CHAPTER 6 – MEETING HIM

Show me the light

When we were done Kyungsoo and Lay said that they were going to clean up the mess, I wanted to protest but Luhan was already calling me from the other room that I assume was the living room, to go and play with him.

As I entered the living room I was shocked once again; the ceiling is so high and there’s lots of space, they have a chimney in the center of the wall and big couches around it, above the chimney there is a  big tv and beside it was a black box that I guess is where the game goes because Luhan was putting a disc inside it while saying that I was going to like the game. We sat down on a sofa type of thing that was in the middle, I don’t know what it was, I’ve never seen it in my life but it was like a sofa just without any backrest, still it was very soft and comfortable.

“Here Yin! The winner of this game is the one who knocks their opponent first! I’m gonna go easy on you since it’s your first time playing it.” Luhan gave me the control and we started playing.

The game wasn’t fun at first, I didn’t like the idea of hurting others but Luhan kept saying that it was only a game and no one in real life was getting hurt.

 By the 4th round, I got the hang of it and started winning against Luhan, fact that he didn’t like very much because he kept repeating that I was only winning because he let me win. ‘He’s cute and kind of reminds me of Tao a bit. Both so innocent and childish, I really hope that they can have their happy ever after in life.’

“Hey, guys Suho just called us and said that they will get here by 6 pm so we better start making dinner it’s already noon,” Lay said while smiling at us. Luhan ended the game and went to put the controls and everything back to their original place.

“What do you guys think about having BBQ for dinner?” Kyungsoo said while laughing at Luhan who was jumping excitedly at the mention of BBQ.

“YES YES YES YES!! It’s been so long since we had BBQ!” Luhan was just so excited that I worried that he might have a heart attack. ‘I should help them with cooking, I don’t really like the idea of just sitting around and doing nothing when they have helped me so much.’ I grabbed my notebook and wrote down that I wanted to help them.

‘I can help cook if you’ll like. I really want to do something else than just laying around and do nothing.’ Kyungsoo smiled at me when he read what I wrote.

“Well, you can help Lay set up everything for the BBQ while Luhan and I go shopping for the ingredients.” It seems like the excited Luhan doesn’t like going to buy groceries because he suddenly became gloomy; still, just one look from Kyungsoo and he went straight to his room to change.

 Lay motioned me to follow him outside so we could set up everything. Just before a went outside I got an Idea and ran back to Kyungsoo writing something to show him.

‘Could I ask for you to buy some extra ingredients? I would like to bake a small thank you cake for everyone.’

“You don’t have to Yin but if you really want to I’ll help you with anything you need.”

‘How many people are there? Does anyone have an allergy? What do they like?’ I just realize that I don’t know anything about them. It made me kind of embarrassed as Kyungsoo laughed a bit. We decided to make a strawberry crepe cake in the end.

Kyungsoo and Luhan went to buy the ingredients that we needed while Lay and I organized the backyard for the BBQ.

After 2 hours we were done, Kyungsoo and Luhan had arrived about half an hour ago and started organizing the ingredients for the BBQ. After everything was done Lay and Luhan went to make something quick to eat while Kyungsoo and I started to make the cake.

By the time everything was done it was already 5 pm so we quickly cleaned the mess in the kitchen and waited for the other to arrive. I was feeling very nervous to meet new people. ‘Will they like me? Will they think I’m a bother?’ Before I could start panicking again Kyungsoo called out to me.

“The guys are very sweet, they’ll love you so don’t worry.”

“Yeah even if they are mean sometimes and hide my candy so I can’t find them, they are very playful and love meeting new people, well Suho is a worry wart but he’s very kind-hearted!” Luhan had a lollipop in his mouth, with the excuse that he needed the sugar so he wouldn't fall asleep.

“True, Suho is like our mother. I think you will have more trouble with Sehun though, he may look very serious and quiet but he is just shy. Chen is a very playful person and like to joke around about everything so don’t take him to serious; Chanyeol is just like him but his laugh is more creepy than anything but he is nice and love music more than anything; then we have Baekhyun he is very loud and also jokes around but not the same as Chen, he takes care of everyone like Suho but doesn’t like to show it so he acts like a diva.” Lay was telling me all about them so I could calm down a little and know their personalities beforehand.

“And last but not least we have our leader Xiumin, he is Chen’s best friend but doesn’t joke like him. He looks very kind and carefree but he is always there for us when we need help.” Luhan looked serious for a second there while talking about Xiumin. ‘It scares me a bit that their leader wants to talk to me later but at the same time I trust Luhan so I’m not sure what to expect.’

“WE’RE HOME!!!” Kai’s voice was heard so suddenly and loudly that made me jump up and look at the doorway. Kyungsoo went to the door while Luhan was laughing at me and Lay just giggled at me while going with Kyungsoo. I grabbed my notebook and waited for Kai to show around the corner.

“YIN! How are you? You gave me a scare when you suddenly passed out while I was carrying you here!” Kai looked a lot better now than when I met him. I wrote in my book.

‘Kai thank you so much for saving me, I’m sorry I worried you but I’m fine now.’ I saw as other guys entered the living room chatting with each other, they didn’t seem to notice me until Luhan decided to scream my name.

“YIIIINNN!! Look! Look! Sehun brought me a cute stuffed bunny as a present isn’t cute?!” He was basically jumping in front of me with the widest smile I’ve ever seen. Before I could respond a cold voice interrupted me.

“Hhmm… so this is the famous sleeping beauty?” A guy that had brown hair and dark brown eyes that were even darker because of his eyeliner took a step forwards while examining me with his eyes. I didn’t like it, it felt like I was back in the orphanage. That look that he gave me I know it too well, he didn’t like me.

“Baekhyun be nice.” I heard Kai say to him, but I couldn’t move, I just kept looking at the floor.

“I am nice Kai, it’s just that I don’t like people who intrude on other people’s lives just like that.” Baekhyun glared at me fiercely even if I didn’t see him I could still feel his eyes on me. ‘Scary…’I wrapped my arms around my notebook trying to stop shaking, I didn’t want anybody to see me like this.

“Baekhyun!” this time it was Kyungsoo’s voice. I took a step back. ‘I’m creating trouble again.The kind people that took me in are now fighting because of my presence, I shouldn’t be here.’

 With shaking hands I opened my notebook and started writing; I could still hear Baekyun and Kai yelling but I couldn't make out what they were saying.

‘I’m sorry for bothering you, I just wanted to thank you for helping me, I’ll leave-'

“What are you guys yelling about now?” A deep voice interrupted my writing, it was so alluring that I had to look up and see who it was.  As my eyes searched for that person I saw that everyone had gone quiet and was looking at one guy.

 Tall, muscular, black hair that could cover his eyes, white skin, everything was so captivating about him but his eyes were the one thing I was most mesmerize about, they were almost light brown eyes with a cat-like shape. I couldn’t explain it but I just couldn’t keep my eyes off of him, there was something about him that was pulling me in. The moment his eyes met mine I let out a small gasp as I felt my heart race.

“So you're Yin, I’m sorry about the guys, they can be very childish at times.” This man was talking to me and I couldn’t do anything else but just stare back. He looked at me weirdly before he smiled at me but something felt off, it wasn't a real smile. It was like the smiles I gave people at the orphanage, fake.

“Well I’ll go change first then we can talk and you guys better not misbehave while I’m gone.” The man went upstairs without looking at me and I couldn’t help feel disappointed at that. ‘What is happening to me?’

“Yin! Let's go outside and start getting food!” Before I could register what had happened Luhan had grabbed my hoodie sleeve and pulled me outside where the BBQ was.