Prologue

Star-Crossed Lovers

What is Death? Is it the end or merely the beginning of something else? Can it be the end of all tragedies? Or is it an end in which there's only darkness and not salvation? Or maybe its the other way around. Is there a significance on it? 

Throught many years, humans, have been wondering what is the actual meaning of Death. Some people, or maybe the majority, hates the prospect of dying or loosing the one they love the most but others embrace it like a long lost friend. After all, there's a point in were you have to die. Nothing is immortal once Death pays them a visit. 

There are many beliefs about how Death is represented. The most known is the skeleton with a black robe holding a scythe, others say that it's a supernatural cause, some that it's the will of God, while on Greek and Roman mythology is a god named Thanatos/Mors. They say Death is vile, merciless, terrible and they hate it with all their might. 

There are three perspectives in the world: what you think, what other people think and the truth. Everyone has a different point of view of what Death is.

The problem is that they have it all wrong, there isn't an exact meaning for the word Death. Even I didn't knew why they had to die at the beginning and that's saying too much since I'm actually Death. 

As time passed, I realized that everything has to die at some point on time. At first, I was against it but Time told me this: Since a human is born, their lives practically consists on preparing themselves to die. Just imagine if humans were granted immortality; it'll be a complete disorder. There has to be a balance on the world. Humans die everyday but humans are also born everyday. Yes, they'll hate you and nobody will love you, but deep inside they know that at some point they have to die. 

Since that day, my perspective changed a lot, but I still didn't want to kill them. And that was a mistake. So when the Lord of The Underworld found out about my hesitation, he tortured me and trained me until I show no remorse at the moment I'll take their life away. 

It worked. Since then, I haven't shown any compassion or guilt towards them. Actually I like to see you pathetic little humans to die. 

As time passed, they growed in population. Making it really difficult to kill them, since they were too much of them. They actually had the decency to behave like rabbits, ing each other for no ing reason and creating tiny little humans. 

It was getting out of hand and I can't really divide myself. I may be a divine being but I can't be at different places at the same time.

To solve the problem, I was granted "Helpers." This Helpers have the appearence of dark angels, they are ugly but they do well their job by helping me to kill the little vermins called humans. I command them? Yes, but I can't do anything until the Lord gives me permission. 

Throughout Time, I gained a lot of hate from those little pieces of . And thanks to that, a curious and nosy Love asked me why do they hate me so much (as if I care), so I told her this: I am actually the painful truth that reminds them  that they have to die. I'm the hard reality that brings them back to ing Earth and that they are pathetic mortals. I'll take lives without expection, it doesn't matter who they are in the end. They will end the same way as the others. As dust.

Anyways, moving on. Death (me) doesn't have feelings. It's actually impossible for me to feel pain, guilt, remorse, love blah blah blah blah humans emotion in resume. 

Well, I thought it was impossible until I was assigned to kill her. The moment I saw her, I felt what you humans call "love at first sight." But as you can see, I didn't knew what that sick and unpleasant feeling was until I made the mistake to ask Love, which she cheerfully explained to me what it was. It was disgusting. I hate it. But I also loved it. 

______________________________

So, hey.

I have a question for you guys, who do you think Death is? Is it Sinb? Or is it Yerin?

Okay, then. I'm still hesitant about publishing this story, like I feel that I will end up deleting it but anyways, that's not important.

Wow next week turned out to be today. Sure time flies so fast when your life is falling apart.

I'm kidding actually why are you hearing about me again? And worst of all today? Well, I'm still on vacation, so I'm bored and currently I have nothing to do. And at first I wrote my stories on Microsoft Word but I had to write the chapters all over again in here because the format is a different one and I'm lazy. So that's why I'm updating today.

And also the cover you see is the original one and the only thing I did was change the username. Like I said before, I'm too lazy to change the cover. 

Anyways, until next update. God knows when. I bet tomorrow. Now really is my time to leave. Bye. 

-Lu