face from sweat. "We need to finish at least the middle part."

"But we have exams tomorrow, hyung. We still need to study." Jaemin said as he gives the excess water to his best friend and classmate, Jeno. Yuta can see the frown forming from Taeyong's forehead and he knew that this is bad. Yuta then stood up from where he is sitting and faced his team mates.

"Uhm.. this is actually my first time to speak up like this since I'm new but the kids are right, Taeyong. We need some rest since our minds and bodies are all tired now that it can't function properly to memorize all the steps. We can do it tomorrow with more energy and believe me, we can finish learning it in just one day." Taeyong looked at him then at his team who were all agreeing to Yuta. He took a deep sigh, nodded his head and stood up from the floor.

"Lets meet again tomorrow at the same time. Okay? No late comers please?"

Everybody cheered up and picked their own clothes to take a shower and dress up. Yuta and Taeyong stayed inside which made Taeyong curious.

"Why are you still here?"

"Cause I know that you'll practice again. You need to rest too, you know. You just finished the choreo last night without any sleep. If you won't stop that, you'll faint tomorrow." Yuta said while fixing his things inside his bag. Taeyong doesn't even make a move and he's just sitting on the floor with the mirror behind him.

"I can handle myself, Yuta. I still have more things to do." Taeyong answered lazily. "I still need to buy our costumes and we only have five days left."

"You can't just do all the work. We're a team, right?"

"But.."

"No buts. Just let us do the buying and have some rest. You're our only pillar." Taeyong, for the first time, smiled that day. Yuta took the moment to count every teeth Taeyong showed. He loves to see him smile most especially if he's the reason why.

"Still.. I need to be there to know what colors matches everyone." Taeyong i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter