~7~

Start of Something New

The week sped by with the dance being near completion, with only details to touch up. The dance was fixed in a way where much more skin contact occurred after the teacher’s advice to do so. Body rolls, hip s, and close contact between Minho and Joohyun as well as Seulgi and Jackson brought them closer, while Minho and Joohyun increased tension. Minho started trying to shut his feelings down, and was in near success. His heart, although erratic next to her, was pushed away and ignored. Joohyun gave up in the few days she tried to approach and confirm his feelings. On Friday, Seulgi burst into Joohyun’s 6th period as people were leaving.

“Joohyun! We are going SHOPPING!!” Seulgi was so excited for the party. She loved dancing and she wanted to dress up and just look pretty.

“What? Jackson’s party?? I don’t have a dress and I don’t really want to go.” Joohyun uncaringly spit out the words while packing up. Seulgi shook her head in denial. She was set on making Joohyun go and making her the prettiest girl in that room.

“Nope. We are going shopping today.” Seulgi dragged Joohyun out and threw their backpacks in Seulgi’s car. She threw Joohyun a bag full of clothes to wear out while shopping and dragged her back in school to change.

“How did you even know my size?” Joohyun asked while looking through the clothes that were all perfectly her size.

“It’s not hard you look like a small Joohyun.” Seulgi laughed, already changing. Sighing, Joohyun changed into the clothes Seulgi brought her, and she realized that it really fit her style. It was a baby pink oversized knit sweater and black jeans that fit her perfectly. Seulgi was wearing a yellow oversized sweater and white jeans that also fit her perfectly. After dressing up, Seulgi and Joohyun walked out of the school, causing all the boys and the girls to turn their heads to look at them.

They took Seulgi’s car to Hongdae to go dress shopping. The shops were spread out in front of them and not a lot of people were walking because it was still the afternoon.

“Hey I know these shops that have a lot of cute clothes lets go to that street first.” Seulgi proposed, her eyes lighting up at the thought of shopping. Joohyun let out a laugh after looking at Seulgi’s excitement. After walking for a few minutes, they found the streets that had a great amount of just… clothes.

“Wow.” Joohyun’s eyes widened as she realized she was probably going to be visiting every shop on that street. They walked into the first shop where there were a lot of nice dresses. It was pink and had a cute concept. Joohyun walked over to a rack of dresses and start looking through them. Most of them were cute and pure; white dresses and baby pink dresses. As she was looking through them, she saw a white dress that was tight at the waist and flared out. Seulgi who was next to her nodded in approval and pointed to the dressing room. Seulgi herself was holding a few dresses, one a light white dress and another that was baby pink. Joohyun put the white dress on and looked at herself in the mirror. She liked the fit of the dress but didn’t like the one color on it.

Hours passed and they had a few cute outfits but nothing that would be fit for Jackson’s party. Seulgi knew what kind of parties Jackson held and she knew that there would be an overall dress code of tight dresses and button ups for guys. It was already night and they stopped at multiple food carts to get food. Continuing shopping, they walked into a clothe store that seemed to have a lot of tighter dresses. Their eyes shifted to a black dress section and they walked over. After shifting just a few dresses, Seulgi found a skin tight black turtleneck dress that had long sleeves.

“That would look so good on you.” Joohyun exclaimed after glancing at the dress. As Joohyun kept looking, a dress caught her eye. It was a black dress that had a collar on it and the collar was attached to the chest area with a see through piece of cloth. The black dress was a skin tight dress that had long sleeves. Joohyun brought the dress with her to the dressing room. The black dress that Joohyun and Seulgi brought in fit their bodies perfectly, and they walked out after changing into their regular clothes and bought the dresses.

After buying the dresses, Joohyun and Seulgi went and ate dinner at an Italian restaurant and Seulgi dropped Joohyun off at her house.

“Wanna come over tomorrow before the party to get ready?” Joohyun asked while she was getting out of the car.

“Yea sounds good.” Seulgi responded and they smiled and said bye to each other.

----------

The next day, Minho woke up around 2 o’clock. Yawning, he stood up from his bed and looked for his phone. He texted Jackson to see when he needed to be there to help set up for the party.

‘When do you need me there?’

‘Come around 6?’

‘Yea.’

Minho went downstairs and made himself a sandwich for lunch. He went and took a shower, wondering what girls would be there this year. Every year girls would flock to him and Jackson and try to impress them. Needless to say, Minho and Jackson weren’t often impressed by the girls in the party.

After showering, Minho went to his closet and opened it. He found a black button up and black jeans. Minho buttoned his buttons and left two ed to let himself breathe easier. He pulled his sleeves up and buttoned them to keep them in place. Walking back into the restroom, he styled his hair up and checked the time again. It was already 4 o’clock. It was too early and he didn’t have anything else to do so Minho called Jackson to ask if he could go now instead of later.

“Damn you must be really lonely. Come over and help me set up I guess.” Jackson replied, shaking his head in disappointment. How did his best friend one of the hottest in the whole school manage to be so lonely?

At Joohyun’s house, Joohyun was awake since 10 o’clock and just finished eating breakfast. She was sent a text from Seulgi who told her that she was on her way. Joohyun decided to take a quick shower so she could style her hair before she left. Realizing that Seulgi would be at her house in probably around 15 minutes, Joohyun hopped in the shower and rushed herself. As she stepped out, she quickly put on her undergarments and slipped on a shirt and sweats. The moment she pulled up her pants she heard the bell ring. Rushing downstairs, she opened the door with a hug.

“Did you just take a shower?” Seulgi laughed as she felt Joohyun’s wet hair. Joohyun let out a muttered yes as she brought Seulgi upstairs.

“We have literally 11 hours until the party what are we going to until then?” Joohyun said after looking at her wall clock. Seulgi and Joohyun made eye contact and they both looked at the bed. Letting out a laugh, both of them ran and jumped on Joohyun’s bed.

“So… What do you think about Jackson?” Joohyun asked Seulgi while wiggling her eyes. Seulgi’s face slowly turned red.

--------

After hours of talking and laughing, Joohyun and Seulgi finally started to get ready. They first slipped on their dresses and started curling their hair. After curling their hair, Joohyun and Seulgi started applying their makeup. Looking at the clock, Seulgi gasped as she realized they had less than 10 minutes left to get ready.

“Let’s just be late.” Joohyun laughed as she saw Seulgi’s face.

“Fashionably late.” Seulgi replied.

After nearly 45 minutes of applying makeup, they both looked at each other and smiled. Joohyun and Seulgi were impressed with each other’s makeup skills. Checking the time again, they realized it was already 9:30.

“Let’s go?” Seulgi asked Joohyun. Joohyun nodded as she grabbed her black heels and walked out of the house. This time, they both went in separate cars so they could go directly home after the party.

---------

Minho went to Jackson’s house at around 4:30 and started to help arrange furniture as well as set up the food and alcoholic drinks. Most of the people were near 18 or already 19 and would be able to legally drink. Soon, they were done and still had a lot of time left.

“You hungry? Let’s go get food.” Minho proposed after working for an hour or too. Taking Jackson’s car, the headed out for dinner and came back around 8 to finalize everything. Soon, people started coming in the house and Jackson got the music started and dimmed the lights. Jackson was hopping around greeting every person that would make it through the door and into the wild party. Even though he was hopping around, his eyes would always stray to the front door, waiting for a certain girl to come into the room and catch his eye. After nearly half an hour, Jackson started to get nervous. Maybe she wasn’t coming to the party after all. Jackson was greeting a group of junior guys when he heard talking cease and everyone’s head whipping towards the door. His jaw dropped as he saw the girl he was waiting for walk in with her friend. Jackson searched the crowd for Minho who had also spotted them and had a dark gleam in his eyes as he realized that all the guys were staring at the two. Jackson walked over to the two, trying to stop himself from smiling too widely.

“Seulgi! Joohyun! I almost thought you guys wouldn’t show up!” Jackson exclaimed laughing.

“I would call it fashionably late.” Joohyun said with a slight smirk on her face. It was Joohyun’s first time at a party like Jackson’s and she looked around in wonder at his huge house. It was like a mansion, a two story house. The first story was dark with flashing lights and loud music. There were couples kissing in every corner of that house and Joohyun realized what kind of party she was in. Seulgi on the other hand kept her eyes on Jackson. Jackson was wearing a white button up with buttons undone to give the slightest hint of his fit body and his sleeves were rolled up, showcasing his arms. Seulgi caught herself staring and looked at Jackson’s face and realized that he was staring at her too. Her face slowly turned red and Jackson looked up at her face and realized she caught him staring. Already buzzing with adrenaline from the party, Jackson took a step forward and hugged Seulgi by her waist and whispered in her ear.

“You’re really pretty today.” Seulgi let out a laugh and Jackson smiled when she said, “You too.”

Joohyun, as soon as Jackson hugged Seulgi, took off to the crowd, searching for people she knew. In the crowd, she spotted Minho towering over most the people in the crowd. Joohyun walked up to him easily because the crowd parted for her, all the guys and girls staring at her figure and curves in the tight dress. Joohyun didn’t realize that they were parting for her, and when she was close to Minho, she yelled his name out. Minho didn’t turn around, oblivious to the fact that he had been called. Joohyun tried two more times until she realized that no matter how many times she called Minho couldn’t hear her because of the loud music. Instead, she grabbed his arm, causing Minho to turn around quickly with a poker face on, thinking that she was just one of the other girls that wanted him. As soon as he realized who she was, he smiled at her as a greeting. When he smiled, Joohyun locked eyes with him and couldn’t take her eyes off his. Soon, her eyes trailed down to see his black button up shirt and his arms that were much more muscular than she remembered it. Minho’s eyes trailed down as she did and looked at he dress. It fit her so perfectly he was convinced the dress was made for her. The dress left nothing to imagination as her curves were hugged and the dress showed her legs. Joohyun said something out loud to Minho, who couldn’t hear what she was saying. His eyebrows furrowed as he tried to read her lips and piece together the few sounds he heard. Joohyun, who was frustrated at the sound of music signaled Minho to put his ear next to so he could hear what she was saying.

“You look good. All the girls were staring at you when I came in.” Joohyun said with a amused grin. Minho shook his head and leaned towards her ear to talk to her too.

“I think the person everyone is looking at tonight is you.” Joohyun laughed and Minho signaled with his head to look around. True enough, a lot of the guys were staring at her in almost animalistic hunger. Joohyun turned around with her face wrinkled up in displeasure and almost fear at what could happen. She looked up at Minho who was eyeing the guys one by one. Minho looked back at Joohyun, seeing if she was uncomfortable and was about to propose a plan but instead, Joohyun pulled him to the dance floor. The music wasn’t as loud as it was and they were able to hear without leaning towards each other.

Joohyun could feel the stares of the guys around her and instinctively she pulled herself closer to Minho. Minho, sensing her uncomfortableness, looped his arm around her waist and pulled her even close. Joohyun looked up in confusion until Minho started leaning down again to tell her something.

“Do you feel uncomfortable?” Minho asked and Joohyun slightly nodded, surprised that he picked it up when she was trying to keep it subtle.

“Let’s play pretend. It’ll keep the guys off you.” Minho proposed. Joohyun immediately caught onto his plan of playing pretend couple. Looking around at the guys who were still looking at her, and some who even stepped closer, she let out a grin. She took a step away from Minho and faced him so they were face-to-face. Minho raised an eyebrow to see what she would do next. He expected her to refuse the offer but when Joohyun smiled with a gleam in her eyes, he knew something was up. Joohyun took a step forward so she was right in front of Minho and looped her arms around his neck, Tip toeing, she talked into his ear.

“You sure? We’re going to have to be quite convincing you know.” Joohyun whispered and backed off to see his expressions. Minho smirked. If she wanted to be convincing, he could play convincing with her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and checked her expression. Heer eyes slightly widened at the sudden skinship and looked up at Minho.

“How far are we going to take this?” Minho asked. Joohyun shook her head, refusing to tell him anything. Joohyun was still confused about his feelings. Was he playing the role of a good guy friend when he saved her from the girls? Did he have any feelings towards her? Was she having a one-sided crush?