Date

Trust, Let's Trust.

"Hi." Hope beams at Jongin. He's leaning on a wall and holding a bouquet of pink peonies.

"Hi." Jongin presses a kiss to her cheek, when he hands her the flowers.

"Thank you." Hope buries her face in the flowers,

"Let's go." Jongin leads her to the stairs. A few floors later, Jongin pushes the door open to the rooftop,

"How did you get access?" Hope wonders, this certain area is exclusive to the owners.

"Secret." Jongin winks, pulling her to the blanket laid on the ground with a spread of her favorite food.

"What's this?" Hope smiles, scanning around the rooftop.

"Picnic under the stars." Jongin says, helping her sit.

"I'm sorry about canceling lunch, I couldn't-"

"It's fine. I had no plans for today." Jongin reassures her, pouring out wine for the both of them.

"What did you do then?" Hope wonders, picking up her plate.

~

"I don't think I've ever done this before." Hope sighs, relaxed with Jongin beside her on the blanket as they watch the stars.

"Neither have I, but I thought you needed some relaxation from your meetings." Jongin says, keeping his eyes on the night sky to stop himself from touching her and scaring her off.

"Thank you." Hope smiles, leaning to peck his cheek.

The two spend another hour on the roof until Jongin gets a text from Haejin asking him to send Hope back, since she's still not well enough to spend hours outside in the cold.


"What's got you so happy?" Jaemin inquires, taking a seat at their table.

Hope shrugs, subtly hiding her phone screen as she glances over at Jongin.

"Hope." Jaemin interrupts her secret glances at Jongin,

"What?"

"Let's get married." Jaemin states,

Hope spurts out her juice, Taehyung hands her a napkin while their friends stop their own conversation to eavesdrop.

"No." Hope instantly rejects,

"Why?" Jaemin asks,

Hope looks at him as if he's lost his mind, worriedly glancing between their friends. "Jaemin Kim."

"What? We both have to marry. We know each other and even lived as roommates." Jaemin points out,

"Jaemin." Hope grits,

"It's not like we haven't dated." Jaemin comments. Eyes widening as he glances between his friends, while Hope looks betrayed.

"We promised to keep it between us, how da-"

"We know." Hana deadpans,

"How?" Hope snarls,

"Why are you upset about it? Is it bad that we know?" Seol asks, 

"Of course it is." Hope frowns,

"Why? I see no harm in others knowing we're together." Jaemin says,

"Were together, Jaemin. Not anymore." Hope corrects,

"Let's give it another chance, sunshine?" Jaemin pleads,

"No." Hope ruthlessly rejects him,

"Hope."

"Jaemin."

"Why not?" Jaemin pushes,

"Because I love my friend Jaemin Kim," Hope tiredly sighs.

"Friend?"

"I don't know what happened the past few years, but I've moved on. My body doesn't react the way it did when you were around. I can finally look at you like my friend and not the guy who broke my heart." Hope tells him, ignoring their audience of close friends.

"Hope."

"I spend the last months of our relationship wondering if you and I were a big mistake." Hope confesses,

"What?"

Hope keeps silent, not knowing how to explain herself. When the silence stretches on Jaemin storms off. Seol throws Hope a glare before hurrying after her best friend.

"Why hide?" Hana asks, trying to move past the uncomfortable tension,

"I didn't want to disturb the group dynamics, especially after Hyungsik and Aura." Hope sighs, focusing on her breakfast.

"Hope Park." Sera yells, storming towards her.

"How dare you disappear without a single call?" Sera scolds, tightly wrapping her arms around her friend.

"Sera Oh." Hope nods, awkwardly patting Sera's back.

"What's with the awkward tension?" Sera bluntly asks, looking over the group.

"Jaemin and Hope got into a fight." Taehyung yawns,

"What did the a*s do now?" Sera frowns,

Taehyung opens his mouth, but Hope beats him to an answer, "Nothing. We were talking about something stupid." She fails to smile at Sera.

Sera's eyebrows furrowing briefly, carefully studying Hope's tight expression, "Oh, fu*k no." Sera groans, "Why are you making that expression? Did you lose your memory or something?"

"Wow." Sehun mentally claps his hands at his sister's quick assessment, while Hope is distracted by the group behind Sera.

"Wang, Mark, Jason." Hope beams, hugging them tightly.

"Erased? Tough luck, baby-girl." Jackson teases, pulling Sera into his lap.

Hope instantly freezes, her eyes widening as Sera wraps her arms around Jackson's neck and presses a kiss on his cheek.

"What the fu*k?! When did that happen?" Hope blurts, blinking at the couple,

"How are you, Princess?" Jason pats Hope's head,

"Ge, I have a lunch scheduled with Kevin Xi, help me cancel it. Please." Hope beams at Jason, and he heads over to his friends,

Hope smiles, pausing at the sight of Sera feeding Jackson a strawberry.

"Can you two, please give me a chance to adjust to this new development?" Hope sighs, "Last I remembered, Sera was playing tonsil tennis with Jaemin and Jackson was busy going through the Thetas." She shudders,

"Yuck. Why would you bring up the dark past?" Sera whines, Hope merely shrugs.

"Director Park." Emmett greets, handing Hope her tablet with her schedule for the day, while Hope signals him to take a seat and have breakfast.

"Director Xi has canceled the lunch meeting. We can now meet Vice President Liu at the golf course." He informs her about the change.

"What about-"

"Finish your food first, work can wait." Haechan pulls the tablet away from Hope.

"Bro." Hope shakes her head,

"Is this not a vacation? Why are you so busy?" Bomi asks,

"The SBC might be for brats, but they're still executives." Hope sighs, gathering her things as she stands up.

"I'll see you later." She waves, turning to her assistant.

"See if we can move-" Hope walks off with Emmett, leaving her friends staring behind her.

"This girl." Haechan rubs his temple, feeling a headache recalling Hope's packed schedule.


"What are we doing for the bachelorette?" Hyeri asks, the women turn to the lady-in-charge, Sera Oh.

"A yacht party." Sera informs them,

"And everything's prepared?" Jihyun asks,

"We were going to use Hope's yacht. I'll talk to Hope." Sera mumbles, pulling out her phone while Seungwan recalls another issue. She anxiously texts her fiancee.

Jongin says he'll talk to Hope. Don't stress. Don't forget we have Chanyeol and Baekhyun. ~ Dae.


"Hope's supposed to be our pianist." Jongdae blurts. The men are currently gathered at a pub, while their partners are shopping.

"I'll talk to her." Jongin nods, earning surprised looks from his friends,

"What?" He frowns at their weird looks,

"You'll talk to her? When did the two of you get so close?" Jongdae teases,

Jongin rolls his eyes.


meet tonight? ~ Jongin 7.39pm

i'm not free until after 10. ~ Heeyoung 7.40pm

i'm okay with that. ~ Jongin 7.40pm

i'll text you when i'm done. ~ Heeyoung 7.45pm.


"Hey." Hope greets Jongin,

"For you." She's greeted with a bouquet of pink roses and a kiss to her cheek.

"Do you want to eat or rest somewhere?" Jongin asks, looking at the slightly exhausted lady in his arms,

"I want to take a walk on the beach." Hope says, turning towards the ocean.

"Okay." Jongin agrees, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she works on taking off her heels. She tries to hand the bouquet to him, but he's already bending down and grabbing the heels by the strap.

"I can hold them." She states, reaching for her shoes, but he pulls his arm away.

"Let me grab a pair of slippers." Jongin heads back inside,

"We're on the private beach. I'll be fine."

~

"How do you feel about attending my brother's wedding as my date?" Jongin brings up. Her fingers tighten around his momentarily,

"Actually, I was talking to Taehyung and he mentioned something about me volunteering as their pianist?" Hope clears ,

"Is that a yes?" Jongin lightly says,

"Sera told me, I also volunteered my brother's yacht for Seungwan's bachelorette. I'm assuming it won't be weird for me to attend the wedding." She nods,

"I'll send you the song for the bride's entrance." Jongin nods.

"I'm not supposed to ask questions about the past, but Kim Jongin, why am I always thinking of you?" Hope glances up at him,

Jongin smiles at her confession, looking at her with bright eyes, "I'm always thinking of you as well." He beams. Hope can't resist pressing a kiss to his cheek.


"Good morning." Hope chirps, joining her friends for breakfast, pausing at the weird mix of faces at the table.

"Where's Haechan?" Hope asks, glancing at an absent-minded Bomi.

"With a 'friend'." Hana rolls her eyes, pointing over Hope's shoulder.

Hope frowns, "Since when did my cousin switch to a hands-on approach for charity?" She turns to a frowning Bomi, who's ignoring her husband and the lady clinging to him.

"Haechan." Hope calls, Haechan practically sprints away from the other female.

"Explain." Hope instructs, not letting him sitting down,

"Someone, Grandma Kang is trying to push on me. Lee Yeonbi or something." Haechan pants, noticing his frowning wife.

"Love, I'm-"

Bomi suddenly stands up, "I need to do something." She hurriedly walks off, Haechan standing to follow after her,

"Chan, would you like me to take care of it?" Hope stops him. Instantly relieved, Haechan nods, hurrying after Bomi. Watching them leave, Hope sends out a text, briefly glancing at Lee Yeonbi joining her friends.

"Hapax is good to go. I've talked to the the crew." Hope informs Sera and Seungwan,

"Thank you so much." Seungwan beams at her,

"I've heard we're friends, it's no big deal." Hope says, "However, I apologize in advance for the trouble I'll cause." She winks,

"I would ask, but it's best if you handle Grandma Kang." Hana winces, not wanting to deal with the irrational elder.

"Speaking off, where's my cousin and Taehyung? I haven't seen them since yesterday." Hope wonders,

"Heeyoung." A low, deep voice startles and a tall, dark-haired male walks up to her.

"Jeremy Shim." Hope grins, standing up to hug the male.

"I'm glad you made it." He beams, pecking her cheek.

"I figured I might as well experience a Shim Tea Party." Hope jokes,

"You don't have to worry. Once I'm off-market, my parents will move on to Derek,-"

"And then Callum, Aurora and Micheal." Hope finishes for him.

"Exactly." Jeremy nods, "For our lunch meeting, bring Haejin along."

Hope chuckles, "He's already had it put on his schedule."

"I'll talk to you later. I've got to play host. Take care, princess." Jeremy gives her a quick hug, greeting her friends and moving on to greet his guests.

"Some men really do age like fine wine." Hana muses, swooning over Jeremy.

"And it has nothing to do with him being your first crush?" Eddy blankly stares at his wife,

"I'm married to you." Hana retorts.


"Kim Jongin." Hope grins, Haejin and Jeremy pause their conversation to see Hope skipping to the male entering the restaurant,

"Are you meeting anyone for lunch?" Hope asks,

"I was planning on getting takeout and heading to the gazebo by the seaside." Jongin tells her, nodding at Haejin and his friend,

"Or you could join us?" Her eyes hopeful as she stares up at him.

"If it's okay with your brother and his friend." Jongin nods,

"It's my lunch, I can invite whomever I want." She winks, glancing back to Haejin, who nods at her request.

~

Hope's phone rings before they can order, "Order for me." She tells the table, exiting the private room to answer her call.

When she returns, the dishes are being served. Haejin and Jeremy are busy catching up, leaving Jongin and Hope to chat amongst themselves.

"The Shim's were our neighbors before they moved to Germany. Haejin and Jeremy remained best friends since they attended the same university." Hope informs Jongin, taking a sip of her tea. Due to her health, she's not allowed to consume alcohol.

"I don't think I've seen Haejin speak this much before." Jongin nods,

"Jeremy, Jiara and I are the only ones who have the honor of hearing him speak more than a few words." Hope chuckles, beaming when Haejin glances at her. During their chat, Hope and Jongin had leaned in quite close together. At the lack of distance Haejin raises an eyebrow but chooses to not comment, going back to his conversation. Though, he keeps sneaking glances at them.


"Where have you been?" Hope asks, after they've split from Jeremy and Jongin,

"What do you mean?" Haejin asks, wrapping an arm around her shoulder,

"I haven't seen Taehyung or you the past few days. I've purposefully kept my schedule booked to avoid being set up on blind dates, but what's your excuse?" Hope muses,

"I'm planning an event for Jiara, for our anniversary." Haejin reveals,

"What can I help with?" Hope asks,

"Everything's under control." Haejin ruffles her hair.

"I have a meeting, I need to run." Hope informs him, glancing at her ringing phone. "See you later, bro."


"Your dinner meeting has been moved." Emmett informs as Heeyoung exits the conference room,

"Where to?" Hope asks, taking the Ipad from him,

"The 3rd floor." He answers, leading her to the elevators.

However to her surprise, Haejin and Haechan are waiting for her.

"What's going on?" Heeyoung carefully asks, eyeing her cousin's.

"Well..." Haechan reveals a sleeping mask/blindfold.

"Oppa, you know I hate surprises." Hope grits. She should have known something was amiss when the meeting was moved to the 3rd floor, where all the banquets halls are located.

"If I see any cringe inducing banners or decorations, I'm walking out." Hope grumbles,

"Shh." Haechan shushes, as they reach their destination,

"I'm beating the both of you and anyone who had a role in this stupid party afterwards." Hope mutters to her cousin, but her threat is drowned as the blindfold is removed.

"Is that?" Heeyoung gulps, tearing up as she recognizes the couple before her.

"Mom." Heeyoung calls, running to hug her wheelchair bound Mother.

"Princess." Aeyoung cries.

"You're okay?" Heeyoung blinks, carefully looking over her mother for any signs of injuries.

"I'm absolutely fine." Aeyoung assures. Hope nods, trying her best to control her tears. Taehyung pulls her into his arms, helping her hide her tears.

"Did you injure your legs?" Heeyoung carefully asks her mother, once she's calmed down.

"No, but I do get tired easily, nor can I stand for prolonged periods. It's understandable after being comatose for over half a decade. Though with therapy, I'll be quick on my feet. However, Taejoon and Inhee insisted." Aeyoung shakes her head at the two people standing behind her.

"I agree with Dad." Heeyoung nods, giving the man a hug,

"It's nice to finally meet you, Inhee aunty." Heeyoung politely greets the elder lady, missing the confused look on the elders faces.

"Do you not remember Inhee?" Aeyoung asks, sharing a look with her best friend, who in turn searches for her son.

"Other than being your childhood best friend?" Heeyoung asks, confused.

"Aunty, we'll explain later." Haejin steps in, not wanting to put a pause on the celebration dinner.

"Mama Park." Jaemin joins, along with his family. Haejin greets his in-laws along with Hope,

"Jaemin Kim." Aeyoung accepts the greetings.

"Fourth Aunt, Fourth Uncle." Jaemin greets Inhee and Jaesuk.

"Wait. Fourth Aunt and Uncle?" Hope pauses, raising an eyebrow as she looks between the elderly couple and Jaemin,

Confused, Hope leans down to whisper to her mother, "Your best friend belongs to the Kim family? Like Jisung and Ximena aunty?"

Aeyoung gives her a weird look, though before she can answer, Jongin joins the group.

Heeyoung watches Jongin greet her mother, Taehyung nudges her, "Inhee aunty and Jaesuk uncle's eldest son."

"What?" The surprised yell has everyone turning to a bashful Heeyoung.

"Mama Park, I asked your daughter to marry me, but she heartlessly rejected me. Help me persuade her." Jaemin pouts at the lady in the wheelchair.

Hope awkwardly chuckles, "Jaemin Kim."

"I'm kidding, however the both of us are on a time crunch, so why not marry each other. Childhood best friends and all." Jaemin chuckles, informing the group about his grandfather's order to find a suitable partner or else he'll be married to someone of the elder's choice.

"We have time and I'm sure he'll find someone of his liking. You can't simply settle on your life partner, Jaemin. Am I right, Mil?" Hope looks at lady for help, warning Jaemin to keep his mouth shut.


"How can your grandfather do that?" Aeyoung fumes, pacing around the living room with Jongin and his parents on one sofa, Taejoon and his children are at the dining table and the Parks occupying the remaining seats.

"He is the head of the house." Hope tries to calm her down,

"That doesn't give him the right to mess with your life." Aeyoung yells. Heeyoung pulls her tired mother next to her.

"I know, but it's happened." Hope rubs her back, glancing over at Inhee and Taejoon to help her out.

"Why wasn't I informed of this sooner?" Aeyoung looks at her sons,

"They only found out recently." Hope speaks up for her brothers,

"I can't believe your grandfather. What does he gain to achieve from this?" Aeyoung frowns, picking up her phone,

"He's probably asleep, there's no point calling him." Hyungsik reminds her, 

"Why don't we call it a night? You've traveled the entire day." Haejin speaks up. 

"I agree with Oppa. It has been a long day." Hope backs Haejin up.

Aeyoung glances between her children, shaking her head and sharing a look with Taejoon.

"Alright. You've exhausted yourself more than you should. The children also seem tired." Taejoon stands up, walking over to Aeyoung and helping her to the wheelchair.

Though confused, Heeyoung says, "Mom can sleep with me."

"Dad with me." Taehyung adds,

"Actually." Taejoon starts, resting a hand on Aeyoung's shoulder, "We've already booked a villa."

"We?" The best friends blurt,

"The four of us are staying at the villa." Aeyoung nods,

"What are those?" Taehyung points out, spotting the silver bands on their parent's fingers.

Their children are blindsided by their sudden revelation.

"When?"

"How?"

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"Calm down." Taejoon yells, "We registered soon after Aeyoung woke up. We didn't want to miss anymore time together." He informs them.

"Are you having a ceremony?" Taemi questions, 

"We'll see." Aeyoung nods.

"Jongin can drop us." Inhee suggests,

"I'll tag along." Hope states, "Tae?" She looks at her best friend. 

"I have to be up early." He rejects, not wanting to be the third-wheel.