Chapter 2.

Star-Crossed Lovers

Since the day the child was born, I unconsciously have returned to see the brand new-family. It's not that I want to, but there is something in that child that draws me in. 

Eighteen years has passed and my master think she's dead. After all, I had to kill a baby girl for him to believe me and he was actually relieved to see that the child does no longer exist, which made me quite suspicious about his reaction. But lately he's been acting bat crazy so I thought that maybe the years has affected him that much. 

Anyways, the tiny child wasn't that tiny anymore. She has grown and not only in age but in height too; she is almost my own size and I am considered one of the most tallest in our midst. She also resembles her mother so much but she got her father's smile. She looks kind of adorable with that pout and somewhat upset face while she is following around a tall girl like a lost puppy. Right now, she is wearing an officer's outfit while holding lazily a fake gun. 

I must say that, she looked hot in that outfit. Well, you know, for being a mere human. She has some pretty acceptable visuals. 

I followed her every movement while I was hiding behind a giant tree and everytime she turned around to see the tree, I'll just duck under the bushes to hide. It was like, I was afraid for being caught and my heart beat like crazy every time she turned around. 

I may sound like a stalker know that I think about it, but I don't have any ulterior motives. Instead, picture it as a type of investigation and she is the experiment. That's right. 

I forgot to mention that today is Halloween, hence as to why she's wearing an officer's costume. Since it's Halloween, I can be seen by people. Don't ask me why because I don't know the answer to that question. So that's the reason as to why I was ducking behind the bushes whenever she glanced at my spot. 

Anyway, I'm disguised as the Reaper of Souls. Pretty creative right? 

She turned around so I ducked again and waited 10 seconds so that I can resume my posture. I peeked over the bushes and when I was sure she wasn't glancing at my way, I got up. But suddenly, I was startled by a voice shouting my name. 

"JUNG YERIN! WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FOR?" I froze as I felt that all eyes were on me, especially hers. Well, I'm wearing a hooded cloak so my face isn't recognizable at all, something I'm really thankful for.  

"What the ?" I gritted my teeth as I walked out of my hiding spot and grabbed Sowon's fake wings. "I told you to not say my ing name."

"Hey. Quit touching my wings, they are limited edition you know," she said frowning while trying to shoo me away from her. She then looked at what I was wearing. She stiffled a laugh but then she doubled over laughing, almost falling to the floor. 

"What? Got a problem with my choice of disguise?" I asked her and she just cackled. "You shouldn't laugh when you are wearing fake wings and a crossbow toy and what it seems to be a nightgown." 

"It's not a nightgown, you clown," she composes herself and grabs the edge of her clothing. "It's a toga." 

"A nightgown." 

She sighs deeply and pinchs the edge of her nose. "How can I expect you to understand when you didn't even know how a husband is pronounced." 

I glared at her and once again, a voice interrupted our casual conversation. 

"Hey guys! Sorry I'm late," Eunha runs towards us, but when we saw how she was dressed, Sowon rolled on the floor laughing while I just smiled at her dorkiness. She was dressed as an actual Fate, like in the mythology. 

"Yours is the best one so far," Sowon giggled as she dried off some tears. "Oh my god. Really? The Fates from Hercules? Really? And you even put on the fake nose." 

She erupted in laughter again. Eunha just pouted. 

"I hate you," she turns her head away and watches sadly the tree I was once hidden. "It was the only thing that came up in my mind." 

The two of them can be seen too this day and we don't know why or how. It's one of the mysteries that will remain being unanswered. 

"Good afternoon," a voice said from behind my back making me smile. 

"Hello Time," I said without turning around. 

"Oh . You scared me. , don't do that," Sowon shouted and stopped laughing abruptly when she heard the voice. She then, turned to see Time but she lost it again. She cackled and she clapped her hands like a retarded seal. I almost chuckled at her reaction. I turned around and saw that Time was indeed disguised as a human hourglass.

I raised my eyebrows at her choice but then ironically, the four of us has chosen a costume that defines our daily jobs. 

"And you said mine's worst," Eunha said giggling at Time's outfit. 

"Really Umji-yah? You are supposed to be the most wise and clever among the four of us, but that choice of an outfit is hilarious," Sowon snorted while trying to control her fits of laughter. 

Umji just watched emotionless at Sowon and Eunha. "You really are annoying." 

She snapped her fingers and Sowon and Eunha froze. Their eyes wide open as well as their mouth. I walked next to Umji and smiled at her. 

"Good job," I said and she nodded.

"I guess you wanted to kill them when Sowon arrived out of nowhere startling you from hiding from someone," she trialed off and I felt that my heart stopped. 

"What are you talking about?" I panicked for a moment. Actually, the only fear that I have is a divine being and that is Time. She may seem like an innocent and sweet angel but she isn't. She scares the hell out of me. She is someone you won't want to have on their bad side or even someone you don't want to cross. She is that scary. And her knowledge is something amazing, she know everyhting. You can't keep secrets without her knowing.

But either way, she just smirked and that action made me nervous. "Oh, you know damn well what I am talking about." 

"I don't?" I questioned and she raised an eyebrow. That was a bad move. She stayed silent for a moment. 

"Sometimes, I think you are far more intelligent than me Yerin and you have the capacity to outnumber me. But if only you wouldn't have focused solely on being a killer machine, you'll know what is about to happen and you could have stopped it before it is too late. Since it won't give you the results you are expecting," Umji looked at me straight in the eyes while she told me this. I tilted my head in confusion at what she said. But before I could question her about it, she snapped her fingers again and disappeared. 

At the same time, Eunha and Sowon were unfrozen. 

"Where did she go?" Sowon shouted while looking at everywhere. "You are a ing coward from running off like that! you!" 

Meanwhile, Eunha laid on the sidewalk, rocking herself back and forth while muttering something like I won't do that again and she's scary. 

"Where the did she went?" I shrugged my shoulders and Sowon sighed. 

I was confused. She always speaks the truth and she will never joke on something like that, but what did she meant by it? Something about some results I won't expect? How does it even links with myself? 

I shivered. 

Damn I felt as if I'm being watched. 

"What happened to you?" Sowon asked. 

I just shook my head. "Nothing." 

She shrugs her shoulders and continued cursing at the missing Time. I watched how she paced back and forth while thinking what Umji meant by that. 

What is going to happen to me? 

____________________________________

Helloooooo! 

Sincerly, I thought I wouldn't be able to upload another chapter but I could and that's great. Now, why do my chapters are so short? Well it's because I don't really want this story to end too quickly.

Now, I know that you have some questions and I didn't answer any of them in this chapter. But this one is as important as the others, it may not occur anything important but it does. The questions will be answered on the next chapters. 

Anyways, thank you (again) for suscribing, commenting and even voting. I may appear as if I don't care if you suscribe or not but I actually do, for me I would thank you personally to each and everyone of you but I get too shy and end up thanking you all in here. Maybe, someday, I will. But the thing is that I'm really thankful of all of you. 

I don't know how to interact with you. I really want to. And so that's why I'm always thanking and saying I love you's in the author's note. I appreciate you a lot! 

Huh, okay I think I should stop. Ehhh, oh yeah. Umji is Time, she fits the role actually. And that tall friend of Eunbi, who do you think she is? 

Either way, I hope I'll see you soon! Goodbye! I love you, 

-Lu

 

 

Oh, and there is something that did change. I hope you noticed it. I won't tell you what, you'll have to figure it out. Now, until next time