Bring the pain

Gone

Jongkook doesn't want to think about it anymore, but he can't help to feel it, the presence...those invisible eyes are still out there watching him and he knows it. He doesn't tell Sehun anymore, but he is terrified of being alone in the house, he doesn't even open the windows, just turns the AC right away and all the lights until Sehun arrives and his heart calms down a little bit. 

"Did you like that guy, Wu?"

"I don't know, Taehyung says he is a good guy...he knows him from before", he sounds uninterested.

"Don't they look...I don't know, too close and cozy?" , Jongkook rolls his eyes.

"Are you jealous on behalf of Chanyeol? Its been a year, he has the right to move on"

"He is moving on? Taehyung told you something?"

"Hyung, I don't know and I don't care. Baekhyun Hyung is someone that I love and would love to see happy, to go back to his old self", Jongkook knows that Sehun doesn't like what he is hearing, Sehun doesn't want ANYONE to move on from Chanyeol. Jongkook is very close to breaking. 

-------------------

Sehun is looking at his board, his chart, his investigation. Every so often he remembers the first time he met Chanyeol: that big smile, the gentle eyes, the warm hugs. He remembers talking about his uality with him, then them becoming a family, them talking about Jongkook. He misses him greatly, sometimes the sadness is so much, like a part of his soul has been taken away from him. And he can't even tell Jongkook anymore because he gets jealous and acts a fool, and is not that Sehun doesn't get it, he has been neglecting their relationship but he can't deal with this anymore.

Look, Sehun loves Jongkook to death, he is his only family as of now, they are each other's only family, but he won't lie and will admit that he has thought about breaking up. He will admit that sometimes, no, at times, he had doubts about the situation in which Jongkook became the last person that Chanyeol saw, the last person that saw Chanyeol alive. That thought scares him, but he is got it anyways. And it is not that he thinks that Jongkook killed Chanyeol, but Sehun thinks that Jongkook didn't tell him the whole truth of what happened that day, the things Chanyeol said to Jongkook, Sehun thinks his boyfriend is keeping information from him AND from the police. Sehun, overall, doesn't like the way in which Jongkook just demands him to move on as if he was in such a hurry to put Chanyeol aside, to erase Chanyeol, to just pretend that what happened/is happening to Chanyeol is already over, the topic it's done and no, to Sehun is not done and won't be done even if someone doesn't find Chanyeol, his body or the truth about what happened to him. Jongkook will have to understand that or get the out of Sehun's life.

--------------------

Jongkook can't really sleep, maybe its the heat or the rain making a fuss outside, the bolts of lightning, the thunders. He takes a deep breath once more and turns to watch Sehun sound asleep. He, sometimes thinks that Sehun hates him, he can feel that sometimes Sehun wants him far from him. Jongkook tries to give Sehun his space, he tries to think what would happen to him if the person missing was Taehyung, a person that he grew up with, that takes care of him, that has loved him for years, yeah, probably Jongkook would've gone crazy. However, Jongkook knows that whatever feeling he would have upon Taehyung's disappearing would be ten times worse if the one gone was Sehun, literally, Jongkook would either die or kill himself if that happens. And it's sad because he is starting to think that Sehun wouldn't feel the same because he sometimes feels like a burden to Sehun and maybe if he was gone Sehun would be...at peace. 

---------------------

"If I ask you something....do you promise me that you won't go all detective on me and...I don't know, report what I say?", Sehun says as he sips on his beer.

"To be honest, it depends: are gonna confess a crime?", Joonmyeon asks as he leaves down his own glass of beer. Sehun smiles and swallows.

"It's about my boyfriend's report, declaration, on Park Chanyeol's case".

"What about it?", Joonmyeon fakes surprise.

"I wanna know exactly what he said".

"Why?", Sehun shrinks his shoulders.

"I just don't think he told me the whole truth of that day", Joonmeyon smiles.

"And you wanna involve the police on such a personal matter", Joonmyeon shakes his head.

"I just... I want to know what exactly happened between them that day. I don't think he really is telling me"

"And why do you think he told the police the truth?"

"Doesn't he has to?"

"Of course, everybody does but it is not mandatory. What he DID say was proved, what he didn't say...well, nobody can do much about that. He said he was there at such time with Chanyeol and that he left him at such and such time. He was on the CCTV, all he said was true".

"Did you see the footage?", Joonmyeon nods. "How did they look like? Serious? Sad? Angry?"

"They looked...normal, that's the reason why nobody called your boyfriend back again. Our people went to the restaurant, they asked around and the people there told them that they looked fine, they didn't cause a ruckus".

"What did your people say about him?"

"Sehun", Joonmyeon warns. "You know that I don't work in investigations anymore, they won't let me in on those things", Sehun knows that he is lying.

"But you worked on cases before. What would've you think about a witness like him"

"Sehun what are you asking? Do you have new information? Are you asking me if he could've had anything to do with Park Chanyeol's disappearance? or are you telling me that he had something to do with it?", Sehun goes silent, maybe just now understanding the implications of his words. He takes a deep breath.

"I can't talk about this anymore. I cant...tell anybody else nothing about this", he sounds sad.

"About what?", Joonmyeon is starting to worry.

"About Chanyeol. I cant tell Baekhyun because I don't want to hurt him anymore, I can't tell Jongkook because he gets madder every time, I can't tell my boss because he doesn't care... If Chanyeol Hyung was here he would listen to me, he always listened to me, no matter what time, what day nor how many times, he was always there..and now", his voice starts to break and his grip gets tighter around the beer glass. "I don't have anyone else to go, nobody whom to tell...I'm angry and I feel useless and traped, he did so much for me and I cant even do this? I can't trust anybody else....", Joonmyeon listens carefully.

"You can come to me whenever you want", it comes out of his mouth easily, organically. "I know we are not friends like that, but we know each other for a long time ago. You can count on me. Now...why do you think your boyfriend would've wanted to hide information from you regarding that night?"