chapter 7

Is this love?

"Hyung i miss Joy!" Daniel scream and throw pillows to Seongwoo.

He really miss Joy, they are not talking that much for a week as Joy was casted in a new mini drama again. And he was busy with practice and schedules. Today marks their 4th month of friendship. Only friends. That's what they said to their members. Wanna One members thought Joy was his girlfriend, they way his mood changes and how brighter he became after Joy call or text him. 

Daniel was jealous of Seongwoo who get to see Joy on music show last month since he became an MC. He is also jealous of Jihoon who get to meet Yeri for dinner yetserday and what he get to know, Joy was there for while before she left for her schedules. He was sulking the whole night, Joy told him that Yeri drag her to a restaurant and when she realise that Jihoon was there too. They talk for only half an hour because she need to rush back to SM. She didn't know Yeri is meeting Jihoon. Daniel was upset with himself. He should ask her to go out for dinner but he can't because of he is afraid to get caught again by public.

Well the other day when he and Minhyun decided to go out for movie at Busan, got caught by public. He was actually wearing mask but Minhyun told him that it was really obvious that he is Kang Daniel. He decided to not go out meeting anyone cause it will be to obvious for him. Now he need to find some secret place to hang out with Joy, where they won't get caught. Their schedules has not overlap since the last award shows. No he is hopping to meet her at any variety shows but its been a month still no news.

After the last few weeks where the news broke out about him dating a girl was out. He became worried. He don't want to make any mistakes again and he trust Joy. Joy accept him no matter how moody he gets or how childish he is. She is a sunbae so she gave him a lot of advices. Now he just want to see Joy face, he miss her.

"AHHH!" Daniel is showing his childish side by throwing his pillows to Jisung who just walk in his room.

"Yah stop it Daniel! Yah!" Jisung try to dodge the pillows and the soft toys that was thrown to him. Jisung just walk in to ask the two boys inside the room to eat but was bombarded with pillows.

Daniel stop when there is no pillows at his bed. He smile sheepishly looking innocent to Jisung. Jisung who looks furious walk towards Daniel and beat him using the pillows he took at the floor. Daniel scream in pain and ran towards Seongwoo who just smiling and laughing looking at this two childishness. He try to help Daniel but he was beat up too. The three of them start their pillow fights, running around their room and dorm. 

The other boys just laugh and shake their heads looking at the three antics.

"Yah stop it, come and eat!" Minhyun shouted to them.

The three boys stop their fights and went towards the dining table to get their food. The boys ate together infront of the TV while watching drama. Woojin's idea to watch this Goblin drama that was playing rerun.

"Hyung let's watch Goblin! they are having rerun now." Woojin says after he came across the drama while changing channels.

The others just says okay and watch the drama. Daniel was engrossed in his food that he didn't realize that his phone in his room is ringing. His ringtone is not loud enough with the noise from the TV and the other boys talking. 

The person who has been calling him for a few times is Joy. She has been calling him but he didn't answer. She knew that he is having a rest day today so she decided to call him after she end her practice. She walk towards her room and wait for him to call her back but she was too tired that she fall asleep in her bed. 

 

Daniel was bickering with Jisung about food in the living room when Jihoon suddenly tap his back.

"Hyung, Can i borrow your phone? i want to play the game you has been talking about." Jihoon ask Daniel.

"Oh i think i left my phone at my room. Can you get it for me?" Daniel realise his phone is not with him.

Jihoon just nod and walk towards Daniel room. Jihoon walk inside and see how messy the room is. Pillows everywhere. He just shake his head and search for Daniel phone in between of the pillows.

"Ah found it." Jihoon says after finding Daniel phone.

Jihoon press the lock button and saw 5 missed calls. He run out to Daniel and shove the phone to him.

"Hyung you has 5 missed calls." Jihoon says.

"Huh 5?" Daniel took his phone from Jihoon and he was shocked to see Joy's name.

"Oh no! she has been calling me. Wait Jihoon, i need to call her now." Daniel said, walking away from the living room.

Daniel walk towards his room and call Joy back but no one answer. Weird it's only 9pm, he thought she has practice till 11 today. He was worried to see the number of missed calls and kept calling her. 

"Joy please answer your phone" Daniel whisper to himself.

 

Joy phone has been ringing for awhile, Yeri woke up from her bed and walk towards Joy's bed. She search for Joy phone under the bed and saw Daniel's name appear at the screen.

She smirk, this is the time to prank him. 

Yeri quietly took Joy's phone and bring her phone outside. She sat at the sofa in the living room. She is feeling mischievous now since Daniel has woken her up.

Daniel name appears again at Joy's phone. She decided to take the call.

She put the phone to ear and kept quiet.

 

"Joy are you there? Why did you call me just now?"

"Are you okay Joy?"

"Hello Joy, Are you there?" 

Daniel grew furious when Joy didn't answer.

Yeri was trying to control her laughter.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH" Yeri shouted on the phone.

She quickly end the call and off the phone. She laugh to herself thinking how furious Daniel is.

 

On the other side, Daniel was shocked to hear a girl screaming. He thought it was Joy screaming, so he ran out from his room. He walk to the boys, he need to ask someone help but he is scared if the matter grew worst so he walk towards Jihoon. Jihoon was shocked when Daniel drag him to his room, he was actually playing a game inside his phone.

"Hyung why are you dragging me! Hyung!" 

Daniel ask Jihoon to sit at the edge of his bed. He look at Jihoon.

"Jihoon, i think something must has happen to Joy. She call me a few times and when i call her back just now, she didn't answer at all. After i am not sure how many times, someone answers and i heard a girl shouting. What should we do?" Daniel ask furiously.

"Huh, relax hyung, explain to me slowly." Jihoon said.

Daniel explain again from the start and slowly to Jihoon.

"Ah so you are worried something happen to Noona. Wait i will call Yeri to ask about Noona." Jihoon said calmly, he is not sure if this is serious or not.

He had a gut feeling that this is prank from the girls.

Jihoon took out his phone and call Yeri.

 

"Hello Yeri, Is Joy noona there?" Jihoon said calmly, he saw how nervous and worried Daniel is. 

'How about i prank him.' Jihoon said to himself

Yeri laugh after Jihoon call to ask about Joy. Daniel is really something huh. 

"She is okay but pretend to be shocked, let's prank him" Yeri said micheviously.

Jihoon quickly act to be shocked.

 

"Really! Oh my god!" Jihoon exclaim.

Daniel heart drops when he heard Jihoon exclaim, he grew worried on what happen to Joy.

"Hyung.." Jihoon said and look at him.

Jihoon is still on the phone with Yeri. Yeri was giggling when she heard how good Jihoon is acting like something has happen to Joy.

"Jihoon pretend Joy is not back yet after practice and put Daniel on the phone. I will pretend to be crying." Yeri said on the phone.

She quickly put on act, she sobs loudly.

Daniel who just put the phone on his ear heard Yeri sobbing.

"Oppa Joy unnie, Oppa.." Yeri sobs.

Luckily she learn how to act, she is putting on a good use of the drama she has been watching and the lesson SM has send her. She sobs harder.

"Unnie.."

Daniel was worried, he ask her what happen to Joy but Yeri didn't tell him. She kept crying and sobbing Joy's name. He look at Jihoon, who is looking worried.

"What happen? Tell me Jihoon!" Daniel ask Jihoon.

Jihoon try to supress his laugh, Daniel is really worried for his Noona. He looks like his soul has left and his face turn pale. He saw how shaking Daniel is. 

'Let's end this before it grew worst' Jihoon said to himself.

 

"Hyung put on speaker, let me say something to Yeri." Jihoon said.

Yeri heard everything, she wish she can see Daniel reactions right now.

"Yah Yeri! Stop crying! Let's stop this, Daniel will be dead if this goes on." Jihoon said to Yeri. 

Yeri and Jihoon laugh like crazy people.

"HAHAHAHA!"

Daniel eyes were teary, he was really worried and wanted to know what happen to Joy but when he heard laughter from Jihoon and Yeri, he was shocked.

"Why are you guys laughing? Tell me what happen to Joy!" Daniel who is still clueless ask both of them.

"Hyung nothing happens to Joy, it was a prank by Yeri!" Jihoon said and quickly ran out from Daniel's room.

 

Daniel was angry with this two kids but he actually felt relieved everything was a prank.

He sigh loudly. 

'It was just a prank, Daniel' He said to himself

But he can't brush off the worries he is having towards Joy. He don't know what will happen to him if something bad happens to Joy. He was seriously worried for her. He was scared. He still needs Joy beside him as a friend.

Maybe more than that but not now. When it is time.

 

Daniel took his phone and texted Joy.

'Joy something happen when you were asleep just now. My heart almost broke into pieces with our brothers and sister prank. Will let you know when you woke up later.' 

He texted again.

'Joy i was scared, i thought i lose you.'

 

 

 

 

Back to Jihoon and Yeri.

Both of them are laughing like hell on the phone. Jihoon who run towards the bathroom, lock the door, scared Daniel will come and get him.

"Yah Yeri, you should have seen Daniel expression just now, he was really worried and nervous" Jihoon told Yeri.

"Ah really, You should have record it and yah we should do it longer." Yeri said.

"Yah i am scared Daniel will run to your dorm looking for Joy. You know how spontaneous Daniel is" Jihoon said.

"Okay okay but if i want to prank them again, we need to plan." Yeri told Jihoon.

Jihoon laugh listening how mischievous Yeri is. The girl who use to run around playing with him becoming so mischevious. He miss her and the other trainees, especially the red velvet members and some NCT members. He remember how his NCT hyungs will play a prank on him and Yeri making both of them cries, expecially Yeri and look what happen to Yeri. This is the hyungs and noonas fault.

"Yeri ah next time let's prank the others like Taeyong hyung and Joohyun noona, we need to pay them back for making us cry last time." Jihoon said.

"Oh yes let's prank them again."

Yeri and Jihoon can't wait to get their revenge on others. 

Jihoon still remember how Daniel looks when Yeri cries, he saw the look he didn't saw before. He thought if their dorm is near, Daniel will definitely run to thier dorm, searching for Joy. He was worriedly thinking about Joy. He doubts his eyes when he saw Daniel teary eyes.

 

Is Daniel that worried for her?

Will he do everything for her?

 

One thing is playing on his mind right now.

Daniel is really fallen for Joy, more that he expect him to.