Gone

Trust, Let's Trust.

"Can you contact Hope?" Taehyung asks, barging into Jongin's office,

"What?" Jongin startles at the sudden intrusion, his secretary helplessly eyeing the model.

"We were supposed to meet hours ago, but she's not responding to my calls or texts," Taehyung frowns,

Jongin waves his secretary away and saves his works before turning to Taehyung, "She mentioned Jayden issues when we talked a while ago."

Taehyung hurriedly pulls out his phone, "Where's Jayden?"

"What?" Seol's voice booms through the phone speaker.

"Jayden. Where is he?" Taehyung grits, annoyed.

"It's Friday, Taehyung. He should be in school, but you never know with Jaemin." She answers, not bothered by his tone.

"Jaemin?" Taehyung mumbles, hanging up on Seol without a goodbye.

Taehyung dials Jaemin, but his calls are directed to voicemail, angering the younger.

After multiple tries, Taehyung dials a different number, "Locate ID 11, 13, and 05, immediately."

"We're unable to pinpoint their location, sir."

"Th-" He's cut off as a pissed Sehun storms in, "The hell are you doing here?" He snaps at Taehyung,

"Sehun," Jongin gasps, shocked at his hostile tone.

Wordlessly, Sehun tosses an envelope to Jongin. Pulling out the first document, Jongin drops the envelope, and another letter falls out.

~

I'm sorry, but I can't lie to myself anymore. The more time I spend with Kim Jaemin, the more I realize I haven't moved on. After looking over our memories, I've begun to think about the what-ifs, and I feel it's worth it to give it a try. I'm sorry, Jongin Oppa, but I can't be with you anymore. Kim Jaemin is my first love, and still holds a huge part of my heart. Oppa, please sign the papers, and let's move on happily.

Byun Heeyoung.

Don't worry about the child, Jaemin and I will raise him as ours.

~

Sehun snatches the letter from Taehyung and hands it to Jongin, just as Jongdae and Junmyeon walk in.

"Why'd you make us hurry over?" Jongdae whines, but sensing the tense atmosphere, he quietens down.

Glancing at the divorce papers with Heeyoung's signature, Taehyung makes a phone call.

"In the last month, have you prepared any documents for Hope?" Taehyung questions,

"Her will," Taemin answers, slightly wary.

"Anything else?"

"No. Why? Is everything okay?"

Taehyung warily sighs, "Is there anyone else she would have gone to?"

"Haechan or Hana. Maybe Lawyer Oh?"

"If she wanted divorce papers? Do you think she might've talked to one of your associates?"

"Divorce papers? When she first got married, she had me prepare them." Taemin reveals, shocking the listeners, "However, once the husband and her got serious, she had me shred them."

"But if she wanted them again?"

"She doesn't, Tae. If she did, we would have to rewrite her will. She's left many of her assets to her husband. It would be a fu*king pain for me to rewrite her will and the divorce agreement, not to mention child custody and the-" Taemin groans, imagining the hassle if Hope and Jongin were to get divorced.

Frustrated Taehyung cuts his older brother off, "What if-"

"What the actual fu*k is going on, Taehyung Kim?" Taemin snaps, and Taehyung informs him about the divorce papers.

"Let me check them," Taemin says.

~

"She signs her documents Heeyoung Park, not Byun Heeyoung." Taemin informs them after examining the papers, "Also, there's no mention of personal property or her child. There is not a clause regarding custody. Hope wouldn't forget that. Those papers are fake."

"Where's the proof?" Sehun scowls, looking at his best friend's fallen expression.

"That's not her signature doofus." Taehyung frowns,

"Who knows, she might be too busy running off with her lover." Sehun sneers, ignoring Jongin's glare.

"Heeyoung can't properly read or write hangul. Not this well." Junmyeon says, reading over the letter.

"What?"

"Heeyoung couldn't have written this letter. There are zero errors, and the vocabulary is advanced." Junmyeon explains,

"Might I point out? She would never call Jongin Oppa?" Jongdae adds, reading the letter with Junmyeon,

"Or Kim Jaemin? It's always Jaemin Kim." Junmyeon nods,

Jongin finally speaks up, "Heeyoung won't do this to me. She loves me."

"Then why isn't she picking up her phone?" Sehun asks,

"That's what I want to know." Taehyung shouts,

His phone rings then, "Hyung." 

"I don't know. They're unable to locate them."

"The husband's office."

"Lawyer Oh, Jongdae and Junmyeon."

"Okay."

Taehyung heavily sighs, turning to Junmyeon. "Jayden and Jaemin can't be tracked, either."

The information shocks the others.

"Hyung has asked to keep this among ourselves. Especially from Seol." Taehyung says, sending them a location on his way out.


"What do we know?" Haejin asks, walking into the conference room at the Park residence.

"Their trackers have been off for hours," Taehyung says,

"Jayden and Jaemin?" Hyungsik asks,

"Jayden's security team said they saw Jaemin zoom out of school, but they lost him in traffic. They informed Seol, but since Jaemin has done this multiple times, they didn't report it. We're not sure whether Jayden and Jaemin are actually missing. Considering, Jaemin occasionally turns off their trackers." Taehyung frowns.

"Do we have the last location on Hope?" Haejin asks, taking a seat.

"SBG Mall." Jongin answers.

The group turns to Bora as she makes a call.

A few moments later, the projection screen comes to life. The CCTV footage shows Hope walking into an ice cream parlor with Yiming.

Taehyung doesn't hesitate to call her, "Did you meet Hope today?"

"We went shopping today, but she left in a hurry." Yiming's voice booms through the speaker.

"What car was she driving?" Haejin asks Jongin,

"Benz Gle."

Haejin sends out a text.

"She left her phone on the table, but it's out of battery," Yiming says.

"Do you mind dropping it off? I'll text you the address." Taehyung requests,

"We got a location on her car." Hyungsik informs them, "Team C is headed over."

~

"What's going on?" Haechan wonders, stepping into the room with Yiming, Bomi, and Chanyeol.

"The phone?" Taehyung impatiently asks, almost snatching it out of Yiming's hands and plugging it into a charger.

"You're here?" Yiming walks to her husband as Bora explains the situation to them.

"You have to tell the others." Bomi urges,

"We can't. We don't have the status on Jayden or Jaemin. We're not sure if they're even safe or not." Jiara argues,

"Did anything seem weird with Heeyoung?" Jongin asks Yiming,

"Not really. She left after getting a phone call from Jaemin. They talked about Jayden issues and Mardi Gras, Detroit 2000-. I'm not too sure." The temperature in the room drops as everyone turns to Yiming.

"What did she say?" Bomi hesitantly asks,

"She asked Jaemin, since when does he have Jayden issues? And after, she said Mardi gras, Detroit 2000 something? I don't remember the exact year." Yiming recalls,

"The phone is on." Chanyeol points,

Taehyung uses Jongin's thumb to unlock the device. Reading the text, Taehyung freezes, the phone falling out of his hand.

"Taehyung." Bomi shakily calls as Jongin picks up the phone,

"It's a location with the caption Detroit, 2003," Jongin informs them,

"No." Bomi grabs the phone from Jongin, and Haechan looks over her shoulder.

"What's the location?" Haejin calmly asks,

Haechan hands the phone over to him while Taehyung and Bomi snap out of their thoughts.

"Text us the location," Bomi says, running out of the room with Taehyung.

"Hyung." Hyungsik looks at his older brother.

Seeing the anxious look on Jongin's face, Jiara steps forward, "Take Jongin with you." She instructs Hyungsik,

Hyungsik nods, sprinting out of the room with Jongin.

As they're getting in the car, the back door opens, and Junmyeon and Sehun climb in.

~

By the time Hyungsik parks in front of an abandoned building, Bomi and Taehyung have gone inside the building. Jongin is surprised to see a large group of armed professionals, but they're not police officers. They quietly follow Hyungsik to talk to the leader of the armed force.

"Do we have visual?" Hyungsik asks,

"We do." There's a live recording projecting from the team inside. 

"Do you see anyone?" Hyungsik speaks into the communicator, 

"We've come across five bodies with a gunshot through their forehead."

Hyungsik grabs the table as Bomi's voice sounds through, "It's not them."

"I want to go inside," Jongin speaks up,

"Jongin's here?" Bomi asks, 

"With Junmyeon and Sehun." Hyungsik sighs,

"Hyung." Taehyung calls,

"Did you find them?" Hyungsik frantically asks, 

"First floor, c-clear." Taehyung states, 

"Second floor, clear," Bomi adds.

"What about Hope?" Hyungsik asks,

"There are signs of an altercation, but no Hope." Bomi frowns,

"You might want to come inside," Taehyung informs them.

~

The four men head inside once they're wearing safety gear. At each turning point, they find a dead body. Though Junmyeon is terrified, he is more worried about his son and thus, turns a blind eye.

"Bomi," Startled, the group hurries over to see Taehyung crouching in the middle of the building.

"What?" Bomi pokes her head out from the second floor, looking directly at Taehyung.

Using a pair of tweezers, Taehyung holds up a ring. Jongin immediately recognizes it, considering he's the one who designed it for his wife. What surprises them more is seeing the floor stained red. Taehyung bags the ring and passes it to be examined.

"They've gotten blood samples. We should have the results soon." Taehyung tells them, staring at the huge red stain on the concrete floor.

"Sir, we found this in one of the back rooms." A female holds out a bright red and black backpack. Junmyeon chokes, recognizing Jayden's school bag.

"That's Jayden." He blurts, blinking his tears away.

"We found empty bottles of sedatives and needles in the same room." The female informs them,

"We found Jaemin's phone, not sure if anything can be retrieved though." Bomi's voice echoes through the earbuds.

"What now?"


"Do you know where Jaemin is?" Hana calls Haechan since none of the others are answering their phones.

"Hana." Haechan stammers the tone alerting her.

"What's going on?"

"They're missing," Haechan shakily states, glancing around the room.

Haejin and Chanyeol have stepped out of the room. While Jiara, Bora, Yiming, and Jongdae are looking through traffic cameras for the missing trio.

"What do you mean?" Hana asks, sending her husband a text. She was getting off work when Seol called her, ranting about Jaemin and Jayden not answering her calls.

"It's a 2003," Haechan tells her. Hana's steps falter at his words.

"2003?" Hana repeats, "Why didn't you call us?" She fumes,

"We're not sure about the situation. We didn't want anyone unnecessarily worrying." He tiredly sighs,

"You-" Hana takes a deep breath to calm herself, "What's the situation?" She asks, getting into Eddy's car.

"I'm putting you on speaker with Eddy." She tells him,

Haechan informs them of the situation, "There's a forensic team on the site collecting blood samples."

"What do we tell Seol and Junmyeon?" Hana worries,

"Junmyeon knows. He's at the site with Jongin and Sehun."

"Even Lawyer Oh?" Hana asks, surprised,

"Whoever is behind this carefully planned it through. They send Lawyer Oh divorce papers and a letter, both signed by Byun Heeyoung. They tried to frame Hope and Jaemin as eloping lovers." Haechan informs them,

"What the fu*k?"

"I'm not sure how they wanted Jayden to fit into this." Haechan sighs,

"Does Minho know?" Eddy voices,

"Hyung is speaking to him right now."

"We'll pick Seol up and head over to the Park residence. We'll break the news to her then."


"Bring me my son." Seol screams,

The others watch her teary-eyed, but they're helpless themselves.

"Why can't you find them? You're Haejin Park."

"Seol." Hana wraps a comforting arm around her shoulders.

Taehyung and the others walk into the room as Seol breaks down sobbing.

Seeing Junmyeon, Seol rushes to him and grabs his hands, "Where's my Jayden? You went to look for him right, where is he?" She cries,

"I'm sorry." Junmyeon apologizes, pulling her to his chest.

"Don't say sorry. Just bring me back my Jayden." Seol yells, hitting Junmyeon's chest.

A loud ring shifts their attention to Eddy, "Elle." He answers,

"Hold on." He says, switching to speaker mode.

"Speak." He instructs his older sister.

"Has Hope lost her mind?" Elle asks,

"What the fu*k are you saying?" Hyungsik grits,

"Watch your tone, as*hole." Elle snaps, "The channel received a tip about Byun Heeyoung demanding a divorce from Kim Jongin, along with a letter declaring her love for Kim Jaemin."

"Did they receive an email?" Bora asks,

"Yeah. I tried to have it tracked, but it's untraceable." She sighs,

"Has Hope lost her mind? Or is this a trick to get Jongin to hate her, so should anything happen, he can move on?" Elle asks,

Eddy stops himself from rolling his eyes, "It's a 2003 situation."

"Who?" Elle's tone sharpens,

"Hope, Jaemin and Jayden."

"Current status?"

"Gone."