chapter 6

Is this love?

Joy look around her surroundings, she sat at the end of the room in the waiting room with her phone in her hand. She is waiting for him to text her. His news is all over the internet when she woke up in the morning. He also didn't text her like usually, she was disappointed. Is he playing with her this whole time? She did not know why her heart felt suffocate with news about him and the woman. She was confused with everything, she has open up to him for those few months they were friends. 

Joy sigh again, her mind is somewhere else thinking about herself, she is still naive for believing man words. Believing Daniel words. Is he really genuine being her friend? Or is she the same as other man she has met? She wanted to cry and slap herself being the naive girl.

Joy ignore her members words and didn't talk to anyone even the stylist or manager. She just let her emotions playing with her. Being ready the first for the concert, she sat alone the whole time at the waiting room. The people around her are talking about Daniel with the girl, they were talking how disappointed they are with Daniel. She felt stupid in listening to their whole conversation, she was the stupid one.

They are not in ay relationship but there is something special that she felt about them, he is more than a friend. The way he cheer her up when she was tired with her drama schedule, when she was tired with comeback and concert, he was there, always. She knew he likes her more than a friend, there is no other friends she had would talk to her in the middle of the night for hours listening to her rant. Not even her friend like Taeyong or Yuta would listen to her rants. They will make fun of her or sometimes ignore her call. But she was different, he will answer her call no matter how tired or busy he is. He was always there but then she realize maybe it is his dirty trick. Like how he play with other girls.

"Joy ah please get ready, we need to go backstage in 10 minutes time." Her manager call out her name, waking her up from her own thoughts.

Joy nod her head, and went to the mirror to touch up her make up, her eyes look dull, even though the make up can't hide her feelings. Irene pat her back and hold her hand. She drag Joy outside and walk to the backstage together. She was thankful to have a good members, the sisters who knows her, without even listening to her words, they know what is Joy going through.

Being in a group that is popular girl group with perfect visuals, every boy group dream to be with them. Befriend them, makes it better for them. She stood beside Irene who is busy monitoring the stage, she look around the backstage and saw , Ong Seongwoo, staring at her from far. Their eyes met, she quickly look away and pretend to busy with her hair. She just remember, Seongwoo is the MC for the music show.

Seongwoo has being feeling restless about Daniel. He is worried for him. When the news came out in the morning, Seongwoo was there when Daniel was scolded by the manager. Daniel try to explain that everything was not true but his name was tarnish. Daniel cried in the toilet when the manager left. The other members heard his cries but they can't help but pity him. He must felt guilty towards s. The cheerful guy who loves to jokes around crying inside the toilet alone. Seongwoo has been knocking the door for a few times but he never open in.The members are worried for him, this is his first time dealing with scandal, for them too. When Seongwoo left for his schedule, he was out and slept at their shared room. He let him alone, to mend his feelings. Everything was not true, Daniel never had any relationship with the girl, only met once before entering the survival show. He was played. 

Daniel phone has been confiscated by the management and he wanted to explain to Joy but he felt guilty, he didn't know how this things happen to him when Joy finally open up to him. Will he lost Joy when she is neve his at the first place? 

Seongwoo walk towards Joy and stood infront of her. Her team turn will be in 10 minutes, so he has time to talk to Joy.

"Joy ah, Can i talk to you for awhile? Please." Seongwoo said to Joy.

Joy didnt want to talk to anyone right now. 

"Hmm Seongwoo oppa, let's talk later, i think it's my group turn soon." Joy try to push him away, she walk away dragging her members away, nearer to the stage.

Seongwoo sigh, looking at all of them ignoring him especially Wendy. He thought they were close but Wendy didn't even look at him and smile at him. 

 

After performing, she try to walk faster away from the MC side, she saw Seongwoo looking at her wanting to call her but she was so fast, walking away from the backstage. 

Maybe he should talk later when the show ends, Seongwoo told himself.

Joy try to become professional on stage, without looking sad and tired. She was a pro in the industry, but when she back to the waiting room, she remember about him again. And about how stupid she is. She now need to wait for show to end and stand at stage again for this week award, her team were one of the contenders and a lot of people are telling them, they will win today music show. She should felt happy but nothing is working for her now, her heart is in pain.

 

"Joy congratulations!" Seongwoo said to her.

She try to ignore him after the show but he waiting for her, infront of their waiting room. So she decided to hear him, maybe he want to explain about Daniel situation. 

"Thank you Oppa." Joy said.

"I don't know how to start but please believe in Daniel, trust him like you always do. Please everything was a lie, he was played." Seongwoo said to Joy. 

Seongwoo trust his instinct, Joy loves Daniel, the same as Daniel love her. Both of them are in love but decided to not to be more than friends because of their own fear. They were scared. He saw how happy Daniel is when Joy call him, talk to her for hours on the phone ignoring his sleepiness, fighting his urge to sleep just to listen to Joy. They way he talks to her on the phone, he knew Daniel loves and care for her more than a friend.

"I don't know Oppa but right now, i am confuse, if everything is true, if you guys are playing with me." Joy told him the truth. She don't want to get hurt anymore.

"Trust us Joy, even though we just knew each other but you know our personality, we never play with woman heart." Seongwoo said.

Joy didn't reply to him. As what Seongwoo said, she didn't know if everything was right. She needs time to think.

"Daniel phone was confiscated for just now, so he can't contact you for this few days, but don't worry about when i reach home i will ask him to cal you by my phone, so please talk to him. He needs your support." Seongwoo said. He pat Joy back and left her.

She saw Seongwoo walking away, she look down to her feet, she needs my support. Yes he has been there for her for the past few months when netizens critize her. 

 

Joy lay down on her bed, it was indeed a tiring day for her. She apoligize to her members who were worried for her the whole day. Jihoon text her just now after her schedule end, that Daniel has been sleeping the whole day at his room without eating and all of them are worried. Jihoon told her they are waiting for Seongwoo to be back and console Daniel. Minhyun try to talk to him but he ask him to leave him, even Jisung were ask to leave. Only Seongwoo who shared the same room as Daniel, can help them to ask Daniel to eat. Well both of them are stubborn but Seongwoo is Daniel favourite hyung and both of them has been together since the start. Jihoon explain to Joy everything and she felt at ease, the woman was trying find attention and pretend to be close to Daniel. She sigh, scared of the outside world.

Her phone suddenly rings, Seongwoo name appears at the screen. She quickly answer it.

"Hello Joy, can you talk to Daniel and ask him to eat. He ignore me and didn't eat the whole day." Seongwoo said on the line.

"Ah really give your phone to him. Let me talk to him." Joy said worriedly.

"Okay wait for awhile, i will put him on now." Seongwoo said.

She heard Seongwoo calling Daniel name and told him Joy wanted to talk to him.

Why is it so quiet, maybe he don't want to talk to her, a few minutes pass, she heard his breathing. Why isn't he talking?

"Daniel, i know you are there, please don't make your members worried about you. Please stop punishing yourself." Joy said.

Daniel heard Joy, but he was angry with himself. She was worried about him. Seongwoo has left him with the phone.

"I know it is hard for you now but this is part of your celebrity life, you need to stay strong. This is only the start." Joy advice him.

He sobs, he thought he has lost everything, he disappoint s, his family, his fans and also her. He was scared. He didn't knew what to do, as a newbie in the industry, he saw how scary people are, how person can change, lie about past. 

"I don't know Joy, i have disappoint a lot of people who trusted me. I don't know what to do now" Daniel sobs and told her about his feelings.

"There are still people who believe in you, trust me, hundred of people are backing you right now, your members are worried for you, please go out from your room and talk to them. You have been staying on you bed the whole day without eating." Joy said.

Daniel sigh loudly, maybe what Joy said is right. He can't be depress the whole day, he was not wrong, he was trapped.

"Thank you Joy for your advice, Thank you for believing in me. Thank you" Daniel said.

"Yah of course i trust you, your members especially Jihoon and Seongwoo has been forcing me to believe you. With Jihoon aeygo how can i not listen to him" Joy said jokingly. 

Daniel giggle, indeed she is the only who can make him happy. They talk for a few minutes until Joy realise that Daniel has not eaten so she force him to eat and ended the call.

Joy quickly texted Jihoon that she has ordered chicken for Daniel and ask him to bring in to Daniel when it arrives. Joy even bought Jihoon and the members chicken, Jihoon was so happy when she told him that she has ordered chicken. Jihoon and the other boys are worried for him that they barely ate.

Daniel wash up and went out to see the members looking at him. All of them were seated in front of the TV with boxes of chicken.

"Hyung look what Joy noona bought for us!" Jihoon shouted to Daniel.

Daniel smile and laugh thinking about Joy, she must have spent a lot for the chicken, buying him and the boys food at night. She is indeed an angel for him. Daniel walk towards them and sat beside Minhyun, who worrying look at him. He gave him an assured smile, telling him, he is fine now.

Without any words, they know what Daniel is feeling. All of them glad that Daniel is okay now, they hope everything move smoothly for them, the scandal is a lesson for all of them.

Minhyun pat Daniel back and gave him a box of chicken.

"This is specially just for you, Joy especially bought this for you to eat" Minhyun said.

When the chicken arrives, the delivery man told them that this box of chicken is specially for Daniel. Jihoon giggle thinking about Joy, she bought Daniel favorite chicken, the most expensive and limited in the menu. How cute he said to himself.

Daniel smile looking at the chicken, she has bought him, his favorite chicken. She remember about it, he once told her how he loves the flavour but it was limited so only a few customers get to eat it. 

 

Do i deserve this kind hearted woman?

He learnt something today, the scandal makes him realize that this industry is really scary. He can't trust anyone easily. He needs to stay strong even though people turn back on him. He need to grow stronger and protect his name and members. 

He promise to be there for Joy.

To make her happy. 

 

 

 

AUTHOR NOTES

i will stop writting titles for every chapter, well i cant decide on the title.

Thank you for subscribing and the comments. I am happy to see people supporting this couple. I was surprise to see the number of subscribers. 

This fanfiction, so everything is based on my imagination. 

Only for fans who loves Daniel and Joy.