~4~

Start of Something New

After making the teams, everyone was dismissed to change back into their regular uniforms. As Joohyun and Seulgi left the locker room, Minho and Jackson approached them, and shared their schedule. To their surprise, they realized that they had more classes with them, although in 4th they were completely separated. The bell rang, signaling the end of 3rd period and to passing period.

“Tomorrow will be the day you will be picking the dance so get ready.” Mr. Park announced as people were leaving the room. Joohyun started to make her way to her 4th period, history with a blank face, zoning out while walking. She reached her fourth period with not much hardships, and walked into the class. The class was fairly empty, seeing how the dance quad and the history quad were in similar areas. Sitting down in the front, Joohyun opened her notebook and took out her pencil case. As people filed in, the teacher introduced herself to the class, and started with note taking. After a while, the bell rang again, signaling the end of the period, and the start of lunch. Joohyun took felt her phone vibrate, and took it out to check. She saw Seulgi’s ID calling her, and answered the phone with a small smile.

“Wanna meet outside where the big tree is? Its next to the dance class.” Seulgi asked through the phone.

“Sure, I’ll be there soon” Joohyun replied. After hanging up, Joohyun started to leave the class, only to be hit by a paper that was balled up. Picking up the paper, Joohyun looked around to find the person that threw it. Unfortunately, there were groups of students also ready to get out and so she couldn’t look past the wall of students. Soon, the groups started shoving her out the door, wanting to go out and eat lunch. Joohyun gave up looking and decided to meet Seulgi at the big tree next to the dance class. The balled up paper in her hand, forgotten as Joohyun became more excited about eating with Seulgi. She walked to the tree without interruption, and saw Seulgi already waiting for her. She seemed to be talking to a guy while sitting down. Joohyun didn’t want to interrupt them when she realized how much fun Seulgi was having so she took a few step backwards until she hit something. In surprise, she turned around quickly, losing balance and falling backwards. Eyes wide, she realized that she was falling towards the ground, and then looked up to see who she hit.

Hands flew out to grab her waist, in hope of steadying Joohyun. Successfully, the hands grabbed onto her waist and Joohyun’s eyes flitted up to match his.

“Thanks Minho.” Joohyun breathily whispered. Minho smiled in response, and slowly brought her up to stand again.

“Why were you stepping back?” Minho asked after Joohyun was on her feet. Joohyun laughed in embarrassment and pointed to where Seulgi was still talking to the mysterious guy. Minho laughed after he looked to where she was pointing.

Soon he asked her with his low voice. “Is Jackson and Seulgi a thing?” Joohyun gave a short laugh until she realized how close they were during dance class.

“I have no idea…” She said more to herself than to Minho. She would have to observe them further. Silence fell upon the two and they continued to observe Seulgi and Jackson’s interactions. Seconds passed, and then a few minutes, until it was finally 5 minutes into lunch, Minho decided to talk.

“So are we going to stand here forever or do you want to come with me and eat somewhere else?” Minho asked. In a daze, Joohyun nodded. As Minho started to turn away and walk, he realized that Joohyun was still standing at the previous spot. Minho shook his head and went back and grabbed her wrist, waking her from the stupor. Joohyun stumbled for a moment and then promptly followed after him. She was then aware of the whispers of other people. Worry set in as she remembered what the girl said to her about leaving Minho alone. Joohyun looked around and saw a group of girls taking a video and whispering behind their hands. Joohyun yanked her hand out of Minho’s grip. Minho’s eyes hardened at the action and looked around, spotting the girls with the cameras.

Leaving Joohyun standing while looking at the floor, Minho walked up to the girls, yanking the camera out of their hands and deleting the video. He glared at the girls and walked back to Joohyun. Grabbing her wrist, he dragged her to an isolated part of the school, the back where there was a staircase to the second floor, the emergency staircase.

“If there’s anything that happens tell me Joohyun. Especially if it’s because of me.” Joohyun looked up, surprised at what he said. Confused, she wondered how he knew. She tried her best to not make it obvious. Minho took out a crumpled piece of paper rolled into a ball. Joohyun’s eyes widened in realization. That was the paper that was thrown at her a while ago. How did Minho have it though?

“It fell out of your pocket a while ago when you bumped into me and I checked it while you were spacing out. Why did you hide these stuff from me?” Minho asked, worry and irritation filling his eyes. Joohyun looked at him in confusion. What was written on the paper that made him so mad? Irritated that he was getting irritated for her, she took the paper from his hands to check what it said.

Be careful, . Leave Minho alone. This is your last warning.

Joohyun read the paper and didn’t know how to react. Half of her was very worried about her future. The other half wanted to laugh. Really? This was what these girls resorted to? Not even face-to-face confrontation but a note… thrown at her from an anonymous person. The more she thought about it, a smile came up on her face. But when she looked up at Minho’s face, she realized how serious he had taken this threat.

“It’s fine Minho. It’ll be fine.” Minho only looked at Joohyun in disbelief. She was the one who had made him let go of her wrist in fear of the cameras. Where was this confidence coming from? He hated that he was causing pain and burden to another person, especially one that he didn’t meet too long ago and was more attached than what he would like to admit. As he stared at her face, he was really struck by her beauty. She was glowing, and every hair strand that would fall out of the way she put it behind her ear was mesmerizing. She was really the only girl that he found this mesmerizing.

The bell rang, shaking Minho out of his stupor. Joohyun stood up, her face scrunching up as she realized lunch was over. She couldn’t eat lunch and she could already feel the hunger settling in. Sighing, she looked at Minho, who looked at her with absolute confusion.

“What’s wrong?” She asked, worried that he was really overthinking the situation.

“Nothing… What was your next class?” Minho asked, putting on his backpack and carrying Joohyun’s textbooks that were on the side.

“It’s the singing rapping class.” Joohyun replied, taking her textbooks from his arms.

“Wait don’t we have 5th and 6th together?” Minho asked, trying to take at least one of her two textbooks to lighten her load. Joohyun nodded after remembering his schedule. Smiling at his efforts to carry her textbooks, she let him carry one of them. Minho was still very lost in his thoughts about the notes. Realizing this, Joohyun tried cracking jokes, making him smile.

As they walked to their 5th period, they were unaware of a camera lense hiding behind a pillar. The person holding the camera smirked. Taking out her phone, she pressed a number.

“Naeun? I have something you would want to see.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I'm gonna keep this end note really short. Thanks for reading and being interested in this story. Please leave comments it becomes my strongest motivation to keep writing. I'll try to update at least once a week. Thanks!