Chapter 6

Star-Crossed Lovers

After that tiny encounter with Eunbi on the hallway. I was left with a mixed feelings. Me! The almighty Death having sentiments!!! 

Something is happening cause I can't have feelings towards anything, much less towards a human.

We where in History class and I wasn't paying too much attention to it because my heart was beating like bat- crazy, my palms were sweating, I had a weird sensation on my tummy and I had a complete red face. Want to know why? 

Eunbi was sitting next to me and when the teacher said some terrible joke about the Cold War, Eunbi laughed at her heart content. Her laugh was pretty loud and it startled me a bit, but the thing that left me a mess, was that she accidentally placed her hand on my thigh and worst of all was that she squeezed it. 

I couldn't concentrate. Even right now my thoughts are all jumbled because of her little action. Damn this hormonal human teenage body. 

She kept it there and I was getting a little bit uncomfortable, not in a bad kind but in an oddly satisfactory uncomfortable feeling. But still, I couldn't keep it inside me any longer. 

"You know, can you just stop squeezing my thigh?" I asked her softly in her ear. I was red, my ears were red when she just turned her head around and smirked at me. 

"Why does it bother you?" She softly asks, moving her hand upward and I gasped. "Oh my. You are getting all red." 

"Yes it does, so I'm asking you to please stop what you're doing," as much as I would have wanted for that statement to come out firmly, my voice instead wavered and I stuttered in the end. This is definitely not me. 

She laughed and removed her hand. "I'll stop doing it. You aren't really my type." 

I was able to breathe properly and regain my senses. "What does it mean that I'm not your type?" 

She made a tsk sound and turned to whisper in my ear. "It means that, I will not be interested in you romantically. Yes you are pretty, but simply you aren't what I look for. I'm sorry about breaking your heart, it's pretty clear that you are interested in me." 

She leaned back and paid attention to class. 

I was confused and something inside me broke. It was like, I was suddenly not in the mood on doing anything. If I didn't want to go to school now, I didn't even want to come back tomorrow. My eyes were full with water and I didn't know what was exactly happening. Tears, I think, were rolling down my cheeks and I couldn't do anything to stop them. 

"What's wrong?" Eunbi turned around to ask me, her face full of worry. "Why are you crying?" 

Oh. That's the word. I was crying. I don't know why but when I heard it I began to cry more. 

"I don't know. I don't ing know why I'm crying," my voice quivered and my hiccups were heard from across the room. Every one fell quiet and the turned to look at me. 

"Miss Jung, are you okay?" The teacher asked and I shook my head. 

I wasn't. The words that Eunbi said destroyed me and I don't know why exactly. 

"Yerin I-" 

" off," I shouted as I got up, getting away from her touch. I began ordering my things while ignoring the constant questions of the teacher. 

"I didn't mean to... I thought that..." Eunbi opened and then she closed it again.

" off," I mumbled out as I grabbed my things and headed out of the room. I heard her shout my name as well as the teacher shouting my last name. I ignored them. 

I dried off my tears as I was walking rapidly on the hallway, ignoring Eunbi's shouts telling me to wait and that she'll explain it. Although I think it was kind of exaggerated all what's happening, but humans emotions are a drama anyway.

I felt that she was getting closer to me, so I began to jog. I knew that she was a quick runner, so I jogged  faster. I practically ran until I arrived at the house. In which, mama Yuju was eating lazily a pint of ice cream while watching cartoons. 

"Oh, honey you are back," she said cheerfully while on the spoon. "Wait. Why are you here so early. Oh God. Are you crying?" 

I ignored her and walked to my room. I fell into the bed and I felt my eyes water again. I sat on the bed and clapped my hands onto my cheeks. 

"WHY THE I'M STILL CRYING? HUH? CRYING IS FOR WEAK HUMANS. EMOTIONS ARE FOR HUMANS. I'M NOT A HUMAN," I shouted at the top of my lungs and a moment later Sowon appeared in front of me. "WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING HERE?" 

"What happened to your face?" She asked raising an eyebrow at my teary face and mad expression. "Eunbi is worried. She said you disappeared crying after she mentioned some things..." 

I felt a weird sensation on my tummy again as I heard that she was worried about me. But then, realization hit me. 

"What the did you do to me?" I got up and cornered Sowon to the wall. 

"I didn't do anything," she stuttered while looking at me with wide eyes. 

"Don't ing lie. Why am I feeling this sick and terrible emotions?" I frowned and I pronounced the words slowly. "Tell me." 

"I didn't do..." 

"DON'T MAKE ME REPEAT MYSELF, CUPID." 

"Gosh gosh. I'll tell you," she pushed me away from her so that a safe distance was left between the two of us. "Remember the day at the hospital? The day you were assigned to kill her?" 

I nodded. "Yes. I remember." 

"You never questioned yourself why you didn't kill her?" She asked and I tilted my head. 

"No." 

I had a bad feeling that I won't like what she's going to say next. 

"You didn't kill her for the mere reason that I shoot you two with my arrow," she said rapidly and she looked down. 

"WHAT THE ?" 

"It wasn't my idea. It was Eunha's. She suggested it and I thought it wasn't a bad idea, after all she was outraged on how you were about to kill a newborn baby shamelessly," Sowon explained as I try to control my breathing. 

"Then undo it. Undo this spell. I don't want it," I grabbed her by the t-shirt and she just smiled apologetically. 

"I can't. Well I would have if I was the only one who worked in that moment," she said while looking at everywhere but my eyes. "You see, Eunha sealed your fate with her." 

"What the ?" I whispered as I let go of her now wrinkled shirt and glanced at the wall behind her. 

"I'm sorry Yerin but you can't change the destiny, once it's chosen. There's no turning back."

I'm in love with a ing human...

___________________________

Hey there. Long time no see (In this story).

Now that Yerin know why does she feel that way towards our precious little Sinb and what does she feels exactly, I can say that the action is finally starting.

What do you think about this chapter? What Sinb said was mean? Did your answers got "cleared" away in respect as to why she didn't took Sinb's soul when she was a baby? 

Now, I'll write whenever I can. I do not promise like continue uploading, though I'm still writing whenever I have the chance to.

See you later, I love you.

-Lu