chapter nine

liar liar / vernon x seungkwan

09: seungkwan learns that playing around in jihoon's car and distracting him while he's driving is a bad idea

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

seventeen without hansol was like exo with luhan, kris and tao; girls' generation without jessica, f(x) without sulli 一 it somehow worked out but it just wasn't right. when the topic was bought up the silence was deafening, and the members shuffled on their feet anxiously until doogi pd told them to change the topic. it was all over sites, and some people had seen this as an opportunity to go and start rumors about other members of seventeen. 

 

seventeen were on hiatus, the ceo deciding that it would be best to stay out of the limelight until the whole "situation" died down. the boys sent most of their time at the dorm, or out and about in seoul. everyone missed hansol greatly 一 everybody expect their fans, who all seemed to be very happy and were now waiting on an official statement to confirm his departure. 

 

hansol would've liked to say he kept in contact with the members and visited them, but it would've been a lie. the ceo was ruthless and told hansol if he wanted to even have the smallest chance of returning to seventeen he would cut all contacts with the members. so hansol spent most days wondering how the boys were doing, especially seungkwan 一as much as he denied it, he really missed him. 

 

he knew that hansol was staying at a hospital not for away from hongdae, and begged jihoon to go with him to visit hansol. he knew if they were caught by the ceo they would be in serious trouble so they made an elaborate plan 一 telling the ceo they were going to visit some relatives. since jihoon was with him the ceo easily believed him and let them go. 

 

-

 

"but what if he doesn't want to see me?" seungkwan repeated as jihoon rolled his eyes again. 

 

the younger boy looked at jihoon, who was focused on the road, and sighed 一 he hadn't been able to get much sleep due to his anxiety for the visit. in fact he could feel his eyes dropping now, but he tried his best to keep them open. he knew soon enough they would be at the hospital and he would have to face his fears soon enough. 

 

so he reached forward and turned up the radio, changing and skipping until he found a song he liked 一 laboum's shooting love. he sang along, rolling down the window so pedestrians and other drivers could hear. some rolled up their windows, obviously annoyed, while others cheered him on and laughed.

 

jihoon, however, did not find his singing amusing and turned the radio off much to seungkwan's disappointment. the younger boy pouted and took off his seat belt, leaning forward to turn it up again just as jihoon swervered around a sharp corner 一 jihoon's arm fell into seungkwan's and the older boy lost his grip of the wheel, and fell down bumping his head into seungkwan. 

 

the car slid down a corner, nearly knocking a couple who were crossing the road off their feet, and smashed into a pole as people ran to avoid the car. seungkwan winced in pain as he was thrown across the car and banged straight into jihoon, as the airbag blew up. he couldn't feel his legs and he heard jihoon let out a small scream. 

 

"are you okay?" he asked, unable to see jihoon. 

 

"what do you ing think?" 

 

seungkwan didn't bother to reply and instead closed his eyes in pain.

 

-

 

"a twisted ankle, a broken hand and we might have to do some surgery on your nose to return it to it's original shape." the doctor read off the paper passed to him by one of the nurse's, and shot seungkwan a pained smile. "so that means rest and no music shows, young man."

 

"as if we had any promotions anyways." jihoon scoffed, as he struggled to scratch his calf due to the cast on his leg. 

 

"i don't understand how this man," the doctor pointed at jihoon. "suffered more damage than you even though he wore a seat belt, yet you didn't. strange 一 anyways, we'll keep you here for a day at most and then you can return to your glitzy glamour life, ok?" 

 

seungkwan nodded and jihoon hummed as the doctor left the room, the second the door was shut and the nurse behind him had gone jihoon pinched seungkwan's cheek in annoyance. 

 

"you and your radio! look what it's got  us into!" jihoon looked into seungkwan's eyes but the younger boy looked down, diverting the firey gaze. "you can't even make eye contact with me!" 

 

"i'm sorry!" seungkwan mumbled, slyly watching jihoon's reaction. when the older boy didn't say anything he stuck his head back up and looked around the room, bored. 

 

"there's a park downstairs 一 for patients, want to take a visit?" jihoon spoke up, reading from a pamphlet. 

 

seungkwan nodded and soon the two boys were downstairs admiring the garden, the flowers and the total difference from normal seoul surroundings. seungkwan was smelling a pretty looking purple flower when he heard jihoon cry out in pain. 

 

"what's wrong?" he immeaditly took jihoon's hand. "should we go back inside?" 

 

jihoon shook his head, brushing seungkwan's hand off him. "just some pain in my back, i'll be fine 一 don't worry." he limped off further into the park leaving seungkwan alone and worried.

 

"i knew you were here," a voice came from behind him. "i just didn't expect to bump into you."