~ 1 ~

Start of Something New

It was finally the beginning of Junior Year at the Seoul Performing Arts School. It was the first day, and everyone was nervous about coming back to school, wondering if there would be any new people or if there would be anyone who left.

Today was the day where schedules would be given out and everyone would be given a day to get used to coming back to school. Everyone was gathered in the gym for announcements and for a welcome by the principal. People filed into the gym, muttering amongst themselves about their classes. As the lights dimmed for the principal to start talking, the door was suddenly opened and one of the most popular guy came in with a girl following in soon after. Girls started fawning over the guy who started looking for his group of friends. Spotting them, he flashed the girl behind him a smile and left to go to his group. The majority of the girls frowned at the action and turned their attention onto the girl. To their disappointment, they saw how beautiful she was. She was another competitor to their social class and the group of popular kids.

The girl slowly looked up at the principal who was now situated in front of his podium with a sheepish and sorry smile.

“I’m sorry I’m a bit late I couldn’t find the gym.” She said with an airy voice. The principal just shook his head good naturedly and gestured for her to sit down at a seat. The girl gratefully nodded and went to one of the remaining seats at the back. She sat down next to a girl who turned and gave a small smile.

“Hey, I’m Seulgi. Kang Seulgi.” The girl in the seat whispered as she looked up at the principal who started his speech.

“I’m Joohyun.” Joohyun gave a small smile. The day was going better than she thought it would have, making what she would call a social contact with one of the students at her school. As the principal rambled on, Joohyun thought back to this morning and of the guy who helped her.

Flashback

Joohyun woke up early, an hour before school started to give her enough time to get ready. She stretched and walked out of bed, rubbing her eyes. Peering in the mirror, she was satisfied that her skin was clear and went to go wash her face and brush her teeth.

“You can do it!” she exclaimed while looking at her reflection in the mirror. Checking the time, Joohyun decide that she had enough time to put slight curls in her hair. Spritzing heat protectant spray in her hair, she hummed slightly. Just two weeks ago, Joohyun moved into a new and nice apartment only a 5 minute walk from her school. She lived alone now, her family at Daegu. Even though there were times that made her want to go back to her hometown, she held through and continued focusing on her dream; a singer.

Once Joohyun finished with her hair, she put on a thin layer of foundation and blush and applied mascara to make herself look more attentive. Slipping on her uniform, she packed her bag and walked out of the house with a small chocolate muffin in her hand. She realized that she only had 10 minutes until the bell rang and started walking.

Almost halfway there, she realized she forgot her phone at home and with widened eyes, looked at her watch. She had 5 minutes until the bell rang but she needed her phone and started to jog back to her apartment. After digging around for her phone, she found it on the counter next to the box of muffins. Now in a rush, Joohyun left in a hurry, and ended up bumping into a male with the same uniform colors as her as he rushed out as well. Colliding, Joohyun’s eyes widened as she felt her feet getting tangled up. As she was falling, she felt a hand wrap around her flailing wrist and yanked her up into something hard. Opening an eye, she realized her face had smacked into a chest. Joohyun’s cheek became rosy once she heard his beating heart and voice.

“Sorry, I was in such a rush to go. Are you going to Seoul Performing Arts School?” He asked looking flustered. Joohyun nodded gently, and he looked at his watch. With a boyish smile, he told Joohyun, “Well we better start running because all the buses have all left and we only have 3 minutes until school starts.

Joohyun  realize the situation and put distance between her and the guy and started to jog again back to her school. The guy laughed to himself and started to jog after her.

“What’s your name?” The guy asked grinning at Joohyun.

“Joohyun. You?” Joohyun airly responded.

“My name is Minho.”