Chapter 7

Star-Crossed Lovers

Who would have though that things would have turned out like this?

Honestly not me nor anyone... or maybe.... hm no too unexpected... although she did told me something about it. 

"Damn her," I muttered as I walked towards school, squeezing the straps from my backpack. She knew, yet she didn't warn me directly. I frowned, looking down. 

"Hey, watch out," someone shouted and I looked up just to almost collide with someone. I skipped to the side just in time, although it was something a normal person wouldn't be able to do. My eyes went wide as I saw who it was. 

"Oh, hey," the person said as they turned around, a surprised look on her face I suppose, since her eyes went a little bit wide. 

"Eunbi," I muttered, my tone cold as always although I couldn't help that my heart was racing. I grimaced. I hate this. 

"How are you though, last class you ran away while crying," she said as she leaned on her left leg, looking at me upside down. 

Stop it. 

My jaw tensed. 

There wasn't any need to bring that up Hwang. 

I looked at her eyes, there was nothing. Nothing that indicated she loved me or any feeling whatsoever. She seemed bored, like she had to ask that out of compromise. 

I inhaled.

"Great honestly," I said as I squeezed the straps of my backpack again. 

"Ah, I see," she said nodding even though it showed on her face that she didn't buy it. 

We stayed silent and it was so uncomfortable, I just wanted to run away and it didn't help that my heart was beating fast. 

"About what happened..." she trailed off and I looked up to meet her eyes, she looked away and scratched her neck while releasing a weird kind of laugh, I just raised an eyebrow. "It's okay for you to have those types of feelings. I don't mind."

I frowned. What the is she talking about. 

"What feelings?" I asked tilting my head in a matter of what does she mean. 

She rolled her eyes and exhaled. "That you like me of course. I don't mind that a girl likes me." 

I stood there frozen. 

What. 

The. 

Actual. 

"Ummm, it doesn't really bother me and I'm sorry but I don't feel the same way," she said, looking down at her feet. 

I laughed. 

It was weird one. 

Kind of like the ones you hear from a crazy person. 

"I don't like you Hwang," I said when I calmed down. And for sure as hell she was confused. 

"What?" She asked but then she shook her head. "I don't understand, it's obvious. I can see it." 

She then looked down at my body. "It's right there. Red. Is all I see when you are with me." 

I got chills when she told me that. That's something definitely not normal among humans. 

What the hell is this girl made from? 

"You are honestly so weird," I said as I shook my head. 

No she can't see those types of things. 

And I can't be feeling this type of way. 

I'm Death and I do not feel any human emotion. Never. 

"I'm sorry but I don't know the feeling of love or like. I never felt it with anyone much less you, a person I've recently met. You are not special, Hwang," I said almost snapping at her. 

Her eyes went glassy, it looked like she was taken back. "You're so cold, but whatever. If that helps you to sleep then fine. You can deny it all you want, but you know you like me." 

"Certainly don't," I said walking past her by bumping her shoulder. "Not with someone who is so self centered." 

I walked away, without looking back at her. 

Even though they sealed my fate with her, I'm going to get away from her. That's the thing they forgot. An eternal being can get rid of emotions as fast as they get them and guess who has become an expert in that? 

I smiled. I'm not letting her win, that's for sure. 

______________________________________

Heeey. I know is short but I think this says something that adds to the plot. Most of the chapters are short in this story now that I think about it. 

Anyways. I finally updated omg, sorry for the long wait. 

Hmmm now I wonder, what do you think? I mean, Sowon said that they struck both by fate and love but Sinb seems to not feel the same way towards Yerin or does she? She also has this, special gift too...  

What do you think about Yerin. Do you think she will be able to ignore her feelings? 

Anyways, you can ask/answer on the comments if you like. 

I like people who comment btw. 

See you next time

I love you, 

-Lu