~3~

Start of Something New

Joohyun and Seulgi walked into the classroom together, looking around to see a large room with mirrors as a wall. The room had 3 doors on two sides, which led to other smaller rooms for more individual practice. When they walked in, they realized most of the people were already there in the class, and as Joohyun looked at the people’s reflection on the mirror, her eyes stopped at a familiar guy.

Minho

Joohyun’s breath hitched as her eyes stopped into his laughing figure. Looking beside him, she saw another guy with black hair who was quite attractive laughing as well. Suddenly, both their laughs died down as they realized that someone was looking at them through the mirror. Next to Joohyun, Seulgi’s eyes also narrowed in onto the two boys sitting on the floor. Seulgi’s eyes however stopped at the man next to Minho. Joohyun thought of where to sit. Should I sit next to Minho? Or should I keep away from him? As Joohyun was lost in her thoughts, Seulgi dragged her next to the guy next to Minho, who was currently on his phone waiting for the period to start.

“Hey Jackson!” Seulgi waved at the guy next to Minho.

“Who’s your friend Seulgi?” Jackson asked with a goofy smirk on his face. Joohyun looked at Jackson and naturally her eyes drifted to the man next to him. Her memory of his side profile from when the morning where she was running late was flashing back. He looked even more hands-

Joohyun felt a nudge and a giggle from Seulgi. As Joohyun came back to Earth, she saw Jackson’s confused face.

“He wants your name,” Seulgi whispered.

“Ahahah, yes. I’m Joohyun. Nice to meet you,” Joohyun said breathily, her sentence ending as the bell rang.

Minho’s lips curled up into a smile after hearing her name. From when she stepped into the class, her voice struck him like a bolt of lighting as he heard people admire her beauty. Minho had a hard time keeping his smile off his face when he felt her stare on him after Jackson asked about her name. The teacher walked out, and Joohyun was surprised that the teacher looked young, around in his young 30’s.

“Hello everyone. My name is Park Jisoo and I am your dance teacher. We will be doing a lot of dancing in groups to allow you to get used to synchronizing with others. Did everyone bring their dance outfit I emailed you to bring? Go change into it and meet me back here in 5 minutes. And for the girls the-” Students began to rush without the teacher even finishing his sentences, rushing to the changing rooms. Joohyun and Seulgi rushed to undress themselves and throw the clothes in the locker that was provided for that period. Joohyun struggled very hard with the new locker system and Seulgi teached her very quickly so they could make it in time. Joohyun and Seulgi rushed out and realized that they were the first girls out, while most of the guys were already standing.

“Did we come out early or something?” Seulgi whispered to Joohyun.

“I don’t even know…” Joohyun whispered back, as they realized that most of the guys were ogling at their leg line showing out due to the leggings.

“I usually give the girls 15 minutes but no one listened. Seulgi I thought you knew?” Mr. Park singled her out, staring at her in disappointment. Seulgi’s cheeks flushed as she realized her mistake.

“Yea.. I forgot about that.” Seulgi whispered out loud. The guys just smiled at the mistake, and a few murmured ‘cute’. Looking at the clock, Joohyun and Seulgi realized that they still had around 7 minutes left before class actually started.

“Hey Seulgi!” Jackson’s booming voice reached the duo, stopping all chatter that had started. Everyone stared at Jackson and Minho was was next to Jackson, and their eyes trailed to Seulgi and Joohyun. Slowly stepping back so their backs hit the wall, Joohyun and Seulgi decided to be part of the shadows. Silently, they walked to Jackson and Minho, blending in with the wall. As soon as the reached the pair, Seulgi reached out and smacked Jackson.

“You just had to yell across the room? Really Jackson?” Seulgi asked with her teeth locked, although there was clear amusement playing in her eyes. Joohyun let out a small laugh, looking at Jackson’s face.

“How were you supposed to know then? TeLePaThY?!” Jackson whispered-yelled, gaining attention from the people around us. As Seulgi formed a fist with her right hand to smack his in the stomach, Jackson had already doubled over. Minho stood next to him, his hand planted inside Jackson’s stomach. Seulgi laughed hard, holding her stomach as Joohyun laughed beside her, eyes turned up and mouth curled up in a happy laugh.

“Was that really necessary Minho?” Jackson croaked out, still holding his stomach. The four started laughing again, laughing at the pain that Jackson was in the satisfaction Minho had given. As they calmed down, they realized that most of the class was now in the room, and the teacher had opened the door and walked in.

“Good. Everyone get up and lets stretch.” All the students stood up and started to follow the stretching movements the teacher led. After a thorough stretching session, the teacher let the students sit down.

“Since this is a junior class, I expect everyone to have the basics down.” Mr. Park said, staring right at Joohyun. He knew that she was a transferee, and that was his warning to Joohyun about being behind in his class. That caused a fire to flame up in Joohyun’s eyes. She couldn’t believe that he was like this to her and Seulgi. Staring back, Joohyun felt her fury fire up again and felt that it turned into determination. Determination to prove the teacher that she was indeed deserving to be in this experienced junior dance class.

Mr. Park smirked. “Just to see how everyone’s dancing skills are doing, you will be in a group and dance to an assigned song. I need 6 groups of 4 and 2 groups of 5. I don’t care if its mixed genders just get into groups” As soon as he said that, the group of four looked at each other.

“So.. us four?” Jackson asked while making eye contact with Seulgi and Joohyun. They nodded, happy they were with people they knew and were slightly comfortable with. They didn’t notice one girl who wanted into the group however. She stood in the back of the room, thinking of a plan. If they were truly going to stay as a group of 4, then if she would wait until the last moment, she could join their group and make sure Joohyun was far away from Minho. Finally, the groups were made and she realized that there were all groups of four except one. Jumping at the opportunity, she went up, pretending to be desperate for a group.

“Hey guys.. I can’t find a group. Can I join yours?” She asked with a smile on her face.

“Sure! Let’s start with introductions,” Joohyun decided, wanting to start off in a good way.

“My name is Minho.”

“My name is Jackson.”

“My name is Seulgi.”

“My name is Jo-”

“Joohyun right? My friend talks a lot about you. My name is Yoojung.”