~8~

Start of Something New

Minho was in the restroom thinking back to just a few minutes ago. What was he thinking? Touching Joohyun like that and even proposing that outrageous idea. But was was Joohyun thinking when she agreed to it? Looking at his reflection in the mirror in front of him, he sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

While Minho left to go to the restroom, Joohyun sat down on a stool in front of what seemed to be a bar that only had non alcoholic drinks. Joohyun expected Jackson to have the alcoholic drinks and she looked around at the party. Joohyun’s eyes trailed over the party that laid out in front of her. It was dark and lights were flashing, causing Joohyun to move her eyes from the dance floor to the people in front of her. She saw someone walk up to her and she could only stare as she waited for the person to get closer so she could identify the person. Joohyun’s eyes lighted up as she realized Jackson’s build. Smiling, she stood up and walked closer to the person.

“Hey Ja-” Joohyun’s greeting was cut short as she realized the guy in front of her was not Jackson. Joohyun took a step back only to have the guy in front of her take a step forward. He kept stepping forward until her back hit the top of the bar. Smiling, the guy put his arms next to her waist, caging her in his arms. His eyes trailed up and down, looking at the hot body in front of him that was clothed in a tight black dress.

“Back off.” Joohyun barely got the words out because closed up on her. The guy only smirked and put his arms closer to her body.

“Back off.” Joohyun said it louder and tried to push him off. Where was Minho and why was he taking so long in the restroom? The guy smirked and put his hands on her waist and lower back. Suddenly, she felt a strong grip around her waist and another arm that pushed the guy’s hands and arms away.

“Are you dumb? She says to back off.” Joohyun, still nervous and anxious from what just happened instinctively curled away from the male who was protecting her from the stranger. Her eyes trailed up and realized it was Minho. After seeing who it was, Joohyun melted in his arms and found herself completely in his arms, her body fitting perfectly against his.

“Why don’t you back off? It’s not even your damn business!” The stranger exclaimed, trying to get closer to Joohyun again. Minho had fire in his eyes while the stranger was talking to him.

“We’re dating. Now can you off?!” Minho was so ticked off by the guy that he blurted out their ‘relationship’. The guy finally seemed to realize what was going on and his eyes turned fire like as. Shaking his head, he walked away. Joohyun was still curled up again Minho, attracted to his body warmth. Minho looked down when he felt her head tilt up at him. Joohyun talked to him with an easygoing smile, but because of the loud music, Minho couldn’t hear. He leaned down next to so he could hear her better.

“So. Dating huh?” Joohyun told him and let out a laugh afterward.

“You seemed to be fine with it” Minho let out a small smile back. Joohyun looked around and realized that everyone else was on the dance floor. Taking Minho’s hand, she led him to the dance floor. Minho was still thinking of why he said that they were in a relationship when the fake agreement would only last today. Suddenly, he felt a hand wrap around his and felt it pull him to the dance floor, the center of the party. His hand fit so perfectly with the hand holding his and he realized it was Joohyun’s hand. Joohyun felt the vibrations on the floor and it vibrated her heart as well, making it thump to the rhythm. Letting loose the stress on the situation that just happened and all the school stress that was building up, Joohyun let herself go and danced around. Completely immersed in the music, she realized that Minho was standing frozen next to her. Slowing down her moves, she studied him. He seemed to be uninterested, looking around in a bored way, casual glancing to people. Joohyun shook her head slightly and stepped closer to him and danced next to him, making sure her body was colliding and hitting into his, to bring his focus back on the dancing.

Minho was at the dance floor when he felt Joohyun’s body constantly hitting his side. Minho almost groaned out loud, it was unfair how her body could move and it was mean of her to use that body on him. When she first started dancing, his eyes zoned into her body and how it was moving. After he realized he was staring at her body, he forced himself to look away and look around as if he was uninterested. He tried to keep his eyes off her and her body that was covered by the tight black dress. But when he saw out of his peripheral vision that she stopped and walked closer to her, his body tensed in both nervousness and anticipation. When she started dancing so close to him, he almost wanted to move away. His mind was already conflicted with the different feelings going on, the fake relationship agreement, his claiming of her being his girlfriend, and so much more and with the dancing, he didn’t know what to think of their relationship.

Joohyun, high on the adrenaline of dancing and the loud beat, wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down while slightly tip toeing.

“What’s wrong?” She asked next to his ear. Minho pulled away and shook his head, indicating that everything was fine. Arms still around his neck, Joohyun smiled and leaned her head on his chest, moving her feet to the beat. Slowly, she felt his arms wrap around her waist and felt his muscles relax. All of a sudden, the music stopped and there was a silence, causing everyone to look up at the DJ. Instead of finding the DJ, their eyes landed on the host of the party, Jackson. Looking directly at Minho and Joohyun, he grabbed the mic and smiled wolfishly, like he was about to break big news.

“It seems like some people want a slow song, hugging each other so close and swaying with fast music. So we’re going to slow it down for a bit.” Everyone followed his gaze to Minho and Joohyun, who were still in the hugging position, except Joohyun’s head wasn’t on Minho’s chest anymore, it was raised to see Jackson. As everyone looked and either laughed or whooped, she buried her head back into his chest, which was surprisingly more solid than she anticipated. Minho laughed at her reaction and as the light dimmed again and the slow music started, he held her even closer and started dancing again, this time without Joohyun leading him.

As Jackson stepped down from the stage, he could see Minho and Joohyun hugging and dancing, with even closer proximity than before. Jackson felt an arm pull him down, and he stumbled down the steps that led up to the stage.

“I knew you had a plan but I didn’t know THAT was your plan!” Seulgi laughed out loud while saying that at him. The music and atmosphere had reached Seulgi too, her eyes alive and face relaxed. Jackson shook his head, and led her to the center of the dance stage. Minho and Joohyun weren’t the only ones he wanted to play the song for. Pulling Seulgi closer to him, he slid his arms around her waist and looked at her face to check her reaction. If she reacted negatively, he could play it off but if she looked fine, he would make his move.

Jackson liked Seulgi for a long time, since Freshman year of high school. She was far away from his social group of friends, but as the years passed, they ended up in the same friend group, and shared 4 out of the 6 periods in Junior year. With Joohyun and Minho going on, they got even closer Senior year. Jackson always thought Seulgi was pretty and looked cute, especially when she smiled and joked around. He held big parties every year, and this was her second time coming to the party, and was the first time she stayed this long. Last time, she left soon, disappearing before Jackson could even pull her to the dance floor. But this time, he could dance with her, and found his confidence to bring her to the dance floor.

When Seulgi realized what Jackson was doing, she smiled. She knew he liked her for a while, word had spread. His funny jokes and the way he would make the atmosphere so bright all the time started to affect her as well, and she found feelings slowly growing inside her. When Jackson put his arms around his waist like that, she felt herself automatically leaning in and wrapping her arms around his waist as well, hanging down casually.

“So Jackson, Minho and Joohyun weren’t the only ones who wanted this dance huh?” Seulgi asked with an easygoing smile, looking up at him. Jackson laughed and pulled her even tighter so their bodies were clad touching each other, and leaned down to whisper something in her ear.

“You like it though, don’t you?” Seulgi groaned at his cockiness and continued to sway to the beat. Seulgi turned right and realized that Minho and Joohyun were there, looking at each other like they were the only two that existed. Jackson followed Seulgi’s gaze to the couple, and smiled. His plan was going as planned, to finally make Minho realize his feelings.

All too soon, the upbeat music was back on, and the two couples separated. Joohyun looked around and realized that Seulgi and Jackson were a mere few feet away from her, and led Minho to the two. Laughing, she started dancing with Seulgi, body rolling and showing cringey moves. Minho and Jackson, who were stupefied at the dancing, laughed and soon joined them. The night ended with feelings confirmed for some and even more confusion of what they were for two others. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So this is a quick chapter and it ended up being shorter than what I thought it would be but I didn't know when to finish it ahahhahaah.

Hope you guys enjoy it and pleasepleasePLEASE leave comments, it gives me motivation to keep writing and thanks for reading guys!