CHAPTER 7 – BAEKHYUN HATES ME?

Show me the light

Luhan stopped walking when we were outside, he turned to me with a serious face; it was kind of unsettling because I only saw Luhan with a childish smile.

“Forget what he said, Baekhyun is not good with new people so that’s just him being protective, once he gets to know you I’m sure that he will love you.” I didn’t believe him but I still opened my notebook to write.

‘It’s ok I'm used to it and even if he doesn’t I won’t stay here for long so it doesn’t matter.’ Luhan just looked at me.

“You… I don’t know what happened to make you think so low of yourself but let me tell you that I already chose you as my best friend so you cant escape that easily ok?! Now, let's start eating before the pigs come and finish everything!” Luhan ran towards the BBQ.

I was stunned; he said that I was his best friend? But what does that mean? I’ve never had a friend before, how am I suppose to react to this?. I could feel a few tears trying to escape my eyes but I held them in, I can hear the other guys walking towards me and I didn’t want them to see me like this.

Taking a deep breath I walked to Luhan and started to help grill the meat.

Everybody is having fun and eating, I got introduce to a few others while I was cooking. Chen is really like they described him, Chanyeol too but they are more handsome than I imaged. Suho is grilling with me and yelling at his ‘kids’ every now and then.

Luhan was laughing loudly at something Sehun had said; Sehun has a scary face but he is a child just like Luhan so we got along quickly, mostly thanks to Luhan’s hyperactivity. Lay was having a calm conversation with Kyungsoo and Kai was eating.

Baekhyun is glaring at me, I could feel it but he didn’t do anything to me so I guess it’s fine.

“I know I said this before but sorry about Baekhyun, he is just protective of us.” Suho said in a soothing voice. Everyone had an apology for what Baekhyun said and I always said that it was ok. I just looked at Suho.

“He… lost people before so he doesn’t want to lose anyone anymore. I won’t go into detail because that is not my story to tell but please don’t take the words he said to heart.” I stopped what I was doing and grabbed my notebook.

‘Everyone has a past, I won’t ask because I know how hard it could be to remember something we want to forget. Don’t worry I really am fine.’ I won’t lie and say that I am not curious but I won’t ask if that’s what he wants.

“You are a good person Yin.” Suho just smiled at me so I smiled back.

I was going to ask him about something when I felt my notebook being ripped out of my hands. It surprised me so I turned around to see who it was.

“Baekhyun! What are you doing? Give Yin her notebook back!” Suho had stop grilling and was facing Baekhyun.

Baekhyun just faked smiled at me and laughed.

“If she wants to say something she can just say it! This is just her way to make us feel sorry for her!” Baekhyun was walking around the backyard attracting everyone's attention.

“Baekhyun! She can’t speak! Give it back to her!” Kai looked like he was about to punch him but Kyungsoo whispered something in his ear and he calmed down a bit.

“She is not mute! I heard Lay say it! Her vocal cords are fine! She is just being DRAMATIC!” Baekhyun by now was yelling. I gathered my courage to look at him and saw that he was angry, but I also saw fear. It was just a glimpse but I recognize fear even a mile away.

“Baehyun-“

“NO! you guys need to open your eyes! She just wants to take advantage of what we have.” Baekhyun was getting closer to the campfire, Kai looked like he just wanted to hit him, Luhan had a few tears in his eyes, everybody else was just looking conflicted about how to help.

“Baekhyun please stop being an and give Yin back her notebook.” Chanyeol casually talked to him while walking towards him. It seems that Baekhyun was about to listen to him but one look at me and I could see the anger rising again.

“So now everyone is taking the side of a stranger? Wow, thanks, guys.” I could see that Baekhyun was hurt by all of this, I don’t know what to do.

Baekhyun looked me straight in the eyes and threw the notebook to the fire. I didn't get the chance to react because next thing I knew Kyungsoo was struggling to pull back Kai from Beackhyun and Chanyeol was doing the same with Baekhyun.

They are fighting because of me; If I wasn’t here this wouldn’t happen. People are getting hurt because of me again, why is it always like this? Why can’t I find happiness even for just one day?

I was so in my thoughts that I didn't realize that someone was standing in front of me. I looked at him; it was that guy, the one who made me feel weird before. I felt cold all of a sudden.

“You don’t have to cry, they are fine.” I felt his hand brush my cheek wiping away a few tears. I didn’t even know I was crying. The guy just smiled at me and turned to look at Kai and Baekhyun.

“Well, you guys got everything out?” I saw Kai and Baekhyun look down and nod. ‘When did they stop fighting?’

“Good, then you know the rules.” Kai and Baekhyun turned to each other and apologized. I don’t know what is happening right now.

“Whenever we fight we have to let all the anger and frustrations out and when we are done we apologize to each other and move on; that’s the rule Xiumin was talking about.” I heard Suho whisper to me, I turned to my left to look at him but he just smiled and looked back to Kai and Baekhyun. So Xiumin is his name?

I looked at the scene in front of me. Kai was smiling again, Baekhyun wasn’t angry anymore and everyone was laughing or just talking normally. It was like the fight didn’t even happen.

I looked at Xiumin; he was sitting down with Lay eating. I didn't know what to do but as I looked at Beakhyun I just got the feeling that I wanted to apologize, after all, it was because of me that he got hurt so I walked to him.

“What?” I can see that he is still uncomfortable with me. I just smiled and looked at his bruised cheek and bleeding lip. I may not be able to say sorry but I can help him heal.

I stretched my right hand towards his face, I saw him flinch back a bit so I stopped and looked at his eyes.

“W-What are you doing?” I saw that he wasn't angry anymore, he was just confused. I smiled once again and moved my hand closer to his face, I didn’t touch him but it was close enough for me to feel the warmth radiating from his cheeks.

“Yin?” Kai looked confused as ever. By now everyone was now looking at me in confusion.

I ignored them and closed my eyes. I needed to concentrate or else this won’t work; taking a deep breath I focused my thoughts and feelings ‘I want to heal him’. I could feel my energy forming around my hand; just like with the deer back then. I felt a small ache in my left cheek and lip, it wasn’t painful or anything but that was when I knew that it was done healing so I opened my eyes and took my hand back, I saw that Baekhyun didn’t have that nasty bruise anymore so I smiled but as I looked at his eyes I saw that he was shocked. I completely forgot where I was and that everyone was looking at me.

I looked at everyone around me and saw they were just looking at me in shock and amusement. I felt embarrassed and looked down. It was silent for a few minutes, it was making me uncomfortable.

“Wow… you…” I heard Kyungsoo try to say something but seems that he was still shocked.

“You can heal too?” Lay asked me so I looked at him in confusion.

“I can heal, that’s my power. Remember that Kai told you that we have powers? Well, mine’s healing.” Lay just smiled at me. I probably look dumb I completely forgot about that.

“Th-thanks.” I heard Baekhyun whisper, he looked embarrassed as he looked away from me. It made me smile a bit.

“Yin you cheek…” Kai pointed at my left cheek. It was probably the transfer from Baekhyuns injury.

“You can’t heal, you just transfer the injury to yourself?” Lay asked looking concern. I could feel everyone's eyes on me and it made me feel slightly uncomfortable. I saw Baekhyun suddenly stand up and run inside the house.

A few seconds later he came back out with something in his hands. He walked to me and pushed something into my arms then sat down to eat. I looked down at my arms confused just to smile and look at Baekhyun’s back. He gave me a new notebook.

‘I don’t really know what happens but I know that when I heal somebody my body receives a small amount of the same injury.’ I wrote and showed them.

“Stop.” It was Xiumin’s strong voice that made me look at him.

“Just don’t do that again, we have Lay so don’t create more work for him.” Xiuming said as he walked inside, just looking back to tell me that we would have a talk tomorrow about my condition.

After that everything went back to how it was before the fight, well except that now Baekhyun didn’t glare at me and instead helped me whenever I was struggling. He isn’t a diva like Lay told me, he’s just as cute as everyone else.