Why?

Trust, Let's Trust.

"That was our baby, wasn't it?" Jaemin asks, blinking his tears away.

"Jaemin, why are you rehashing a hurtful memory?" Bomi gently asks, as Jaemin eyes his friends.

"You knew, yet you didn't think of informing me?" Jaemin yells, directing his anger at Taehyung, Haechan and Bomi while the others are clearly shocked and confused.

The Park Brothers share a look and send half the group away.

Bomi sighs, "We're her emergency contact after Haejin and Taehyung. By the time we got there, it was too late."

"Have you ever been honest with me?" Jaemin snarls, running his hands through his hair.

He takes a deep breath, stomping up to Hope and grabs her shoulders, "Who gave you the right to hide this from me?"

Taehyung is quick to pull Jaemin away and Jongin wraps his arms around Heeyoung.

"Why didn't you tell me about our relationship? Why did you leave? Why did you hide from me? Why?" Jaemin shakily cries, tears streaming down his cheeks.

Hope scoffs, "You think I wanted you to forget our relationship? When I woke up, you were already dating someone else. Why did I leave? You left me first, Jaemin Kim. I heard your conversation with Camel. You left me without another thought. And I was done playing your push-pull games." She pants, "The fetus, I didn't know it was there until after I lost it. I apologize for not 'informing' you, but what was I supposed to say? Sorry, we've lost something you weren't aware of?"

"I'm sorry for forgetting about our relationship. I really am." Jaemin sniffs, "I apologize for leaving, but I came back, baby. I came back, but you weren't there." Jaemin steps towards her, but Taehyung blocks him.

"It doesn't matter, Jaemin. What's done is done." Hope sighs, stepping past him.

"I refuse to believe we're done. We can't be done." Jaemin yells, grabbing her shoulders.

"Jae, you're hurting me." Hope winces, feeling his nails dig into her skin,

"Stop hurting her." Taehyung pries Jaemin's fingers off while Jongin carefully pulls Heeyoung away.

"Two fu*king days, Hope. I've been watching this on repeat for two fu*king days." Jaemin yells, "We're so happy together, Hope. I'm sorry I forget, but I promise to do my best to remember everything. So, please give me a chance. Please."

"Jaemin, are you hearing yourself?" Hope asks, dumbfounded. "I'm married with a child on the way. I've moved on, and so should you."

"Married? To the one using you as his rebound?" Jaemin scoffs, "You're his second option, but for me, you're the only one, Hope. I've never loved anyone but you. And Whopper, I will love whopper like our child. I promise." He pleads, his eyes a bright red from lack of sleep.

"Are you fu*king serious?" Jongin scowls, shoving Jaemin,

"Don't touch me." Jaemin looks ready to attack him.

"Jaemin, calm down." Hope pulls her husband behind her as Jiara grabs her brother.

"I can't calm down. We could've had a future together, but my stupid brain ruined everything." Jaemin hits his head. "We would have had a child. That ring on your finger would have been mine, but because of one accident. I lost you. Why?"

"Jaemin." Jiara grabs his arms, stopping him from hitting himself.

Taehyung scoffs, "You've had years to get your act together. You made that stupid decision that morning. You had years to find her after she left. Don't blame your memory loss for your stupidity."

"You think I didn't try. I hired a PI team. I traveled the fu*king world searching for her." Jaemin defends,

"It doesn't matter anymore." Hope sighs, interlocking her fingers with Jongin's "I'm happy with Jongin."

"Really?" Jaemin meekly asks,

Hope softly smiles, nodding "The time I've spent with him has been the happiest of my life."

"Even if he doesn't love you?"

"I do." Jongin answers, "I love Heeyoung-"

"You deserve the world, Hope." Jaemin sniffs, "I wish I was the one giving it to you."

"So do you, Jae. You deserve it more than me." She smiles at him.

"Hope!" Bomi gasps, noticing red lines trickles down Heeyoung's thighs,

"Hope," Jaemin suddenly stands. The next moment, his vision blurs, and he loses control of his limbs, falling to the floor at the same time Heeyoung loses consciousness.


The two are rushed to the ER, where Dr.Min Sunmi is waiting for them.

Eddy and Jiara move Jaemin to a stretcher, while Jongin lays his wife down.

Sunmi is checking on Heeyoung when Taehyung speaks up, "She's been diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. Her symptoms are headaches, chest pain, hypertension, and fatigue."

The physician is shocked, shakily pulling out her pager while instructing a nurse to prepare an OR.

"What's happening?" Haejin worriedly asks as the team wheels Heeyoung towards the OR, while Jaemin is taken to the VIP floor.

"She has to give birth as soon the doctors determine Whopper sufficiently mature. It's risking an early delivery vs. continued symptoms, which could lead to a more complicated delivery later. Because she's high-risk, there's a small chance," Taehyung pauses, "She she might not m-make it." He chokes,

Everyone freezes at the information before Jongin is grabbing Taehyung's collar, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"She didn't want anyone to know. If she wasn't unconscious right now, I won't be telling anyone." Taehyung states, "I'm sorry, but her wishes matter more than your feelings."

Dr.Han walks out of the OR with a serious expression, "If needed, who is our priority?"

"Heeyoung. My wife, she's priority." Jongin unhesitantly answers.

Dr.Han understandingly nods as a nurse steps forward to hand him the papers,

"No." A timid voice stops Jongin from signing the papers,

"Her child should be priority." Yiming pulls out a folder from her purse,

The nurse looks conflicted when Taehyung speaks up, "Listen to the lady. She's the patient's healthcare proxy."

Bomi grabs the documents from Yiming. Confirming Taehyung's words, she passes the papers to her husband.

"This is only a formality. We'll do our best to keep both mother and child safe." Dr.Han assures the distraught husband before heading to the OR.

"I'm sorry." Yiming breaks down, "I promised Heeyoung. I'm sorry." Sehun pulls his wife in his arms.

"Hope knew we couldn't choose, so she chose someone who understands her." Taehyung explains, knowing they're wondering why their friend picked an 'outsider' over them.

~

"They're both fine." Everyone relievedly sighs.

Doctor Han briefs them on the patient's condition, along with specific instructions to follow until Whopper can be delivered.

The nurse asks the visitors to leave since they're crowding up the room. But the next moment, beds are being rolled into the VVIP suite, and the head director walks in to greet the youngest son of the hospital owner.


Her hand flies to her stomach as her eyes snap open. Heeyoung breathes a sigh of relief, feeling weak movement under her palm. She looks around the room to see her friends/family carelessly sleeping around the room. Her eyes land on Jongin, her sweet and caring husband. The man who made her feel more loved than she's ever felt. He helped brighten up her life, more than he realizes. Not only did he accept her flaws, but he loved each of them.

Too busy gazing at her husband, Heeyoung doesn't notice the eyes watching her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She startles at the soft voice, tearing up at the lost look on the person she depends on the most.

"Oppa." She sniffles as he slides into the spot beside her head.

"I'm terrified of the small chance of not making it." She weeps, unintentionally pulling her hand from Jongin's to wipe her tears. The sudden motion startles Jongin awake, but hearing his wife cry, he fakes sleep.

"I won't let anything happen to you. We'll get the best team of doctors." Haejin assures her,

"I don't want to lose my child. I. I can't lose my whopper," She cries,

"You won't. I will do everything to protect Whopper and you." Haejin promises.

"If something does happen, please look after my Jongin and Whopper." Hope pleads as he wipes her tears,

"You really love him." Haejin comments, pushing her hair behind her ear.

"I know this is hypocritical, but if I had to choose between Whopper and him. I would choose Jongin in a heartbeat." She softly chuckles, running her fingers through Jongin's hair.

"Yet, you're forcing him to choose Whopper over you?" Haejin jokes,

"I know, but..."

"What if he ends up hating Whopper if something happens to you?" Haejin muses,

"My Nini isn't like that." She pouts, "Even in the worst moments, he'll love and cherish our Whopper." She confidently states.

"And if he doesn't?"

"He will. I trust him."

"So, you don't trust yourself to look after Whopper?" Haejin teases,

"I don't. Unlike Jongin, I didn't have plans of starting a family. I raised Jayden because I felt guilty towards Seol. I grew to love Jayden, but I didn't want children. I could overcome my fears of starting a family with Jongin because I trust that he wouldn't hurt our children like Mr.Byu-..."

"Hope."

"This sounds cruel, but when I found out about my miscarriage, I was relieved. I couldn't even fathom the idea of raising a child by myself. As much as I loved Jaemin, I couldn't fall back into our constant push-pull cycle, and that child would have sealed us together." Hope admits.

"It's understandable, Hope. You didn't want to raise a child in that toxic environment." Haejin comforts her.

"Jayden was different because we couldn't fail Seol. But our own child, neither of us was ready at that time."

"I know, Hope. You don't have to justify yourself."

"Dr. Wang recommends delivering 3 weeks later. If everything goes well, you'll be holding your nephew next month." Hope rubs her stomach.

"Really?" Hyunsik blurts, "I can't wait to meet my godson."

"Bomi and Haechan are the godparents." She crushes his dreams, 

"Ahh, Why?" Hyungsik pouts,

"Considering they're both more mature than you, and they've raised six kids." Hope states.

"On that thought, Ara and Hyung have raised over 10 kids?" Hyungsik points out since Haejin and Jiara were often referred to as the Mom & Dad of the group.

"Ara let Jaemin get a tattoo for his 14th birthday. A fu*king skull on his ." Hope grits, "If Whopper makes stupid decisions like that, I would return as a ghost to haunt him."

"Why do you think you're going to die?" Hyungsik rolls his eyes,

"Tae took me to a fortune teller, and she 'saw' death in my future." She sniffs,

The Park brothers glare at the lump curled around Hope's feet.

"You know they're frauds, right?"

"I know, but the doubts linger." She whines,

"Then don't let it." Hyungsik deadpans,

"Why didn't I think of that?" She imitates his tone,

"You," Hyungsik points his finger at her,

"Me," Hope sticks her tongue out,

"Children." Haejin sighs used to their childish behavior.

A hiccup gets their attention, seeing Jongin's shoulder shaking,

"Honey," Heeyoung calls, running her hand through his hair.

Jongin keeps his head down.

"We'll let you talk," Haejin says, and within seconds the room clears out.

"Was everyone awake?" Hope wonders, but she's turns her attention to her husband.

~

"You idiot!" His friends attack, trying to avenge for hiding Hope's condition.

Leave my Tae-Tae alone. If he's hurt, there will be consequences. ~ Hope. 5:12 am.

"This girl." Bora snorts, showing them the text on Hyungsik's phone.

Taehyung smugly smirks, "If you'll excuse me, losers."

"Rather than Jayden, he's her first child." Hyungsik shakes his head, watching Taehyung skip away.

~

Jongin pulls her to his chest, hugging her tightly.

"I trust you to come back to me, exactly how you trust me to love Whopper." Jongin states,

"Jongin." She tears up again.

"You're not allowed to leave me. I don't care what happens, you can't leave me." Jongin sobs,

"Okay." She nods against his chest.


"Good morning." Bomi chirps, walking into the hospital room. Jongin is laying down beside Hope while Taehyung, Hyungsik, and Chanyeol accompany them.

"Mommy," Jayden runs in, carefully climbing the bed and clinging to Hope.

"I brought company." Seol walks into the room with Junmyeon and Choi Inhee.

"Mom, Junmyeon." Heeyoung beams.

"I've got you some herbal tonics," Inhee says, chuckling at her daughter-in-law's ugly expression.

"Spence?" Hope feels her shirt get wet, looking down at the boy in her arms.

"You can't leave me, Hope." Jayden sobs, tightening his arms around her neck,

"Baby." Hope pats his back,

"I'll be a good boy. I promise I won't cause any trouble. Please don't die, Mommy." Jayden cries,

Heeyoung chokes up, her blood pressure rising as she watches him sob. Taehyung gently pulls Jayden from her.

"Hope's not going anywhere, Spence. She's going to fight this." Taehyung assures him, though Jayden keeps crying. Seeing Hope's worried reaction, Junmyeon leaves the room with Jayden.

"Spence." Heeyoung calls after him,

"He'll be fine, love," Jongin assures her, seeing as Taehyung has gone with Jayden.


Heeyoung is looking through some documents when a knock sounds on the door.

"Hey." Jaemin walks in with his IV pole.

"Why are you out of bed?" Hope frowns, worriedly looking around her room.

"I'm fine." Jaemin rolls his eyes, taking the chair beside her bed.

"Alcohol poisoning, Jaemin. What were you thinking?" Hope scolds him.

"The night of Hana's wedding, I received those clips. I hacked into Taehyung and your computers and found so many videos and pictures. I was surviving on alcohol the past two days." Jaemin chuckles pathetically.

"I apologize for invading your privacy, but I wasn't thinking rationally." Jaemin apologizes,

"Did you find what you were looking for?" Hope calmly asks, unfazed by his actions.

"We looked happy."

"There are two sides to everything, Jaemin." Hope sighs,

"From first glance, you had me mesmerized, Hope. I've always been wary of people, but I found myself trusting you. Falling in love with you was as easy as breathing. I've always been reckless, but you made me think twice. In front of you, I found myself wavering. I never confessed my feelings, because I'm a coward. Whenever I tried confessing, you would end up getting hurting. I used that excuse to justify my actions."

Hope stays silent, not knowing how to respond.

"I. Are we really not possible?" He wonders,

"No. We're not." Hope answers, honestly.

"If Jongin wasn't in the picture, would your answer still be the same?"

"Yes. It would. Jongin and I were arranged to be married months upon my return to the country. However, I couldn't go through it because of my feelings for you. Though I had no intentions of falling in love with my husband, I couldn't enter our marriage with someone else in my heart. I kept waiting for you to find me. I wanted to move on, but my heart kept yearning for you. But the miscarriage happened, and I found myself rethinking our relationship. You and I are better off as friends." Hope tells him.

Jaemin stands up, "I need time to process and settle my feelings, but I promise I'll always be here when you need me." He presses a kiss on her forehead and heads for the door.

Hope watches him leave with a smile on her face.

Jaemin pauses while opening the door, "You said, I deserve the world. Do you think I'll find it?"

"Of course, Jaemin. I didn't think I could ever love anyone as much as I loved you, but I found Jongin." Hope softly smiles.

"Take care of yourself." Jaemin returns her smile,

"You too, Jae." Hope smiles,


Jaemin blinks his tears away, shutting the door behind him.

"Here." Jaemin jumps, seeing his cousin leaning against the wall.

"Did you hear-" Jaemin gulps,

"Don't create anymore misunderstandings between us anymore." Jongin gives him a stern look.

"Don't provide the ammunition." Jaemin sasses,

Jongin stretches his jaw, turning away from his cousin. "I won't." He pulls out a slip of paper from his jacket.

"Building 6, second floor, the fourth row from the top. Spot #2108." Jongin simply says before slipping into Heeyoung's room.


Kangjoon frowns at his niece's messy state, schooling his expression when she turns to him.

"It's been days, why isn't there any news?" Baekhee fumes, tossing her phone after her call is declined.

"Did you send it to reliable sources?" Kangjoon asks,

"Of course. I send it to seven different sources, but not a single one has posted anything."

Kangjoon thinks about it.

"Does Byun Heeyoung have zero market value?" Baekhee sneers,

"She's married to the CEO of KJC, and a major shareholder of Byun Industries," Kangjoon says, frowning.

"Then why isn't anyone posting anything?" Baekhee yells, sending her laptop flying across the room.

"Can someone be blocking it?" Kangjoon voices, "KJC is powerful, but not enough to control the media."

"I don't care. I want Byun Heeyong gone, at all costs." Baekhee screams. "You promised you'll take care of it. Get it done, Uncle."


"Don't you have meetings to attend?" Heeyoung inquires Haejin and Hyungsik.

"Meetings can wait." Haejin pats her head, taking the seat beside her.

"Especially for our princess." Hyungsik adds, trying to sneak popcorn out of Hope's bowl. The princess isn't fazed, smacking Hyungsik and Chanyeol's hands away.

Tired of Hyungsik whining, Haechan passes his bowl to his second brother.

"I've talked to Dr. Wang. Her team will be arriving in two weeks." Haejin informs her,

Heeyoung gapes at him, "Oppa, I have a good team here."

"I trust aunty." Haejin simply says. Hyungsik and Haechan snicker at the look of disbelief on Hope's face,

"Oppa."

"I only want the best for you." Haejin states.

Hope exhales, knowing she can't win against him.

"I just noticed something." Hope points out, "It's a Park gathering." She laughs glancing between her cousins and Chanyeol.

"We thought you would like it."


"Get out!" Heeyoung whines, but Jackson and Sera refuse to leave her couch.

"But Hope." Jackson pouts. Heeyoung turns to her husband for help, but he raises his hands.

"You realize Dr. Wang will be here in less than a week." Hope carefully enunciates.

Jackson pales at the statement, while Sera is overjoyed.

"We have to start cleaning," Jackson drags Sera away.

Hope laughs watching Jackson run out of her house.

"Dr. Wang?" Jongin asks,

"Jackson's mother. She's flying in for my surgery." Heeyoung informs him,

Jongin wraps his arms around her, tightly holding onto her.

"It's going to be fine." Jongin mumbles, trying to assure himself.

"It will."


"No working." Baekhyun barges into Heeyoung's office with her secretary and VP Choi.

"Oh, come on. Please, I need this." Heeyoung whines.

"Hope."

"Jungha, please. Just one more file." Heeyoung begs.

"You sound like a drug addict." Jungha teases.

Baekhyun chuckles, unplugging her computer screen while their cousin grabs the files.

"I am addicted to working," Heeyoung cries,

"Seol's waiting in the lobby." Jungha rolls her eyes, gingerly pulling from her seat and leading her to the elevators.


"Why am I here?" Heeyoung wonders. She's ignored as Jihyun and Seungwan happily browse the store.

"I'm taking Heeyoung for some ice cream." Yiming pulls the pregnant lady away.

"When's the surgery?" Yiming asks after they've gotten their ice cream,

"In two days." Heeyoung answers,

"How are you feeling?"

"Tired and Anxious. If I could work, I would be able to keep my mind occupied. But I can't. Neither can I rest. Since everyone is trying to get their last glimpse before I die." Heeyoung huffs.

Yiming angrily glares at her, but Heeyoung simply rolls her eyes.

"That's how everyone is treating me. Jongin reluctantly goes to work, and the others are constantly calling me." She sighs,

"We've only known you for a short time, but we all adore you." Yiming begins,

"I understand, but people need to stop putting their lives on hold for me." She muses.

"Unfortunately, that's not happening." Yiming smiles as Heeyoung gets a phone call.

"What's up?" Heeyoung asks, picking up the call.

"Jayden issues." Jaemin lightly chuckles,

"Since when do you have Jayden issues?" Heeyoung asks, taking a bite of her ice cream.

"Since he's adamant about going to Detroit." Jaemin states.

Heeyoung pauses with her spoon hanging in the air,

"What?" She carefully asks,

"Den wants to go to Detroit for the Mardi Gras festival. I told him it's not 2003 when people actually cared." Jaemin rants,

Heeyoung lightly chuckles, "Mardi Gras, Detroit 2003 was something."

"Don't worry. I'll talk to Den." Heeyoung assures Jaemin.

"I need to leave. Please inform the others for me." Heeyoung waves, practically running out of the shop.


"Are you heading over for lunch?" Jongin asks, picking up the call from his wife.

"I'm sorry. I have to take a rain check." Heeyoung says.

"Are you okay?" Jongin worries at her somber tone.

She exhales, "Jayden issues. Jae and I can handle it. Don't forget to eat."

"I won't, Mrs.Kim." He smiles, setting his phone on speaker and sending his secretary an email to order lunch.

"Jongin." Her voice echoes in the large office,

"Hmm."

"Do you remember our first trip to Italy?" She suddenly asks,

A fond smile blooms on his face, "Of course."

"That's where I realized the depth of my feelings were more than like." She tells him,

"The moment I realized I loved you was when I walked in on Minsu and you napping. I knew then I wanted to live every day with you." He confesses,

"You want to know something." She whispers,

"What?" Jongin plays along,

"After I realized my feelings, I got on the first flight to Taehyung. Thankfully, he was in Milan for work. After he let me rant, he yelled at me, and send me right back to you." She reveals,

"How many times have you run away?" He narrows his eyes, listening to his wife's confession about a few of her 'business' trips.

"Honestly, It doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is you always came back to me." Jongin tells her.

"Of course, I come back. I love you." Heeyoung sniffs,

"Baby?"

"I'm fine. I was choosing the pictures for whopper's announcement, so I'm slightly emotional."

"Are you sure?" He worries,

"Jongin Kim, I love you." She suddenly says,

"I love you more." Jongin responds,

"Honey, I trust you to take care of our whopper even when I'm not with you." She hurriedly hangs up.

Concerned, he tries calling her back, but she doesn't pick up.

I love you, always. ~ My Wife

I love you more, forever. ~ Husband