~5~

Start of Something New

Reaching their 5th period class singing and rapping class, they realized Seulgi and Jackson were still together. Looking at each other, Minho and Joohyun smiled at each other. Joohyun pulled Minho down slightly by pulling his jacket and motioning to come closer.

“Loook~ They look so cute together!” Joohyun whispered in his ear. Minho’s ears turned a light shade of pink. She was whispering in his ear! Pretending to listen, Minho nodded his head when in reality, he was becoming more and more self-conscious about her proximity. Joohyun smiled at him, laughing at Seulgi and Jackson who had seen the two with stricken and slightly mad faces. Minho looked at her in fascination. How could she be so pretty when she laughed? Her eyes turned into a half moon shape and she laughed widely. Her laugh faded when she realized that Minho was staring at her.

Whispering again, she asked “Is there something on my face?” It was Minho’s time to laugh. Shaking his head, he laughed more as he realized that he was staring. It was at this moment that Joohyun had her realization. Minho was a better looking man than she had first thought him to be. His laugh was contagious, and soon she found herself chuckling beside him. Their eyes found each other and they looked into them, finding sparks and feelings they didn’t know they would ever have, especially after knowing each other for such a short time.

“Joohyun! Where were you? I was waiting for you at the tree and you just never showed up!” Seulgi exclaimed. Joohyun laughed again and winked at her.

“But you weren’t waiting alone were you?” Minho added in, grunting after Jackson smacked his back to shut him up. Jackson sent him a glare, asking him to shut up and stop talking and making it obvious. Minho already knew that Jackson had a crush on Seulgi, starting from the moment he saw her. First because of her cute appearance, then her fun personality.

“Who were you with Minho? You texted me you were with someone” Jackson asked back, wiggling his eyebrows.

“No way! You guys were together?” Seulgi exclaimed out loud. Joohyun and Minho nodded, looking at each other and smiling. They had gotten much closer during lunch. As Jackson opened his mouth to tease them more, the teachers walked in. There was two; one with a blank expression and the other with a small smile.

The one with the smile introduced herself first. “Hello guys, I’m Solji. I’m going to be your vocal coach. The one with the blank face looked up and introduced himself. “Hello guys, my name is Daniel Lee but you can call me Tablo. I’m going to be teaching rap.” The teachers simply went over a syllabus and what was expected of the students. The bell rang soon and 6th period started. APBio was a fast and easy period due to the explanation of the syllabus. Soon, the bell rang, signaling the end of school. Joohyun was taking her time packing up, while Minho said bye and left to go to practice rap separately, as that was his hobby.

The day after, school went by smoothly, with the teachers giving the students time to adjust to the schedule. Dance class was spent taking the day to stretch and properly inform the students on dancing and causing the least injury possible.Joohyun met up with Seulgi to eat lunch without Jackson and Minho. There was an empty feeling without them, even though Joohyun had only known them for just a few days. They came into her life so suddenly and having Jackson with his loud voice had become a usual thing for Joohyun, as well as Minho silently standing there. Soon, after being taught the correct way to warm up voices to cause the least strain and AP Bio, where safety measures as well as an overview of the lab and emergency exits, the school bell rang, signaling the end of school. It was a busy and fast day that past like a whirlwind to Joohyun.

Joohyun decided to drop by the restroom before walking out to the subway. As she walked down the hallway, she heard steps behind her. Realizing that she was being followed, Joohyun turned around to see who it was, seeing Yoojung there with a blank face.

“Oh hey Yoojung! Why are you still here?” Joohyun asked, waving towards her. Yoojung didn’t answer and only walked up with a sinister smile on her face.

“Can you come to the restroom with me?” Yoojung asked, already grabbing Joohyun’s arms and dragging her there. Joohyun walked behind her in confusion. As soon as they reached the restroom, Yoojung fiercely pushed her into the restroom, stepping back as Joohyun stumbled in. She realized that the lights were off, and as her eyes were adjusting to the darkness, the lights were suddenly and Joohyun felt an amount of water thrown at her from above as well as her torso. She screamed, not expecting the cold water to splash her. Opening her eyes, she realized that Naeun, Yoojung, and 3 other girls were standing in front of her.

“What’d we tell you Joohyun? We told you to avoid him, to leave him alone. But you didn’t.” At the words, Joohyun almost rolled her eyes. As they fished out a phone, Joohyun’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion. It was a video of her and Minho from earlier after lunch when they walked together.

“Are you kidding me? How obsessive are yo-ugh” Jooyun angrily started her sentence but doubled over in pain when one of the girls hit her stomach. Yoojung brought in a bucket of water and handed it to Naeun.

“You too?” Joohyun groaned at Yoojung. The water splashed her across her face and dripped down her shirt. After the water, they punched her 3 more times on her stomach and arms. Joohyun shook her head in pain and realized that she needed to get out of there. Slowly, she let them continue punching her as she made her way towards the door. She was sure that is was unlocked because it was slightly opened. As the water and punching continued, she continued to lead them to the door until her back was on the door frame. Letting out groans due to the pain she was in, she reached for the door knob behind her back. Successfully opening the door, she ran out with the strength she had left. She put a nearby trash can on the door, barricading it shut for a temporary amount of time. Running away while constantly looking back, she ran into a hard chest again. Shivering due to the cold, she looked up to see Minho confusedly looking down at her.

“Joohyun why are you wet?” Minho asked while holding her close, trying to warm her up. Realizing that she was with a safe person, Joohyun’s legs gave out, and Minho grabbed at her waist in attempt to hold her up again. At this move, Joohyun whimpered in pain because Minho’s hands were pressing on the places she got punched.

She realized that Naeun and Yoojung’s group would soon catch up to her. As she thought this, she heard running footsteps and yelling from them.

“Joohyun you !” Naeun and Yoojung yelled out, not realizing that the person holding her up was Minho. Minho’s eyebrows furrowed. One of the girls he knew because she was well-known to be his number one fan on campus, and the other he knew because she was in their dance group. Minho’s jaw locked in anger.

Yoojung was the first to realize that Minho was there with Joohyun, and skidded to a stop. was open in surprise and fear. When she saw Minho’s jaw lock in anger and his eyes turn to look at her, she couldn’t help but realize that she would be absolutely ed in the dance group.

“Naeun?” Yoojung whisper cried out, tight from fear at the absolute hatred toward her.

Naeun stopped and looked back at Yoojung, to see that she was pointing at something at the end of the hallway. Slowly following her finger, she realized it led to a dark figure. Squinting her eyes, Naeun’s breath hitched as she realized that the figure was Minho.

“What are you guys doing right now?” Minho growled out, his voice irritated and angry.

“Why are you with her Minho?” Naeun replied.

“Why do you care? Leave her alone or I’m actually going to beat your up.” Minho growled.

“It’s literally been two days since you’ve met her Minho. Why do you even care so much?”

Minho didn’t have an answer to that question, and he realized as she asked that he didn’t know why he was so caring. Sending one last glare to Naeun, Minho dragged Joohyun away by the wrist. Joohyun was still shivering due to her wet clothes. Minho stopped after a few steps, not looking at her. With a heavy sigh, he turned around, taking off his jacket at the same time. As he handed it over to her, he realized that she was holding her stomach, hunching slightly. Through the sheer white wet uniform shirt, he could already see a purple bruise forming, as well as several on her arms.

“They hit you?” Minho whispered in shock. Joohyun looked down, silently cursing at whoever made the top white and so sheer.

“Y-yea, it doesn’t really hurt though.” Joohyun stated while her teeth were slightly shattering. Shaking his head, Minho handed over his jacket, helping Joohyun slip it on. As soon as he finished, he put one hand behind her back and another in front of her stomach and pushed them together slightly, eliciting a pained moan from Joohyun. Minho’s eyebrows furrowed as he realized Joohyun was lying to him. It furrowed even further when he realized how mad he was over her pain. It was literally only the second day. What were his feelings? Minho wanted to accompany Joohyun to her home but decided against it.

“Can you go home by yourself?” Minho asked Joohyun, not meeting her eyes. Joohyun nodded, and thanked him for the jacket, taking it off to hand it over to him.

“Keep it. Your t-shirt is still wet. I’ll see you tomorrow then.” Minho turned around and headed home, only thinking of how much Joohyun had already taken up his attention. How did she become such a big person in his life and why did he feel like that when she was hurt?

---------------------------

Hey guys! Thanks for reading this story :) I always look foward to the comments you guys leave so please don't be a silent reader!