Chapter 1

Star-Crossed Lovers

My job is easy and honestly, I kinda like it, even though it consists on taking away a life of a human. I've grown quite used to it, but over the time, since there are so many humans on Earth, the job has become a little overwhelming. 

I have my assistants, yes. But sometimes my master wants me to do it personally. So, I wasn't impressed when he assigned me to "kill" a newborn human. 

So there I was. 

Waiting.

Waiting until the mother delivered the baby. 

I watched the male human (what do you mortals call a male human that's married? A huebend?) pacing back and forth at the waiting room. 

"What are you doing?" A voice whispered in my ear, startling me a bit. I didn't need to turn around to know who it was. 

"Watching how the huebend panicks," I say following the human with my eyes. She just stays quiet without answering me so I thought that she has gone to do whatever she is assigned to, but I was wrong. She erupted in laughter making me glance at her. 

"What did you say?" She asked in between laughs and I just watched her boredly.

"That I'm watching how the huebend panicks," I pronounced the words slowly, not so sure as to why she is laughing and asking me to repeat what I said. 

"It's not huebend. It's hus-band," she said laughing again. "You may be considered Death, the one who brings tragedies and can kill anyone with a swish of your hand, but it doesn't change that you are the most adorable and clumsiest being." 

I glared at her as I felt my cheeks go hot for a second. " you. I knew how to say that. I was just testing your knowledge." 

"Mhm whatever you say," she smiles at me and I rolled my eyes.

"What are you doing here? Go away and shoot at someone with your cross and bow," I told her and she just pouted at me. "Where is your diaper anyway? Baby Sowon is finally poopy-trained?"

"Yes I am. Why aren't you wearing a hooded cloak and your famous scythe, huh?" She asked throwing her shoulders back. "And just so you know, I'm not Cupid. I'm Love. Get your facts straight before you start attacking me." 

I raised an eyebrow. "I'm not a soul reapper. And a hooded cloak? It's still better than your excuse representation of a chubby baby with a bow and arrow." 

"Hiya guys!" A cheerful voice came out of nowhere but we just kept on glaring at each other. "Why are you doing that? You know that you should only express love and happiness." 

" off!" We shouted at the same time.

The voice whimpered. "But you know Fate is right. You are really just a hypocrite Sowon." 

"Oh so you meant that I'm a hypocrite?" She turned to look at a cowering Fate. Now, people thought that Fate and Love are the same thing but it isn't, actually Love has nothing to do with Fate. They are two separate beings and are currently dating each other. 

"No. I didn't meant that, you are not a hypocrite Sowon," said Fate looking at Sowon with pleading eyes. "I wasn't referring to you." 

"You heard her well," I whispered at Sowon. 

"Shut up!" Fate shouted at me and I just smiled, raising my hands.

"I'm just kidding, of course that I know that you didn't meant that," Sowon said making a baby voice, I looked at her disgusted. "Come here, babe." 

Fate giggled and walked into Sowon's arms. "Ugh. That's disgusting. Go away, you are interrupting me."

"On doing what? You are just standing there like a stalker seeing that poor guy," said Fate with a mocking smile. 

"So if she is a stalker, aren't we stalking a stalker?" Sowon asked with a finger on her chin while looking at the ceiling. 

"Oh shut up Eunha. Shut your ing mouth up or else," I shouted at Fate and she just hid behind her tall lover. "I'm doing my work here, I need to kill a tiny human. Now go, I think that the human is about to be born."  

"God. You meanie, how can you kill a newborn baby? What has she ever did to you?" Said Eunha surprised. "You are ing disgusting. I hope that you'll regret doing that!" 

"Watch me do it without hesitating a bit," I sneered at her and her eyes got teary. 

" you. You unsensitive little . Come on Sowon, we have work to do too," she said while in the verge of crying. She grabbed Sowon's hand and vanished in the air.

"I hope that karma hits you hard.."

"Don't you dare say my name or I'll just disappear you to oblivion," I snapped and she rolled her eyes. 

"Watch me say it without hesitating a bit," Eunha snapped back. I scoffed, she used my own words against me. What a novice. 

"If you don't disappear out of my ing face in one," I muttered slowly. "2... Honey you don't want me to say it." 

"FIne. We'll go," she grabbed Sowon's hand and vanished out on thin air. 

I exhaled.

That was close. 

I just don't like my name at all. It's plain. 

I looked up and just in time a nurse opened the door of the Emergency Room and went towards the husband. "She made it. Do you want to see your wife, sir? Just wait a few minutes, she's being transferred into a room." 

The husband dumbly nodded his head at hearing the news. When he realized what the nurse said, he jumped in joy and hugged her. 

I raised an eyebrow at the uncomfortable actions of the nurse, but then she got overwhelmed by his happiness because she was smiling widely along him. 

I scoffed. Your happiness is just temporal, amigo. Just wait a few minutes and he'll be crying his heart out on the hospital room alongside his wife. 

The nurse directed him to the room that her wife will be staying. He nodded and practically ran off to the location. I followed him lazily, taking my time to see that there were some Helpers drifting around. When they saw me, they bowed at me and I just ignored them. 

Humans paid no notice of me as I entered the room with the pale and shaking human. I glanced at him, oh please man up. It isn't a big deal. 

"Hi dear," he looked at his wife with loving eyes, I grimaced at his actions. "How are you?" 

I looked at him. Are you really this ing stupid? Of course she's not fine. She gave to birth a tiny human and you are asking her how is she? Oh please. 

The wife glanced at him with dazed eyes. She nodded and the husband began asking her a million of questions so I just zoned him out.

After what it seem to be days, the nurses let them see their tiny human. It came in what it seemed to be a rolling box. The nurse left the baby and began talking with the new parents. 

I peeled myself from the wall and walked towards the rolling box. 

I glanced at the human rolled up into a cocoon, it looks like a burrito. 

 As I was going to touch the tiny human, it opened its eyes and little brown orbs stared back at me, making me halt. 

I was shocked and I felt a horrible sensation in where my heart is supposed to be. I shook my head, trying to focus back at my task. 

I was about to touch it again but it looked at where I was standing. Directly at me. 

I froze. How can a human see me? It's impossible. I'm invisible to them and the only way they can is when they are in the verge of death or when I choose to.

What's up with this tiny human?

It blinked and yawned, showing its toothless mouth. Its brown eyes looking at me with what it seems to be amazement. I was utterly flabbergasted. 

"So what name did you put to our daughter?" The husband asked turning around to see where I was standing. I retreated my hand and backed away. 

So it's a girl huh? 

I caught a glimpse at her name written on a piece of paper pasted on the rolling box. 

Little did I know that that name will always be engraved into my heart. The name of a girl who turned my perspective of the world, upside down. 

"Hwang Eunbi," the wife muttered just as I melted into the darkness. 

___________________________

Haha plot twist! You didn't see it coming right?

Actually, I was going to choose Sinb as Death because like you said, the role fits her well. Buuuuut, I thought it was going to be too obvious and yes just like @shirosyahnaaz said (you know me too well, hmm am I getting predictable?), that maybe I wanted to make something different and I did. So I chose Yerin instead. 

Now, thank you for commenting. You know sometimes I feel as if no one actually reads this part. And it's like okay, I can rant in here right or maybe I'll just give HUGE SPOILERS IF YOU START READING THIS. 

Haha you fell for that didn't you? 

No? Okay.

Also thanks for suscribing too! 

You are all the real MVP here. 

Byeeeeee, I love youuuuu. Yes, you. The one that's reading this. Just a gently reminder that you are beautiful/handsome just the way you are and that you are doing great love. 

-Lu