The Past Slowly Revealed

A Complicated Kind of Love

Bom ah. Mom & dad are very sorry for hiding all of this from you. We had to wait till you are all grown up for you to be able to understand the situation a lot better.

My daughter, Park Bom. We are not your biological parents. Your real name is Lee Soo Hae and the name of your real biological mother is Song Ji Min.

Truthfully, we have no intention of hiding this from you but we prioritize your happiness first and how you will be able to take it all in. Know that we both love you so much.

Bom hands were shaking. She fell to the floor. All the information in the letter feels surreal to her. Tears wouldn’t stop streaming on her puffy cheeks. So many questions are in her head.

…..

“Yah! Park Jung So! You saw Bommie?” Chaerin went to Bom’s class to find her.

“Nope! She did not come to school today.” Bom’s classmate answered.

“Aigoo. This is unlike her. She did not pick my calls. She never ever skips school before and will always enthusiastically find me during break time. Something is definitely wrong.” Chaerin muttered to herself.

The class already begins 10 minutes ago.

Chaerin went in and pack her bags…

“Sorry Professor Han, I will have to skip class today. You can mark me as absent. I do not mind.” Chaerin quickly rushes out of class while sweating profusely and panicking.

“Alright, we shall continue with cla…” Professor Han was about to say before he was interrupted.

“Sorry Professor Han, I have to go too.” Said Donghae. He quickly packs his notes and books feeling worried about Chaerin.

Few seconds after Donghae left the class,

“I have to go too Professor Han!” Heechul quickly pack his stuffs too.

Professor Han is in a state of confusion not understanding what is going on.

Meanwhile the class starts to whisper…

“What happen?” “Aigoo…Love triangle?” “Tsk. That seducer Chaerin. Seems like she has gotten both boys.”

…..

Donghae is able to catch up with Chaerin, he grabbed her arms,

“Yah! Can you explain to me what’s wrong with you?” Donghae asked.

Heechul came right behind.
“Yah! How could you make me feel worried leaving the class just like that?!” Heechul scold Chaerin. Chaerin stared at Heechul. “No. I mean I’m confused, not worried.” He tried to cover up because his embarrassed.

At that moment, Chaerin started to tear up.

The tears that got both the boys speechless knowing Chaerin has always put a fierce and strong image.

“I need to find Bom, she did not pick up my calls. She always come to school but today she didn’t. I need to know why. I need to find her. I have a bad feeling that something bad happened to her.” Chaerin explained with tears streaming down her face.

“Okay. We’ll go and find her alright. Now stop crying.” Heechul said while reaching out to hug her.

Donghae just stood there not knowing what to do and feeling awkward.

“Let’s go to her house.” Donghae suggested.

…..

“Yah! Bom! Park Bom! Open up! I’m here! Bom ah!” Chaerin shouted outside of her house.

Chaerin suddenly remembered that these 2 best friends have each other’s home key. She did not know that she will have to use this emergency key one day.

Bom was laying on the floor. Her face is pale. With the letter still on her hands.

Chaerin’s knees fell to the floor seeing her friend’s condition.

“Call the ambulance.” Chaerin said softly.

Heechul and Donghae stood there looking shocked and not knowing what to do.

“YAH! I said call the ambulance! Faster!” Chaerin screamed.

…..

At the hospital…

Both of the them, Heechul and Donghae sat beside Chaerin.

“She was my bestest friend. I’ve known her since we were 8. It’s been 12 years. She’s the one who understand me the most. I promised her before that no matter what, I will always be by her side protecting her. I’m such a bad friend right?” Chaerin let out her feelings.

The boys have no clue on how to reply her and just afford to sigh.

The doctor came out 5 minutes later…

“What’s wrong with her doctor?”

“She had an acute stress reaction that immediate causes her pulse to weaken and eventually passed out. She will have to stay warded for a few days till her condition stabilised.” The doctor explained.

“She will wake up around half an hour more. You can wait and stay inside if you want to. Ensure the patient does not talk too much and need to have sufficient rest.” The doctor advised.

“Yes doctor.” Chaerin answered.

“It’s 12pm. We still have 2 hours of school. The both of you can go while you still can gain the knowledge.” Chaerin persuaded Heechul and Donghae to go back to school.

“We will stay!” Both of them answered simultaneously that made Chaerin smile a little.

“Alright. Up to you.” Chaerin said.

“Your face looks pale. You should do a check-up too since we are here.” Advised Donghae.

“No. I need to see Bom first. I need to see how she is doing. If anything happens to her, I can never ever forgive myself.” Chaerin insisted.

Heechul and Donghae just kept quiet.

“I’ll go and buy food for you guys.” Heechul offered.

“Gomawo Heechul ah.” Chaerin sincerely said.

Few minutes later,

“Chaerin ah, you want to hear a secret?” Donghae asked.

“What?” Chaerin confused.

“I am the son of the head director of SM High School. I lied to my father saying that I came to YG High School to be independent but actually I found the hidden letter saying that I have a younger sister named Lee Soo Hae, so the real purpose of coming to YG High School is to find her.” Donghae explained.

“Do you want to know my secret?” Chaerin asked Donghae back.

Donghae nods.

“But don’t believe too much because I can be a total liar.” Chaerin jokingly said.

“You may think my life is fine. I have a well-known mother who is a popular pianist. The truth is, I feel pressured that I have to attend piano lessons as my mom wanted me to follow her footsteps. I actually aspire to become a writer. Another secret. My mum and I will be probably be migrating to LA soon.” Chaerin shared.

Donghae looks saddened at Chaerin’s last sentence. Before he could say anything.

“Bom ah. You’re awake.” Chaerin said softly to not frightened her.

“I’m here. Donghae and Heechul is here too…You are not alone. You rest first alright. We’ll talk as soon as you get better.”

Bom nods. She still looks weak.

“I’m staying here with Bom. Thank you so much for your company. I really appreciate. You may go if you have other things to do.” Chaerin said to Donghae.

He nods. When he was about to leave…

“No… Stay.” Bom said softly.

Chaerin and Donghae looks shocked. Considering Donghae and Bom are not close.

“I just needed to have people around me so that I can feel secured. Please…” Bom pleads to Donghae.

“Yeah. Of course, I can stay.” Donghae said while smiling.

“His smile. Why is his smile so calming to me?” Bom thought to herself.

“I’m back!!!” The usual energetic Heechul came back with hands full of porridge, biscuits and drinks.

…..

That night, Bom’s condition seems to get better. Both Heechul and Donghae went back few hours ago.

“Are you ready to tell me what happened Bom ah?” Chaerin hesitantly asked.

“Yeah. All is well. I’m ready and I’m healthy!” Bom answered with a high tone of voice.

Both laughs before getting into a tense situation.

“Chaerin ah. I find out that my parents who died in our apartment are not my real parents. My biological mum is named, Song Ji Min. I need to find out more about my real biological parents Chaerin ah. I need to find them.”

Chaerin kept quiet. She hugged Bom to give her the assurance that she will be there and try to help no matter what happens.

“What a coincidence. Her situation. It sounds so similar to Donghae. How can one’s situation complements so well with another person’s problem.” Chaerin thought to herself.

“Hey… As long as I’m here. You have got nothing to worry about. I’m here and now, we also have Heechul and Donghae whom we can also depend on. Don’t worry alright. I promised you remember? It’s just that I couldn’t fulfil just now and now I feel so apologetic. I’m really sorry Bom ah. I should have known better.” Chaerin feels sorry.

“No Chaerin ah. The fact that you remember me, came to me and brought me to the hospital already means a lot to me. You didn’t know, didn’t you? So, it’s not your fault. Please never ever blame yourself.” Bom comfort Chaerin who is feeling guilty.

Bom then hugged Chaerin tightly.

“There you go. Here’s how tight I will hold on to our friendship!” Bom said.

Both of them then laughs.

…..

Meanwhile, Donghae starts to realise his feelings towards Chaerin.

Donghae keeps on tossing and turning on bed not being able to sleep thinking about Chaerin’s words.

“She’s moving. Then what about me. What am I going to do without her? I love her. I just know it. The feeling I get when she’s close to me. When she gave me the assurance that she will help me find my sister. The feeling of jealousy knowing she’s close to Heechul’s family and the feeling of disappointment seeing her laying her head on Heechul’s shoulders instead of mine.”