Playboy Kim Heechul

A Complicated Kind of Love

“Alright. We are going to have a school project that requires you to have to have a partner to work with for 2 months. I will want the list of names on my table here to be filled up by the end of today.” Says Professor Nam.

The class bell rang to indicate the end of class. Suddenly, a man moved closer to Chaerin looking right into her eyes. It is not even surprised that Chaerin was not shocked and did not even blink or feel nervous. It is like she had already expected this to happen.

“Yah, you have a pair yet?” says the school’s most famous playboy known for his attention seeking attitude, Kim Heechul.

Chaerin stood up, Heechul moved a bit thinking she is going to leave till he heard the voice that is rarely heard in class.

“Are you sure you want to pair with me? You won’t regret it?” She smirked.

“Why should I? You are smart, pretty, kind and the list goes on and on. So, deal?” Heechul said confidently.

“Deal.” Chaerin looked nervous.

“Tsk… You actually believed all that?” He whispered while walking away.

Chaerin left the school after writing their names on the paper.

A group of men with full bodied tattoos was seen crowding around Heechul. They seemed to be threatening him, asking him to pay them the money he owed.

Chaerin couldn’t believe her eyes. The man, Kim Heechul who has always been hyper in school is looking so timid and small in front of those men.

“He can be a jerk sometimes but…” Without hesitating, she ran over to the 4 men and said in a tough tone, “How much did he owe?” They said, “200 000 Won”.

She rummages into her wallet. “There you go. Don’t you ever dare to find him and disturb him ever again. You understand?!”

“Yah, follow me.” Heechul grabbed Chaerin’s arms. She felt puzzled.

“Is this the man I know? Is this the ‘Like to Show Off Heechul’ I know? Is this the man who is always attention seeking?” She thought to herself while looking at his poor home condition.

Heechul’s mother, Mrs Kim is seen lying on bed looking pale and sick. “Mrs Kim, I’m Lee Chaerin. I’m sorry for coming here so surprisingly.” Said Lee Chaerin politely while caressing her hand. “It’s okay. Anyways, Heechul barely brings anyone home before that I feel so lonely. Now, not anymore.” Mrs Kim let out a small laughter. Chaerin is just smiling and chuckles.

“That smile. That sweet smile that she has never showed in school. Why is my heart beating so fast?” Heechul is in deep thoughts.

Heechul said sorry and he promised to Chaerin that he will pay her money back slowly. Chaerin declined but he insisted of paying and jokingly saying he is tough man who never has to depend on anyone. Afterwards Chaerin stared at his solemn face after he laughed. It was an awkward and silent moment for a minute.

“Okay! See you tomorrow in school. We’ll only talk after school is over and only to discuss on the project. Remember that.” Chaerin warned him.

“Yah?! I know…” Heechul said confidently.